Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 03-14-2024, 10:30 PM   #16
denniswilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
I wasn't trying to come off as creepy. Was just saying that it's cool to see young people in the game, especially at a young age. Wasn't actually going to "contact" her ok.

And what fan club? I didn't realize I had one?

Trust me I have a life. I'm at college my friend trying to advance my studies into Broadcasting

Yeah. Two possibilities:

1) you request her contact info from the HNC: they refuse; or they check with her and she refuses or accepts.

2) you find her online and reach out: she accepts or refuses.

I always thought the reason for being online is to BE IN CONTACT WITH OTHER PEOPLE - ESPECIALLY THOSE SHARING YOUR INTERESTS.

Your instincts are correct.

Ignore the nonsense.
denniswilliams is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2024, 04:05 AM   #17
DanBoals

Quote:
Originally Posted by denniswilliams View Post
Yeah. Two possibilities:

1) you request her contact info from the HNC: they refuse; or they check with her and she refuses or accepts.

I always thought the reason for being online is to BE IN CONTACT WITH OTHER PEOPLE - ESPECIALLY THOSE SHARING YOUR INTERESTS.

Ignore the nonsense.

Instead of requesting her info, why not send NHC your info with a brief note on what you want to discuss with her and ask them to pass it on and then if she is interested she has the option to contact or not...
DanBoals is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2024, 07:13 AM   #18
Saratoga

Boy , did this kid make an ass of himself !!!
Saratoga is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2024, 07:26 AM   #19
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andicap View Post
How did these people qualify? Through satellite tournaments?
First and foremost, you have to be a member of NTRA (National Thoroughbred Racing Association). It is an annual membership of $50/yr.

https://www.ntra.com/

They host numerous on-line contests throughout the year via Horseplayers.com which is their main qualifying site which have contests for direct entries.

Horseplayers is also associated with Horsetourneys.com. An on-line contest wagering site that has contests on tracks every single day of the year ranging in just about any $ amount you would want to play. They have a number of types such as Pick & Pray (make all selections before any race starts) or play as you go which is what they call a Live tournament. They will also have small $ qualifiers (like $17) into the Horsetourneys NHC contests. They even have head-to-head contests that you can play against someone hundreds of miles away.

For instance, tomorrow there is a $179 qualifier for the BCBC (Breeders Cup Betting Challenge). 1 for every 65 entries earns a seat, and there will be hundreds in the contest. Obviously you have to make some solid selections to earn a seat.

Then on Sunday, there is a $500 qualifier for the same tournament. Obviously this kind of money whittles the field down, and it becomes 'easier', but it also offers fewer qualifying seats. This type of qualifier is 1 seat per every 23 entries.

I believe they still have some live on site qualifiers as well throughout the year. They used to a have a ton more years ago, but I believe they are fairly limited now, if they even still exist?

Last edited by PalaceOfFortLarned; 03-15-2024 at 07:29 AM.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2024, 07:58 AM   #20
CheckMark

Quote:
Yeah. Two possibilities:

Ignore the nonsense.
Ok, I will try that. Thank you, Dennis! The whole point of my post wasn't to be creepy or be a perv or whatever. I am just saying that working with a like-minded individual (like myself) who is my age and possibly working together to get more younger people into the industry, I think it will work.

Others think I was trying to get her number to ask her out or stalk her. I'm sorry, but that's not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoals View Post
Instead of requesting her info, why not send NHC your info with a brief note on what you want to discuss with her and ask them to pass it on and then if she is interested she has the option to contact or not...
Ok, I will try that also, Dan! Thank you!
Old 03-15-2024, 08:00 AM   #21
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga View Post
Boy , did this kid make an ass of himself !!!
You can't get enough of me, can you?

I made a "bad" comment, I'll admit to that, and then I corrected it to affirm that I wasn't being creepy about it.

Sounds fair don't you think?
Old 03-15-2024, 11:08 AM   #22
denniswilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoals View Post

ANAL RETENTIVE is alive and well in the new century.
denniswilliams is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2024, 12:58 PM   #23
Saratoga

Quote:

I made a "bad" comment, I'll admit to that, and then I corrected it to affirm that I wasn't being creepy about it.

You have to remember here on the internet , everything you say....

Is going to be scrutinized
Saratoga is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2024, 03:38 PM   #24
Poindexter

Quote:

Fwiw I did not see anything bad about your comment. I saw a young man passionate about the sport was excited that someone as young was in the Nhc.
Of course I am not detective Castaway Columbo.

Have no idea what Saratoga is rambling about. Obviously he is not too happy that you are selling picks.

Bottom line, you be the best person you can be and don’t waste your energy with negative posters or people They can only bring you down. You cannot please everyone, so do not waste your energy trying.

Last edited by Poindexter; 03-15-2024 at 03:51 PM.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2024, 04:06 PM   #25
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
Fwiw I did not see anything bad about your comment. I saw a young man passionate about the sport was excited that someone as young was in the Nhc.
Of course I am not detective Castaway Columbo.

Have no idea what Saratoga is rambling about. Obviously he is not too happy that you are selling picks.

Bottom line, you be the best person you can be and don’t waste your energy with negative posters or people They can only bring you down. You cannot please everyone, so do not waste your energy trying.
Is there a reason you keep calling me out in your comments but don't have the balls to ever address me directly? Actually have a set if you're going to call me out you stupid parrot.

It didn't take "detective work" or whatever cuck thing you were mentioning for me to make my reply. If you want to take Conley's balls out of your mouth for a second and listen, he was talking about stalking a young woman because he saw her online. That's not cool or right in 2024, or 1994, or whatever year you live in. If you had a daughter or had left the house in the past decade you'd know that.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2024, 04:13 PM   #26
castaway01

Quote:
Yeah. Two possibilities:

Ignore the nonsense.
Yeah, it's nonsense to stalk a random person you don't know because you saw her name online. It's 2024, not 1994. Announcing you're going to stalk someone online isn't wise. It has nothing to do with anal retentive. If you had a daughter you'd get it.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2024, 04:17 PM   #27
DanBoals

Quote:
ANAL RETENTIVE is alive and well in the new century.

Are mommy and daddy proud of your big boy poo poo?

You go Dennis.
DanBoals is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2024, 04:29 PM   #28
PalaceOfFortLarned

Likely time to let some cooler heads prevail here.

And we wonder why horse racing can't draw younger people to the racetrack and wager on horses when this is the reception they receive from the old guard?

Good grief fellas. CheckMark is an excited young man to the game willing and ready to learn and posting passionately. 60 years the younger of some on here.

Keep on keeping on CheckMark. Most of us enjoy the passion and new blood into the game.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2024, 04:34 PM   #29
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The most hilarious thing about this thread is that post #2 got completely ignored for some reason
Old 03-15-2024, 04:35 PM   #30
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
Is there a reason you keep calling me out in your comments but don't have the balls to ever address me directly? Actually have a set if you're going to call me out you stupid parrot.

It didn't take "detective work" or whatever cuck thing you were mentioning for me to make my reply. If you want to take Conley's balls out of your mouth for a second and listen, he was talking about stalking a young woman because he saw her online. That's not cool or right in 2024, or 1994, or whatever year you live in. If you had a daughter or had left the house in the past decade you'd know that.
I chose not to get involved because that is typically what I do in most situations. I didn’t agree with your post when you made it, but I assumed anybody with a brain would see the idiocy of it. Seriously. One of a dozen posters in this forum that actually uses his real name is going to stalk a young woman because she is in the nhc. Ok. You have taken his post completely out of context imo. Contacting someone in the nhc that has a similar interest, is not exactly stalking. Especially when the motive is to promote the sport to young people.

By the way I just googled linkedin. 1 billion users. How many stalkers are among those 1 billion users?
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply