Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-28-2018, 12:41 PM   #61
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Whom you've attacked if they're critical of Trump, ie Clocker and Saratoga Mike, just to name a couple..
Me! Me!

Biggest dick here.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2018, 12:42 PM   #62
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Me! Me!

Biggest dick here.
Quit bragging.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:46 PM   #63
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Who among us is the "Marshall Bennett" of the liberals? Can you point him out to me please?
You think he was talking about you personally?

Until you're accused of hosting NAZI HQ, spare me the indignation.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:48 PM   #64
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Me! Me!

Biggest dick here.
Oh yeah! Sorry for leaving you out

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2018, 12:48 PM   #65
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Whom you've attacked if they're critical of Trump, ie Clocker and Saratoga Mike, just to name a couple..
I've attacked clocker? Cool.

It's always interesting to see what counts as "attack" to some.

That last sentence might even be an attack.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 06-28-2018 at 12:51 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2018, 12:49 PM   #66
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Me! Me!

Biggest dick here.
100% accurate. You know it. Wear it with pride.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:51 PM   #67
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
that exalts nation and often race above the individual
I'm not even going to try and figure out what you are....

That said the bolded part is EXACTLY what his campaign ran on. What his tweets are about. What his economic policy (if you can call it that) is.

You asked me to provide tenants and examples and I gave you three very obvious ones of the flirtation with fascism as seen by this administration and a group of its supporters.

You, personally, have steered away from some of those I'll give you that... tariffs and "self-sufficiency"... I stated your argument for steel tariffs was the most plausible one I've seen. Its not great... but its a least draped with a bit of legitimacy and worthy of discussion. Others here though on that and other issues... its really easy to see.

I'm not going to copy and paste posts because I'm already a YUGE dick around here but some of these posts are frighteningly close to some European rhetoric in the 20s and 30s.

But the cookie has crumbled and some of the pieces start with a lower case
"f".

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 06-28-2018 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:00 PM   #68
boxcar

Quote:
I'm not even going to try and figure out what you are....

That said the bolded part is EXACTLY what his campaign ran on. What his tweets are about. What his economic policy (if you can call it that) is.

You asked me to provide tenants and examples and I gave you three very obvious ones of the flirtation with fascism as seen by this administration and a group of its supporters.

You have steered away from some of those I'll give you that... tariffs and "self-sufficiency"... I stated your argument for steel tariffs was the most plausible one I've seen. Its not good... but its a least draped with a bit of legitimacy. Others here though on that and other issues... its really easy to see.

I'm not going to copy and paste posts because I'm already a YUGE dick around here but some of these posts are frighteningly close to some European rhetoric in the 20s and 30s.

But the cookie has crumbled and some of the pieces start with a lower case
"f".
Trump did not run on a platform of Identity Politics. If he's a racist, as you make him out to be, then you must prove that. You're the one making the claim.

And I didn't ask for examples of anything.

And you're confusing me with someone else. I barely weighed in (if at all) on the tariffs issue.

Trump and his supporters fit under the definition of Nationalism.

You and your ilk accuse Trump and his supporters as being "fascists" because we do believe that America is the greatest country on the planet (nothwithstanding our faults, since no "family" is perfect). The U.S.A. is the foremost leader of Liberty.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:01 PM   #69
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaluke View Post
Many republicans are against abortion
They are also against welfare for these thousands of additional children who will need welfare when they are born
Can't have it both ways
Yes...it seems that many Republicans care about unwanted babies...up until the moment that they are born. After that...the "caring" seems to wane.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:03 PM   #70
thaskalos

Quote:
You and your ilk accuse Trump and his supporters as being "fascists" because we do believe that America is the greatest country on the planet (nothwithstanding our faults, since no "family" is perfect). The U.S.A. is the foremost leader of Liberty.
Aren't the Trump "haters" of the opinion that America is the greatest country on the planet?
Old 06-28-2018, 01:08 PM   #71
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I am not in favor of abortion. But I don't want to see it banned. That doesn't mean I am a cheerleader for the procedure.
It's called pro choice, not pro abortion for a reason. It means that you support the right of a woman to make the choice, even if you personally are opposed.

When I write about abortion, I am writing about the ATTITUDE towards it held by its most enthusiastic proponents, as opposed to the procedure itself, which I believe should be left to the woman to decide.
I don't see this enthusiasm at all. I see women making serious, difficult decisions.

I don't like the attitude toward abortion as it currently stands. It isn't looked at as a last resort, as it should be. It's looked at pretty much as another form of birth control, in my opinion. Certainly by its biggest defenders. And that to me is wrong. They have succeeded in converting a good portion of the population to view it this way as well. That has been their goal. It is why they won't give an inch, even when discussing some of the most extreme examples (partial birth for instance).
If you don't believe abortion should be used as another form of birth control, then why make it so difficult to access the other forms of birth control, condoms, the pill intrauterine devices etc, I'm not referring to you specifically, but many religions-including mine-are opposed to any birth control methods-except rhythm.

I'm sure Obama was in part a result of the discontent with Republicans, and certainly with the image painted of the Bush administration by the media and others. Of course, a nice big chunk of that image was Bush's own fault
Ya think?

But I never trashed Obama as much as the biggest anti-Trumpers are trashing Trump every single minute here on this board, so I'm not sure why you're addressing that part of your reply to me.
Maybe you didn't, but there are many here who have.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:13 PM   #72
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Maybe you didn't, but there are many here who have.
Because he deserved it, due to his policies. The worst President since WWII, he even beat out Jimmy, victim of killer rabbits.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2018, 01:14 PM   #73
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Trump did not run on a platform of Identity Politics. If he's a racist, as you make him out to be, then you must prove that. You're the one making the claim.

And I didn't ask for examples of anything.

And you're confusing me with someone else. I barely weighed in (if at all) on the tariffs issue.

Trump and his supporters fit under the definition of Nationalism.

You need to re-read my post.

I don't think Trumps a racist. I gave you props for at least having a coherent argument for tariffs... if I recall that was about the extent you weighed in on the subject. As PA says I have the memory of an elephant... here you go:

Quote:
There are things in this dark, fallen, confused, chaotic, untrustworthy world for which a smart nation would not want to be depend on other nations. However, neither ties or shirts are one of those things. But steel is. If we should ever get into a war, the U.S. should not have to depend on its supply of metal from overseas. Or for that matter, if any of our key suppliers were to get caught up in a conflict of any sort by one of our enemies, our supply pipeline would likely be sorely compromised. Not an enviable position to be in.
And my response:

Quote:
This is the best logic I've seen and it works for the national security argument.

Still not a great one for a unprovoked tariff but one nonetheless...

Problem is in that scenario we are going to be paying more for steel regardless of where it comes from whether domestically or globally. Under the tariff system we pay more for it now AND later.

Plus... rationing... it was a real thing once.

We can agree to disagree on a wartime economy during peacetime but at least your point is congruent.

Last I checked we don't have orders for 6 Iowa's and 5 Montana's.

We already spend like we're fighting WW3 anyway.
To the original point though... I gave you three distinct examples associated with fascism but not associated with nationalism. At National Rebirth. The creation of the "strong leader" and the cult of leadership... his makes Obama look like small potatoes and his actually distrubed me too. Finally, this weird policy of economic nationalism and autarky... these are what separate fascism from nationalism.

They apply... to varying degrees... to this administration.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:19 PM   #74
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Aren't the Trump "haters" of the opinion that America is the greatest country on the planet?
The discussion is academic its not emotional. Phrases like that really have no place in the discourse. There are similarities if one just wants to open their eyes...

The right in this country is completely unrecognizable to the one that existed 10, 20, 30 years ago.

The left is just as bad... as they fly to their extremes.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:21 PM   #75
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Me! Me!

Biggest dick here.
You know I still like you.

You also know what post snagged you first place, right?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: