Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-26-2017, 12:23 AM   #46
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I do know that a peace process is derailed.
Why do we need a peace process? Didn't a bunch of people like Carter and Arafat and Rabin get Nobel Peace Prizes back in the day for their accomplishments in achieving peace? If the UN did that, it must be all settled, right?
Old 12-26-2017, 12:27 AM   #47
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Cutting 285 million from the UN budget and telling 90% of them to eat it is the topper to a glorious week for the right. Burn baby burn.........
You don't think some of these foreign policy moves are upsetting the balance of power in the world and weakening our relationships with key allies?

I'm not talking about the Embassy. That's small potatoes.
Personally, I wouldn't have done it because it doesn't gain you any leverage but it's whatever... there are plenty of examples of us losing credibility.

One of the most disturbing pieces of information is that military spending is increasing across the globe substantially next year.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 12-26-2017 at 12:34 AM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2017, 12:38 AM   #48
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Why do we need a peace process? Didn't a bunch of people like Carter and Arafat and Rabin get Nobel Peace Prizes back in the day for their accomplishments in achieving peace? If the UN did that, it must be all settled, right?
I didn't say we did. Honestly it's a region that need a whole perspective shift for anything good to come from it. I also wasn't the one though that made a big deal about sending my Son-in-law there to begin working on it.

Only point I made is they are abandoning it. As far as the embassy thing it's... whatever... personally wouldn't have done it as it's a chip you can't play now and it gains you no leverage. On the whole though I give negative Fs either way.
Old 12-26-2017, 12:56 AM   #49
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
You don't think some of these foreign policy moves are upsetting the balance of power in the world and weakening our relationships with key allies?

Personally, I wouldn't have done it because it doesn't gain you any leverage but it's whatever... there are plenty of examples of us losing credibility.

One of the most disturbing pieces of information is that military spending is increasing across the globe substantially next year.
Our Allies will line up right behind us as usual.

You can’t kill anybody or more importantly deter anybody with credibility. Peace through strength.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:29 AM   #50
boxcar

Quote:

The U.S. lost all credibility was in office because that communist community organizer only knew how to lead behind and had the respect of no one. Trump is regaining our credibility! Haven't you heard: He's Making America Great Again?
Old 12-26-2017, 08:39 AM   #51
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Our Allies will line up right behind us as usual.

You can’t kill anybody or more importantly deter anybody with credibility. Peace through strength.
You also can't win the hearts of those UN nazis thru corruption as Bill Clinton tried, nor thru stupidity as G.W. Bush tried, and especially not thru surrender and treason as Barack Obama tried.

As Trump makes America Great Again, history will prove that he also saved Europe and the Middle East along the way.

Trump to the rescue; the nazis of the UN to the trash heap.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2017, 10:28 AM   #52
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
As Trump makes America Great Again, history will prove that he also saved Europe and the Middle East along the way.
HE SHALL SAVE EUROPE AND THE MIDDLE EAST IN HIS SPARE TIME

SUCH IS HIS GREATNESS

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2017, 11:07 AM   #53
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post

SUCH IS HIS GREATNESS

Trump has no desire to save Europe and the Middle East, they are lost.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2017, 11:40 AM   #54
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
We need them to buy all the stuff we will be producing when the new fair trade tariffs go into effect.
Old 12-26-2017, 11:52 AM   #55
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

SUCH IS HIS GREATNESS

Try ROLAIDS!
Old 12-26-2017, 11:55 AM   #56
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post

Amen, bro - neither are WORTH saving.
Europe has been nothing but loser for centuries.
Hitler walked all over them, and so would have the USSR if not for the USA.
Europe is impudent and useless.

Oh my, mostie, sorry to wreck your Christmas rant.
Shame to waste all that alcohol.
Old 12-26-2017, 01:05 PM   #57
reckless
Veteran

Quote:

SUCH IS HIS GREATNESS

What you are missing ... which is understandable considering your history ... is that the nazis and the Europe trash that govern a once-great Continent will come running to Trump and the USA to save them -- from themselves and their Open borders policy. There are just so many times that Muslim migrants rape and kill Europeans through terror before the 'leaders' cry help!

Then we have the generational and historic economic boom that has already begun in the USA -- thanks to Trump, and Trump alone -- which by extension will help the undeserving EU get out of their self-imposed economic malaise.

The best way for Trump to save Europe from themselves is actually quite simple: first, withdraw American troops from Germany and other EU sites where we have a presence. Let Merkel defend both the German people (and the other EU pikers too) and also provide 'free' healthcare to her snotty and spoiled citizenry. Same thing goes for the UK and France, both run by two of the dumbest people in the history of the world.

And when Trump/USA stops subsidizing these ungreatful cowards and freeloaders then maybe, just maybe, the EU will stop the insanity and get their act together. Our military and our taxpayers protect these losers and subsidize their slovenly lifestyle. This will end thanks to Trump and leadership.

As for the Middle East, moving our embassy to Jerusalem -- Israel's rightful and historic capitol city -- is just the very first step by Trump in saving the Middle East while telling the entire world the era of idiot US presidents is now over. And yes, Trump got the ball rolling in his spare time as you suggested.

The leading Middle East countries will happily work with Israel for peace knowing Trump is our President and the leader of the free world.

Another driver for peace will be the world-wide deflation in international oil prices --thanks to both Iran dumping and USA fracking-- which will keep the Saudis in line so they could concentrate on their real enemy, Iran.

I just can't wait for tomorrow because Trump gets better every day.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2017, 01:39 PM   #58
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
We need them to buy all the stuff we will be producing when the new fair trade tariffs go into effect.

Widgets and Trinkets?
Old 12-26-2017, 01:54 PM   #59
woodtoo

"I can't wait for tomorrow because Trump gets better every day"

You are not alone, he has much to clean up in his own back yard and that starts tomorrow!
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2017, 01:56 PM   #60
woodtoo

Quote:

Widgets and Trinkets?
This kind of thinking is what got you (dims) where you are today...at the bottom of the trash heap.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: