Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-13-2017, 12:14 PM   #1
tucker6

A busy week of winning

So our president has been busy fixing what's been broken the last 15-20 years. We have...

1. Scrapped the Clean Power Plan, which would have killed coal and generally hamstrung our economy long term. German electrical costs are three times ours. Let's not join that party.

2. Put sanctuary cities on notice. You don't play ball, we won't support you. Who doesn't support ridding our streets of criminal non citizens? Seems obvious.

3. Love of country has been an adage of distain for too long. We have it lucky in this country. Act like you know it.

4. Scrapping the Iran nuclear "deal." Can someone point out one aspect of this "deal" that makes us safer now than before it was penned? How much money did we give Iran for them to continue to undermine us?

5. Finally, Trump is leeching the life from Obama care. You won't repeal it? Fine, then I'll bleed it to death. He gave Congress the chance to show the way, but unfortunately they decided the dead end to preserve party and ideological lines was preferable over love of country.

For those of you who cannot fathom why we elected Trump, well, these five issues are a good start in your education.

Last edited by tucker6; 10-13-2017 at 12:19 PM.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2017, 12:29 PM   #2
FantasticDan
gelding

Just so I'm clear, this was all intended to be serious and not sarcasm, right?
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2017, 12:51 PM   #3
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
#HAPPY
Old 10-13-2017, 12:53 PM   #4
tucker6

Quote:
No matter what happens in 2020 Dan, you and your ilk will find it difficult to undo what The Donald has done so far, and what he is likely to do in the coming three years. I smell two new SCOTUS nominees in the next two years alone. It's great to have America winning again, and no, that isn't sarcasm.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:57 PM   #5
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
It's great to have America winning again, and no, that isn't sarcasm.
Are you sure? I really think it is.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2017, 01:22 PM   #6
tucker6

Quote:
Are you sure? I really think it is.
#SAD that you don't have a witty cartoon to describe us deplorables.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:32 PM   #7
thaskalos

It's one thing to say that Trump was the "best of two evils"...and it's an entirely different thing to insist that he "just keeps winning", in his pursuit to "make America great again".

To me...Trump has proven to be a necessary embarrassment...which will hopefully wake us up in the future.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:49 PM   #8
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
It's one thing to say that Trump was the "best of two evils"...and it's an entirely different thing to insist that he "just keeps winning", in his pursuit to "make America great again".

To me...Trump has proven to be a necessary embarrassment...which will hopefully wake us up in the future.
We already had that embarrassment Gus. How do you think we got Trump? I'm serious about that. It was no accident. Obama's real lasting legacy is Donald Trump. I cringe at some of the things Trump says and does, but overall, he is doing exactly what I elected him to do, which is turn a shining light back onto this country with all its warts and failed govt.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:02 PM   #9
thaskalos

Quote:
We already had that embarrassment Gus. How do you think we got Trump? I'm serious about that. It was no accident. Obama's real lasting legacy is Donald Trump. I cringe at some of the things Trump says and does, but overall, he is doing exactly what I elected him to do, which is turn a shining light back onto this country with all its warts and failed govt.
But you are downplaying the fact that Trump is also shining a light back on HIMSELF, thus causing his backers -- by your own admission -- to "cringe at some of the things that he says and does". Is that a natural byproduct of "making America great again"? Can't we have someone "shine a light on the government's warts", whose own conduct doesn't make us cringe in the process?

No...I don't agree the Trump was elected because of Obama; I think he was elected because of Hillary. If Obama were allowed to run again...I think he would have beaten Trump handily.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:06 PM   #10
Inner Dirt

Quote:
So our president has been busy fixing what's been broken the last 15-20 years. We have...

3. Love of country has been an adage of distain for too long. We have it lucky in this country. Act like you know it.

For the record I see Trump as the lesser of two evils and I voted for Will Seemore. #3 Is what he has that no other recent president has had and I think that overrides all his warts and short comings. He loves this country and will put the USA first, he won't back down to anyone and doesn't give a crap about being politically correct, that is to be admired.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2017, 02:11 PM   #11
Clocker

Quote:
which will hopefully wake us up in the future.
That certainly conflicts with your previous claims to be a pessimist.

This election was decided by two classes of voters, the first being the ABC group (Anybody But Clinton). The second, to revive an old cliche, was the low information voters who believed Trump could deliver on his promises.

There is no indication yet of how things might be much different in 2020. If Trump runs, which I doubt, the Dem campaign will just be Anybody But Trump. On the other hand, one reason Hillary lost was that she could not turn out the Obama fans who voted for him based solely on personality. The GOP would face the same problem if Trump doesn't run.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:48 PM   #12
tucker6

Quote:
. If Obama were allowed to run again...I think he would have beaten Trump handily.
Sadly true. I am more of a pessimist than you! Many of us tread water for 8 looong years until the 2016 election, and had to elect a soft republican to win. I'm not a diehard republican myself. I voted for Carter (student election, was 16) and Clinton, as well as Reagan and Bush Sr. I believe a president with all his duties should at least be smarter than me, and Bush Jr and Obama don't meet the standard imo. To be sure, Obama is a good talker, but he's not the brightest bulb. He was just well packaged by the marketing dept.

Last edited by tucker6; 10-13-2017 at 02:54 PM.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:54 PM   #13
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
That certainly conflicts with your previous claims to be a pessimist.

This election was decided by two classes of voters, the first being the ABC group (Anybody But Clinton). The second, to revive an old cliche, was the low information voters who believed Trump could deliver on his promises.

There is no indication yet of how things might be much different in 2020. If Trump runs, which I doubt, the Dem campaign will just be Anybody But Trump. On the other hand, one reason Hillary lost was that she could not turn out the Obama fans who voted for him based solely on personality. The GOP would face the same problem if Trump doesn't run.
I once thought that Trump ran simply because it was cheaper to buy the delegates and the power that comes with that than it was to buy the politicians. Many of you may disagree, but as time goes forward, Trump is evening out a little with regard to his craziness, and is actually instituting some policies and themes that will be popular to run upon in 3 years. I'd be careful in discounting him.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:57 PM   #14
Clocker

Quote:
To be sure, Obama is a good talker
Obama's major talent is delivering a well-written speech. Speaking off the cuff is definitely not his strong point.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:03 PM   #15
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
But you are downplaying the fact that Trump is also shining a light back on HIMSELF, thus causing his backers -- by your own admission -- to "cringe at some of the things that he says and does". Is that a natural byproduct of "making America great again"? Can't we have someone "shine a light on the government's warts", whose own conduct doesn't make us cringe in the process?

No...I don't agree the Trump was elected because of Obama; I think he was elected because of Hillary. If Obama were allowed to run again...I think he would have beaten Trump handily.
I've had this thought too. But having the story straight and being morons is equally detestable. I cringe at much of what Trump tweets. But after voting for the last racist in the office for 2 terms it feels good to have an out in the open flaws and all guy! In fact I actually look forward to the reactions to this guy. They are so off the deep end it will be amusing to no end!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply