Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 07:06 AM   #76
Lono

Amen to that. The next move for this guy is a jockey change, then trainer change. He got beat now he's taking his marbles and going home.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:24 AM   #77
Dark Horse

On a less agitated level:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...akes/10172009/

Nothing wrong with a guy stirring things up a little. It's not as if horse racing's got it all figured out. Change is good for this sport, as long as it is constructive. Maintaining the status quo has not served the sport at all. Just don't tell that to all the old folk who have forgotten they were once young. Sad when a sport turns grey, or bald, when horse racing could be so ... rock'n'roll. As in cool, sharp, and forward thinking.

Last edited by Dark Horse; 06-08-2014 at 07:33 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:34 AM   #78
Capper Al

It's not a super horse if it can't do a super feat by winning an unreasonable and taxing set of races.

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Old 06-08-2014, 07:43 AM   #79
turninforhome10

I agree that Mr Coburn did loose his cool and took away everything that his horse did to bring honor to his connections. His outburst seemed like a spoiled child whose great toy just got scratched for the first time.
But, while he approached the whole thing in a very poor way, does he have a point. Not in that running against fresh horses should be banned, that is not the way this triple crown works. My point is that while the Derby horses were pushed to earn points to make the dance by the new system, the new shooters needed nothing to compete into the Belmont. Does it seem fair under the new system that horses with no points in the preliminary should be able to compete in the end. If you are going to allow any horse to run in the Preakness and Belmont, then get rid of the points system to get into the Derby.
The system has changed and while I disagree with what Mr. Coburn is saying, about"fresh horses", maybe we need to rethink this whole process of pushing the 3yo's to make the cut for the Derby. I see it as creating a whole lot of "casualties" along the way.
California Chrome is in no way a Secretariat or Slew but he has provided us with great joy watching his pursuit.I really like the horse's heart and courage.

I have been high on Tonalist since his maiden win. I bet him hard yesterday and was rewarded well. If the lung infection did not happen maybe we would have been congratulating Mr Evans for a Triple Crown.

It's amazing to me that the hard work of Art Sherman and his staff taking great care of this warrior of horse, and the guts and courage of this animal leaving his game on the track each time, has all been blown up in smoke because of the owners tirade. Humans are ruining this game for these great animals. I feel sorry for the horse, and Mr Sherman having worked so hard, just to have it seemingly taken away by words of owner who cannot control his emotions. I almost feel like the rest of CC's campaign this year and maybe next will be tainted each time we see the owners and the story is brought up.
Kudos to all the people who kept this horse rolling through the ride.
But it is time to move on and see what we can learn and look forward to next year.

Last edited by turninforhome10; 06-08-2014 at 07:44 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:08 AM   #80
luisbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr G
I'm sure once his lovely wife reads him the riot act when they get home tonight he will change his tune tomorrow.
Actually he didn't. He repeated that fresh like a cucumber in Today Show.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:18 AM   #81
depalma113

He just made a bigger ass of himself this morning on ESPN. Sorry, but he needs to go away.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:18 AM   #82
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzipi
NY carded a 1 1/2 dirt race earlier in the card where Espinoza got to feel the 1 1/2 trip. Have there been 1 1/2 races on Belmont days for the SJ, Real Quiet, Browns, etc?

When I used to go to the Belmont Stakes every year back in the 1990s there was always a 12 furlong race on the undercard.

Coburn's rants are good for the sport. Bad publicity is better than no publicity.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:49 AM   #83
HUSKER55

in bowling you get 2 shots to knock the pins down. 10 frames , new pins each frame. In the TC you get 3 chances wins, different horses each race.

Bet he doesn't like bowling either.

he needs to move on.

next.....

No Balls.......No baby!

Have you ever noticed that those who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of always seem to know how to handle the money of those who do.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:14 AM   #84
PeteKoch

I got the feeling that Coburn's partner, Perry Martin, did his best to avoid Coburn's company when the cameras were on.

Really bad form for a guy who might be one of the two or three luckiest people on the planet. OTOH, Tonalist's owner showed class with his 'no comment' on the rant.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:18 AM   #85
hencicleva

This mornings new rant

Sorry if this has been already posted, No contrition and more illogical nonsense.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...-not-apologize
Old 06-08-2014, 09:26 AM   #86
RacingFan1992

Here is an idea: We should revoke the Triple Crown status of all the TC winners who ran against fresh horses in the Preakness and/or Belmont.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:34 AM   #87
magwell

CC has more class then his owner

Last edited by magwell; 06-08-2014 at 09:48 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:37 AM   #88
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
Just an average horse? You made a nice pick, congrats. You made a better call, more congrats. But let's keep it real. The horse has put in a very impressive 9 month campaign, winning more than a few pretty prestigious races.
He is a nice horse. If you read Delta Lover's impression on what he thought I meant by a star, you would understand what I meant by 'he is not a star'. A star angles out off of a perfect pocket trip and cruises right by in the lane of the Belmont. A star is Secretariat, Affirmed, Forego, or maybe for this generation Smarty Jones.

California Chrome is not at that level yet. Am I sick of everyone talking of him like he is one? Not really. Why ? Because I will gladly make money betting against over hyped horses who are not true stars of the game.

Does he have time to become one? Yes. Will he? Who knows.

Finally, is War Emblem a star? No...... CC is in his company right now. Won the KD and PRK & flopped badly in the Belmont.

Last edited by EMD4ME; 06-08-2014 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:40 AM   #89
Lasix67

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwell
Coburn's rants are good for the sport. Bad publicity is better than no publicity.
...?? [/QUOTE]

This is very true. Look what the Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan saga did for figure skating.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:46 AM   #90
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty Cide
Counterpoint? Your an idiot. If you win the Derby your a star and if you win the Preakness that only further confirms it. Don't give me a bunch of crap about the trips and how you think your smart. Your condescending tone is obnoxious you just said California Chrome isn't a star. Where have you been the last 2 months? Because the horse racing world has been talking about this star named California Chrome... Randy Moss said today this was the most electric horse racing atmosphere he has ever experienced at a race track. EVER! Even more so then Smarty Jones, and Smarty sure was a star. Average horse.. lol. this guy takes the cake for the biggest moron iv come across all triple crown season.

back to the minors buddy, i wont be looking for nor care about your reply...

I wish California Chrome a speedy recovery from his slight quarter injury and i shall return to the forum next Triple Crown season... Hopefully we can get California Chrome at the Haskell on my home track. This horse made my spring and no matter what happens will go down as one of my all time favorites.

EMD4ME, your a moron who tries to pretend to be smart but you are a fool talking out your ass like you know something... you dont know shit

peace out til next year, again dont care nor will i be looking for your reply
You're in the right thread Smart Cider .... we are talking about someone who was classless and making excuses.

I can't possibly reply to any of your counterpoints as you made none.

Stay classless and clueless my friend. We need fish money in those thin pools.
Closed Thread