Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-06-2017, 11:06 AM   #1
MooseDog

Breeders Cup Tickets

Anyone buy extra seats for the 2017 Breeders Cup at Del Mar during either of the pre-sales and willing to sell at cost or a reasonable premium? Not looking for high end, just a seat in the grandstand or a box (I know you had to buy the whole box or table at the pre-sale).

I have seats for Friday and General Admission for Saturday (already sold out, I'm writing this at around 8am on Mon 3/6, tickets to the "public" go on sale in an hour and literally all tickets available for Saturday sold out except for outside the track ($250 for the weekend and you watch on TV )

Looking mostly for Saturday only but I'll take both days if that's what you have. I'll trade my General Admission plus cash for a pair of seats or straight cash.
MooseDog is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2017, 12:40 PM   #2
BIG49010

I tried also,not sure they sold any to tickets! Just like Keeneland too small of a venue, hold all tickets for insiders.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:18 PM   #3
dilanesp

I didn't buy any extras but had no problem getting good seats. Definitely more expensive than Santa Anita though. The BC will make a lot of money.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2017, 05:39 AM   #4
tanner12oz

The website operated alot better then it did for keeneland. I was in and out in about 5 mins this time while keeneland took about in hour in the queue. Seemed to be various pre sales and by the time the general started nothing was left. Presale codes were pretty readily available though
tanner12oz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2017, 10:00 AM   #5
MonmouthParkJoe

I dont have plans to attend this year, but most people I do know had problems getting tickets. Seems pretty crazy hosting this event here with a capped attendance of 37,500 per day.
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2017, 10:46 AM   #6
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonmouthParkJoe View Post
I dont have plans to attend this year, but most people I do know had problems getting tickets. Seems pretty crazy hosting this event here with a capped attendance of 37,500 per day.

It was always dumb to go to Del Mar. The track was turned down repeatedly. Santa Anita is the correct SoCal venue.

There are also weather issues. It gets cold near the coast.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:55 AM   #7
elhelmete

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
There are also weather issues. It gets cold near the coast.
Anyone buying tickets should be mindful of the sun/shade situation.

Many seats and boxes in the GS and CH will be in the shade, and could be cold.

Yes, I'm aware that 'cold' means different things to people outside of SoCal!

I've been to DMR in November for about 12 race days now and the coldest one was when we had Terrace Dining tables fr a small group. Windy and COLD. We settled up after the 3rd race and moved to the Veranda where it was sunny and warm.
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2017, 03:55 PM   #8
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Anyone buying tickets should be mindful of the sun/shade situation.

Many seats and boxes in the GS and CH will be in the shade, and could be cold.

Yes, I'm aware that 'cold' means different things to people outside of SoCal!

I've been to DMR in November for about 12 race days now and the coldest one was when we had Terrace Dining tables fr a small group. Windy and COLD. We settled up after the 3rd race and moved to the Veranda where it was sunny and warm.
I was down there when California Chrome ran in the Hollywood Derby a couple of years ago in late November. I was up in the grandstand on the 4th floor and it was FREEZING. There were people on the apron who came prepared with down parkas.

Again, you are right that it isn't gonna get as cold as Aqueduct or Belmont got for some BC's (ahem, 1985, 1995, and 2001, ahem), or as cold as the BC at Woodbine was. But it's not comfortable, and Del Mar is a track that sells comfort. If we get typical weather, it's not going to be the big party with the girls in the sundresses like it is during July and August.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:42 AM   #9
Southbaygent
TomT

I might have a Turf Club table of four and parking I need to sell for Saturday only 11/4. Not sure best venue for that. Stubhub? eBay? Both have listings that are pretty pricey...
Southbaygent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-17-2017, 01:34 PM   #10
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southbaygent View Post
I might have a Turf Club table of four and parking I need to sell for Saturday only 11/4. Not sure best venue for that. Stubhub? eBay? Both have listings that are pretty pricey...
Stubhub.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:02 PM   #11
Southbaygent
TomT

Thx
Old 10-17-2017, 07:24 PM   #12
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southbaygent View Post
Thx
I'd offer them here too, don't have to pay those awful fees. Don't think PA has any problem with that.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2017, 01:37 AM   #13
Rex Phinney

Yea post up your price and you might get people looking to buy in pairs
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2017, 05:11 PM   #14
jms62
Veteran

If you have the ability to wait I am willing to bet you get below cost seats on Stub Hub late in the week of the Breeders cup.
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2017, 05:21 PM   #15
Southbaygent
TomT

You’re probably right, but I doubt many Turf club tables of four, about 20yards past the finish line with preferred parking included will be available. Granted, it’s not a cheap seats, but there are interested parties.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: