Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-23-2017, 01:03 AM   #46
ultracapper

Saw the title of this thread and I thought it was about RR.

Sorry mods. Had to take one more shot.

I'm done. No more. I promise.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2017, 07:46 AM   #47
MonmouthParkJoe

Seems like a case of "good enough". Those tattoos tend to bleed together and get harder to read as time goes on. A nondescript race at a lower level track, who cares right?

I have thought this for a long time, in any racing official position you get what you pay for. Most tracks the pay is pretty bad. If you want the position taken seriously and follow best practices, pay the right person for it. They stand to lose alot more from a mistake like this.
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2017, 08:15 PM   #48
BrentT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
He wasn't barred from Remington, at least not on paper.
He absolutely was barred from there. Just re-instated this meet.
I had horses with him, and recall him complaining abouty not being able to run there, which I wanted to say it's your own fault, but bit my tongue.

This paticular trainer has no care in the world for the animals. Never sees most of them. It's all a numbers game to him period. Not a good horseman by any means, but does get the job done at the bottom level with the help from something besides good feed and having thier teeth done.

Last edited by BrentT; 09-23-2017 at 08:17 PM.
BrentT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2017, 08:28 PM   #49
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentT View Post
He absolutely was barred from there. Just re-instated this meet.
I had horses with him, and recall him complaining abouty not being able to run there, which I wanted to say it's your own fault, but bit my tongue.

This paticular trainer has no care in the world for the animals. Never sees most of them. It's all a numbers game to him period. Not a good horseman by any means, but does get the job done at the bottom level with the help from something besides good feed and having thier teeth done.
You could be right, but I'll have to look that up. It must have been 2014. I thought you meant recently. He had a ton of runners in 2013, none in 2014, then a ton in 2015 and 2016 and is on pace for the same this year...for now.

It doesn't make any sense that he would be barred from the grounds but allowed to run hundreds of horses in his own name.

Side note...all the data is still showing the wrong horses at Equibase. Wonder what happens if these horses run back soon.

Last edited by cj; 09-23-2017 at 08:30 PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2017, 10:33 PM   #50
mountainman

Hated that job. Fuzzy tats, wound-up horses. Not a job I would work again.

Last edited by mountainman; 09-23-2017 at 10:36 PM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 10:06 AM   #51
ubercapper

Quote:
You could be right, but I'll have to look that up. It must have been 2014. I thought you meant recently. He had a ton of runners in 2013, none in 2014, then a ton in 2015 and 2016 and is on pace for the same this year...for now.

It doesn't make any sense that he would be barred from the grounds but allowed to run hundreds of horses in his own name.

Side note...all the data is still showing the wrong horses at Equibase. Wonder what happens if these horses run back soon.
As soon as an official ruling from the stewards, commission (or whatever other body issues such rulings) is received the chart will be updated.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2017, 03:30 PM   #52
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Amazingly, this still hasn't been addressed. One race was almost a month ago, the other two weeks ago. If you check charts or PPs they are still showing the wrong horses.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:01 AM   #53
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The racing industry is rife with incompetence.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2017, 10:55 AM   #54
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes...? Or who watches the watchers..? Hence the function of a free press...until of course when all the free press is owned and run by the watchers themselves, which is what we have today...and the independent press, in this case, cj, brings it to our attention, but cj is not mainstream, and the public, fashioned to imbibe only from their regular nurses, shuns the rich milk...

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 10-05-2017 at 11:01 AM.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2017, 12:59 PM   #55
Fager Fan
Veteran

I wouldn't expect the chart to change until it's officially changed by the stewards or ruling body.

I'm just confused whether anyone at the track is doing anything. Maybe I missed it, but has the trainer been charged yet with running a ringer (accidentally or not)? I haven't seen anything other than the first article at PR that started this thread. I could've missed it, but don't think anyone's posted here links to more news on this.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2017, 02:51 PM   #56
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
I wouldn't expect the chart to change until it's officially changed by the stewards or ruling body.

I'm just confused whether anyone at the track is doing anything. Maybe I missed it, but has the trainer been charged yet with running a ringer (accidentally or not)? I haven't seen anything other than the first article at PR that started this thread. I could've missed it, but don't think anyone's posted here links to more news on this.
I agree about the chart. Neither horse has been entered back yet. I tend to think maybe they aren't allowed right now. It would be very problematic if they were allowed to run before something is done, particularly in regard to past performances and eligibility conditions.

It really is mind boggling how there is nothing being reported on this. I even asked Paulick on Twitter for an update but haven't gotten a response.

Last edited by cj; 10-05-2017 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:05 PM   #57
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
I agree about the chart. Neither horse has been entered back yet. I tend to think maybe they aren't allowed right now. It would be very problematic if they were allowed to run before something is done, particularly in regard to past performances and eligibility conditions.

It really is mind boggling how there is nothing being reported on this. I even asked Paulick on Twitter for an update but haven't gotten a response.
I googled and the last I can find is a daily racing form article from September 20, saying it is being investigated. So I guess it's only been a couple weeks which isn't too long.

I totally forgot this is the same man whose wife fell overboard on a carnival cruise line and was lost at sea.

I guess he'd at least have an interesting biography.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2017, 12:23 AM   #58
BrentT

Best thing to do if you want a response is call remington, ask for the stewards, then ask them. If enough calls come thru they will get it to speeding up, they dont want to answer the publics voice everyday numerous times.
BrentT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2017, 04:57 PM   #59
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Made some calls today. Commission had a hearing scheduled but it was postponed. Should be soon.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:41 PM   #60
fouroneone

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/r...tion-oklahoma/

7 days suspension without pay
fouroneone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: