Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-18-2017, 06:10 PM   #46
showonly

[QUOTE=Southbaygent;2232517]The email didn’t specify any parameters, just that I’m inelgible no for advertised promotions. They did not cancel my account, or refund my balance.

Admittedly, I’m a “low play” member and I have done well with the “cashback” promotion.[/QUOT

Very honest. enjoy that promotional cash
showonly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2017, 06:34 PM   #47
Poindexter

Now I am truly conflicted, was looking for more info on some of the stuff they offer and came across this

https://promos.tvg.com/VIP/

Okay, what am I missing, free $2000 if you bet $10,000 first month. I am sure there is a disclaimer somewhere. Is this still going on? Hey if they want to give me a free $2000, for betting $10,000 first month, that works for me. F*** ethics, that is a free $2000. Do they put a lien on my house if I stop betting after that? Hey if they give me a free $2000 what do I care if they treat the insignificant bettors like crap.

On a serious note, I only know what has been posted here. The only thing I know about TVG is that they show the races on my tv, Todd Schrupp is constantly talking about this promotion and that promotion, and 99% of it goes in the left ear and out the right ear. I have never used them and never had a negative thing to say about them until this thread. Betfair I have read many negative things about over many years and for all I know it is all bs. Like anything else on internet posting forums, you have to make some kind of educated guess as to the validity of certain statements. I can't articulate what they are because much of it was read and forgotten many years ago.

In the grand scheme of things making players that they consider low benefit customers ineligible for promotions is pretty small potatoes. But there is a correct way of doing things and an incorrect way of doing things. I believe they chose the incorrect way. Earth shattering hardly, but it is what it is.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2017, 08:08 PM   #48
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I can't understand why all these "residential distinctions" exist in the horse-betting world. Reading the BetPTC website...the outlawed states outnumber the accepted ones...and there are no rebates allowed in the state where I live. Aren't we living in the "United States"?
United in name only - and for Federal taxes.

In theory, the states need to regulate horse racing, since it's not spelled out in the Constitution. However, gambling in general, at least online, comes under Federal laws like the Wire Act. I predict this becomes more of an issue as both the states and the Feds (and of course the Mob) try to maintain their respective revenue streams.

Quite a conundrum for a horseplayer who wants limited government.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2017, 11:28 AM   #49
chalkie

xpressbet promotions

actually, once in a while they do-I believe they gave a bonus per deposit before last year's BC and a couple times have done the get your money back thing-they also have some interesting contests without any fee (just have to bet real $ but get back all you hit on) during the derby trail........

twinspires is also easy to deal with-sometimes I get them mixed up but I think telephone betting calls are free w T.S. Xpressbet has a weird thing w NYBets-basically the same site under two different names and promotions-for example, you have to be w xpressbet to play in the derby trail contests, but have to be w NYBets to get free pp's from DRF when you wager at least $25 on the track you want-but they let you switch back and forth as often as you wish and it is a fast switch......
chalkie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2017, 08:20 AM   #50
MonmouthParkJoe

Why dont they just limit who can opt in versus sending out an email like that?
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2017, 02:23 PM   #51
Southbaygent
TomT

Well, somebody at TVG listened...I just received the following email (FYI I wagered far more times than just the Money Back Special):

>>On Monday you received a mail from us regarding promo limitations for your account.

Over the last year, TVG has introduced two popular, bettor-friendly promotions, our Money Back Special and the Super Eight. These innovative promotions are enjoyed by the vast majority of our customers including you.

Unfortunately, there was a small percentage of account-holders who wagered exclusively on our Money Back Special promotion and whose accounts were not otherwise active. We are happy to offer frequent, generous incentives and promotions to our customers. However, when a small segment of account holders participates only on special promotions, that limits our ability to offer those incentives and rewards to our most loyal and regular customers.

In a recent effort to restrict access to certain promotions to our best customers, we overreached. Today we are reinstating access to those promotions to you. We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience.

We work to provide the best customer experience that we can and intend to continue to offer new and exciting promotional programs. In the near future, we will communicate new rules on eligibility for certain promotions to ensure that all of our customers are aware of and understand those policies in advance.

If you have any issue in optin into promotions this weekend please contact our Customer Relations Department at 1-888-PLAY-TVG (752-9884)<<

Last edited by Southbaygent; 10-21-2017 at 02:25 PM.
Southbaygent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-22-2017, 03:12 PM   #52
upthecreek

4NJBets

Over this weekend NJX had 2 promotions I was eligible for
Friday they gave me 4 free $5 bets on RP and Sat/Sun if you didn't make at least $25 profit, they'll refund your $ And believe me, most of you guys put more thru the window in a day than I do on a month
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-22-2017, 04:51 PM   #53
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southbaygent View Post
Well, somebody at TVG listened...I just received the following email (FYI I wagered far more times than just the Money Back Special):

>>On Monday you received a mail from us regarding promo limitations for your account.

Over the last year, TVG has introduced two popular, bettor-friendly promotions, our Money Back Special and the Super Eight. These innovative promotions are enjoyed by the vast majority of our customers including you.

Unfortunately, there was a small percentage of account-holders who wagered exclusively on our Money Back Special promotion and whose accounts were not otherwise active. We are happy to offer frequent, generous incentives and promotions to our customers. However, when a small segment of account holders participates only on special promotions, that limits our ability to offer those incentives and rewards to our most loyal and regular customers.

In a recent effort to restrict access to certain promotions to our best customers, we overreached. Today we are reinstating access to those promotions to you. We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience.

We work to provide the best customer experience that we can and intend to continue to offer new and exciting promotional programs. In the near future, we will communicate new rules on eligibility for certain promotions to ensure that all of our customers are aware of and understand those policies in advance.

If you have any issue in optin into promotions this weekend please contact our Customer Relations Department at 1-888-PLAY-TVG (752-9884)<<
That's a win.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-22-2017, 08:06 PM   #54
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Well, somebody at TVG listened...<<
I'm really happy to hear TVG rectified your situation.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:03 AM   #55
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonmouthParkJoe View Post
Why dont they just limit who can opt in versus sending out an email like that?
It sounded like they did both but sent an unnecessarily blunt email to people informing them. They were trying to get the people who only play the bonus days and nothing else to play more, but offended people with their wording.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-23-2017, 01:16 PM   #56
Poindexter

Quote:

Good job TVG. Well written and explained. If I were a customer I would accept the explanation and continue on with your service. See that wasn't so hard, just tell the truth. Most people understand(edited-originally put are which is unfortunately inacccurate) rational and fair. The ones that aren't so what. You can't please all fo the people all of the time.

Last edited by Poindexter; 10-23-2017 at 01:24 PM.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply