Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-07-2023, 04:45 PM   #301
Sheffwed

Truth in Advertising

Maybe instead of “Belmont at the Big A” the current meet should be called

“Aqueduct in January in October”

Would be a bit more accurate

Am watching Keeneland, it is literally a mob scene

Was the Champagne really today?

What do you have against steeplechase racing anyway?

Gives horses another purpose, somehow that’s a problem?
Sheffwed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2023, 04:51 PM   #302
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheffwed View Post
running formerly important stakes races in the hard rain and slop at the soon to be defunct Big A is somehow oddly fitting for NYRA

Keeneland is much more interesting today, as is Gulfstream's mandatory P6 today, let alone Woodbine and the Keeneland-SA P6 - did NYRA have no plans for a day which historically was a big day (Champagne, Turf Classic, etc.)?

no the rain isn't NYRA's fault but the idea that NY racing is supreme is now mere hubris at best
There was no carryover at Gulfstream. It was paid out yesterday. They announced the pool would be seeded with 50k for bettors, but then recanted and said it was a guarantee, not a seed.

Imagine if that happened at NYRA! You'd probably even know about it.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2023, 06:04 PM   #303
ScottJ

Quote:

Because running graded events in New York ... in the rain ... in October ... is not January. Assertions otherwise would be incorrect.

Quote:
Same with me - some great racing this Saturday including Up to the Mark getting up over Master of the Seas. That does not mean today's BAQ races were not exciting.

Quote:
Yes. Was this a question?

Quote:
Nothing other than the fact that you are simply too foolish to realize without NYRA that the jumpers have zero - less than zero - visibility in this sport. Would love to know your ROI on your syndicate. Oh heck, why bother?

Quote:
Cool - agreed. So, appreciate the organizaton (NYRA) that gives you that chance, you human piece of ... well, you can finish the clause.
ScottJ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2023, 06:09 PM   #304
the little guy

Quote:

the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2023, 01:59 PM   #305
SBD400

Why did hold the MTOs this morning because of rain, then scratch the MTOs for today's 4th race? The race then gets taken off the turf and the MTOs can't run. I assume there must be a logical explanation but it makes no sense to me.
SBD400 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2023, 08:55 PM   #306
azeri98

Gotta love those match races in off the turf races by NYRA
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2023, 03:05 PM   #307
Sheffwed

Fri Oct 27

well, at least it seems to be only weekly fiascos now...

horse breaks through the gate and is a DQ, okay

(by the way, great coverage of Far Hills last week and Talking Horses has been very good as have the Fox broadcasts - definitely not all fiascos from NYRA to be sure, some really good work lately, Acacia and Sara shining in particular, and Andy has had a very good year also, fair is fair,)

but where is the marketing for NY racing?

I hope that's coming by the time the new Belmont opens in 2035
Sheffwed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2023, 03:15 PM   #308
elhelmete

Quote:

(by the way, great coverage of Far Hills last week and Talking Horses has been very good as have the Fox broadcasts - definitely not all fiascos from NYRA to be sure, some really good work lately, Acacia and Sara shining in particular, and Andy has had a very good year also, fair is fair,)

Weak AF post.
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2023, 04:41 PM   #309
ScottJ

Quote:

In the early Pick-4, I was alive to both Pretti Xtreme (#6, $730) and Bustin Bay (#8, $445) on a narrow $8 ticket - crazy lucky to get to the final leg with Fluid Situation winning.

When the gates opened (and, of course, one opened early), I was (almost) immediately doing a search as to whether Bustin Bay would be a scratch or a DQ. Even if Bustin Bay was a "scratch", my ticket would have moved to Toned In (#7) who was second the final result.

Honestly, I felt like I lost today's fifth race multiple times.

Now, that's my story. Back to your post. Learn the rules. Read the rules. If I can "eat it" for a Pick-4 ticket and smile, you can take your foot off the marketing throttle.
ScottJ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2023, 05:33 PM   #310
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post
In the early Pick-4, I was alive to both Pretti Xtreme (#6, $730) and Bustin Bay (#8, $445) on a narrow $8 ticket - crazy lucky to get to the final leg with Fluid Situation winning.

When the gates opened (and, of course, one opened early), I was (almost) immediately doing a search as to whether Bustin Bay would be a scratch or a DQ. Even if Bustin Bay was a "scratch", my ticket would have moved to Toned In (#7) who was second the final result.

Honestly, I felt like I lost today's fifth race multiple times.

Now, that's my story. Back to your post. Learn the rules. Read the rules. If I can "eat it" for a Pick-4 ticket and smile, you can take your foot off the marketing throttle.
Learn the rules, but...

So maybe the NY stewards need to learn the rules?

Last edited by cj; 10-27-2023 at 05:34 PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2023, 06:26 PM   #311
classhandicapper

Tequila Sunday was one of my horses. She had such limited ability it wasn’t fun losing that win and purse.
Old 03-22-2024, 08:57 AM   #312
SBD400

Anyone else notice that NYRA only streams their races on Youtube when America's Day at the Races is on? Up until a couple of weeks ago, if ADATR didn't start with 1st race, the live feed would be on and then switch over to ADATR when they came on the air. Yesterday none of the races were on Youtube as ADATR was not on at all.

I do realize I can watch these races on my computer on my ADW, but watching races on Youtube allowed me to watch the races on a nice big 4k TV.

I contacted chat on NYRA, they were clueless, used the contact form on NYRA web site, no response, replied to a Tweet on their X account, nothing and emailed Pat McKenna directly, no response. Awful customer service.
Old 03-22-2024, 09:43 AM   #313
bisket

If you stream without a service like Apple as go between, you can get on the internet with your tv. On my Samsung I can get on my ADW, and get a full screen picture of the video from my ADW link on my tv. It’s a little cumbersome because you have to use the keyboard on the screen to navigate the ADW site. The problem is on my ADW site I have to close out the video after every race and open it again for the next race. I haven’t tried it, but I’m sure there’s a way to attach your keyboard to the tv.
bisket is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2024, 10:32 PM   #314
$w1fT
SaratogaFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBD400 View Post
Anyone else notice that NYRA only streams their races on Youtube when America's Day at the Races is on? Up until a couple of weeks ago, if ADATR didn't start with 1st race, the live feed would be on and then switch over to ADATR when they came on the air. Yesterday none of the races were on Youtube as ADATR was not on at all.

I do realize I can watch these races on my computer on my ADW, but watching races on Youtube allowed me to watch the races on a nice big 4k TV.

I contacted chat on NYRA, they were clueless, used the contact form on NYRA web site, no response, replied to a Tweet on their X account, nothing and emailed Pat McKenna directly, no response. Awful customer service.
ADATR is always streamed on YouTube regardless if it’s on fox. What’s the difference?
$w1fT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2024, 06:51 AM   #315
SBD400

Quote:
Originally Posted by $w1fT View Post
ADATR is always streamed on YouTube regardless if it’s on fox. What’s the difference?
There are days where ADATR is not on Fox, when that is the case it is not on Youtube and NYRA shows no races on Youtube. Also, even when ADATR is on it doesn’t always cover the whole card, so the earlier races are not on Youtube at all.

Up until about 3 weeks ago regardless of whether ADATR was on, the live feed from the track was on YouTube. This is no longer the case. And of course NYRA customer service is awful on this, tried 4 different ways to contact them and no response.