Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 10-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
hencicleva

Horsestreet Skype Group

As an HSH customer I am used to having Skype turned on most of the day to keep up with messages. I now find myself having to ration time on it since the explotion of messages there in the last couple of weeks.

I am deeply envious of new users and there near instantaneous access to answers on this software. I think I floundered a little when I started pre-skype.

I know it has been said before but Dave Schwartz deserves a huge shout out for the amazing level of support that he and also his other customers now offer in his Skype Group. I have put in over 200 hours research work since August and would have much less to show without this virtually unlimited backup.

And before you say it, yes this is another post from someone who is not yet playing big money profitably with HSH but there are people I know who, clearly smarter than I am, are more than a month in to seriously profitable betting since the August seminar.
hencicleva is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #2
Helles

When I met Dave Schwartz about a year and a half ago, we had to talk over Skype since I was overseas. When I got back to the states, we continued to talk over Skype and one day he had the idea to put together a group to discuss HSH since it would clearly be faster than the BBS.

It started with a few users in one group. Since then, it has grown to dozens of people in many groups. There is a handicapping group where people can post their picks for upcoming races and discuss the day's cards. This is open to everybody.

The most popular group is the HSH Users Group. The support from HSH handicappers there is amazing. All one has to do is post a question and it will be answered quickly. The users have become so sophisticated, they are now asking questions that I hadn't even thought of.
Helles is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #3
mjw

I think I got on board with HSH just at the right time, I would be one of those new users that has access and takes huge advantage of the Skype group(s). Like hencicleva, I would have floundered or simply given up if I didn't have access to this resource.

In addition to the Q & A information on the skype group, I also really enjoy the great brainstorming sessions and discussions.

Kudos to Dave and the group for making HSH easier to learn!
mjw is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

Okay , let me begin here with 1st making it known that this is actually a post that is not intended to put down or be my original self when it comes to Dave, and we all know where everyone thinks that was, but let me say this now, thatt is not the case any longer, and I must say a few things here and then meld away again.

1ST DAVE in his continued attempts to make things better thru tireless determination to keep looking and improving his product, has won me over, and he has accepted me back into these groups, which says alot of his great character, and willingness to forgive, not bad qualities to have.

2nd These groups are very informative and fun too, some live play is being doen on one Skype group and the other is HSH questions, as previously stated not gone unawsered for too long, as someone is always lurking to help out, pretty good people too.

Check it out and see for your self , even and old trucker can see and admit his wrongs, okay enough for now, go enjoy these Skpye groups

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
punteray

Dave's Skype

I monitor the "GROUP" on a daily basis. I am in the throes of learning all of the info Dave gave out in his "Secret Webinar". I only jump into the skype group when I have something to contribute, which is NIL right now. The group is fantastic about sharing info on HSH and all of the members are heads and shoulders above my knowledge of Horses, but I am catching up on them. LOL

Dave is the most knowledgeable person I have ever known about Horse Racing and his sharing of that knowledge is FANTASTIC! Kudos to Dave
punteray is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #6
Topcat

The Skype group is pretty amazing in that they are messaging throughout the day which works for me. I'm pretty much in lurk mode now as I play catch up and I'm, doing my own research but it is like having your own support group-only this is a horse racing support group that is active on a daily basis. My uncle who was a retired judge had what he called a coffee klatch back in MN. Snow or cold weather would not keep these retired gentlemen at home. They would meet everyday-sometimes as many as 25 or so and discuss the days events etc. Really helped keep them all going.
This Skype group reminds me of that, there are a bunch of people online, some friendly chatter, but what makes it worthwhile is the focus on horseracing and Dave is there to lend and lead support and answer questions. He will sometimes schedule a brain storming session on approaches or betting systems.
I like the flexibility and that you can read the history of these instant messages.
For example, This morning I was holding NJB basketball try outs and then church and the first thing I did upon my return is I caught up on messages from yesterday and then today. I copied a few links to videos for learning and I'm good. I'll be contributing more when I get out of research mode. I had previously thought of Skype of a way of just making VOIP or Magic Jack phone calls now I see it can be more, much more.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:46 PM   #7
Dave Schwartz

These are some great comments and much appreciated by me. Thank you, guys.

Those of you who were in our main Skype group (the one not affiliated with HSH) will be pleased to know that there is now plenty of action there, with 1499 posts in the past week. The guys are playing there almost daily.

We invite anyone who is interested to join us.

The way it works is that you sign up for Skype (free), and send a contact request to me, DaveSchwReno. I will take care of the rest.

Be aware that it is a "text chat," which means you (and everyone else) posts messages whenever you get the urge and others see those messages when they next log in.

It is kind of like the PA war room, except that you do not miss messages when you are away.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #8
JimG

I must say that I have enjoyed my time thus far as well in the HSH group and the live chat. A very nice group of people there. I am a novice to Skype but the learning curve is not too bad. Dave is very accessible to his customers and is welcoming to even those of us not currently using the latest HSH software to get an idea of where the group is coming from. I do not believe Dave ever sleeps.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2012, 07:19 PM   #9
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

I need to check this out!
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #10
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Where do you read all of the posts from the group?
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #11
jdhanover

in Skype ...it is a chat room
jdhanover is offline   Reply With Quote Reply