Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-11-2023, 08:55 PM   #76
Cutter14

Good people land on their feet-Sh-t happens for a reason-I'm sure you will be better off--by the way you told me if I go to Oaklawn( about a month ago ) to give you a holler--not happening--I was betting Oaklawn for the most part but now I won't bet on that track--If you land another race calling gig that place will be much better off for doing so---Good luck--miss your race calls
Cutter14 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2023, 12:34 AM   #77
dilanesp

They did you wrong, Vic. Hopefully another track picks you up.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2023, 04:59 AM   #78
v j stauffer

Extremely humbled by all your encouraging responses.

PA is a tough room, but IMO always fair.

Thanks for having my back.
Old 03-12-2023, 09:17 AM   #79
Hambletonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I'm not defending anyone...I'm criticizing your giant leaps in logic...as if the two situations are even REMOTELY similar
Well I have to disagree a little here.

Vic was an employee, trainers are not, ok that is true.

However, if Vic was fired for bringing disrepute to Oaklawn with his tweet, how is that more significant than the disrepute a dishonorable trainer could bring to the operation? I have no knowledge of the trainer in question...but I know if I was running a gambling operation I would be much more concerned with the integrity of my product than in the personal foibles of my employees.

That said, I have learned a ton from folks like Vic, Mountainman and Peter Berry, amongst others and am verey happy you have provided a forum for regular folks to interact with these insiders. And many thanks to all the insiders who share their thoughts even though they know they may end up getting a load of crud from some folks on here.
Hambletonian is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2023, 10:49 AM   #80
Inner Dirt

I always thought Arkansas was from another place and time that wasn't good. I seemed to land there on my cross country trips while moving. Probably been through a half dozen times, stopped for sit down meals a dozen times, half dozen hotel stays. First time in my life I ever landed in a dry county and I was done for the day after driving 1100 miles, I wanted a six pack and a room to watch SNF. I also noticed it seemed very segregated, mind you I never ventured very far off I-40.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2023, 11:55 AM   #81
myohmyjustify

I truly enjoyed your announcing throughout your career, Vic.

Good luck in your next chapter.

I would like to ask were you also a jock's agent during your time in Hot Springs?

The reason I ask is I personally found it difficult to grasp that you were fired over the tweet we are told was the reason for your troubles.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2023, 12:18 PM   #82
Someday Silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
The good that comes out of this is all the love thrown Vics way. I'm sure there are the few who gloat, but the overwhelming majority are for you, Vic.

Also, your generosity with time and money aren't unnoticed. Greener pastures are coming. You are the man!!!
I'll add my support too.

Living well is the best revenge.
Someday Silent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2023, 02:41 PM   #83
lefty359

In these days of the cancel culture, the whole damn world has gone nuts.
Vic's a good race caller. He will be missed. I hope he pops up somewhere else.
lefty359 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2023, 03:00 PM   #84
cnollfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I always thought Arkansas was from another place and time that wasn't good. I seemed to land there on my cross country trips while moving. Probably been through a half dozen times, stopped for sit down meals a dozen times, half dozen hotel stays. First time in my life I ever landed in a dry county and I was done for the day after driving 1100 miles, I wanted a six pack and a room to watch SNF. I also noticed it seemed very segregated, mind you I never ventured very far off I-40.
Meanwhile there are several "gentelmen's clubs" in Hot Springs.
cnollfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2023, 12:07 AM   #85
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustin Stones View Post
Take heart, Vic.
My dad was his own boss, but I've only experienced working for others.
I can say that, having been experienced as a company cast off, that your boss does not determine your destiny. Your tool set and ability to market that tool set to a prospective boss, determines your destiny. And that, my friend, did not change with Oaklawn's decision. A high percent of cast offs end up with even better gigs and better fits in new positions. Patience and persistence is all you need.
Well put
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2023, 12:11 AM   #86
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnollfan View Post
My wife and I spent spring break 2021 in hot springs. Seemed Uber woke to me. Everyone wore a mask, the vibe was very different from my trips of years before.

Didn't get anywhere near OP, just around town.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2023, 06:57 PM   #87
dilanesp

Quote:
Don't tell Ja Morant.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2023, 07:24 PM   #88
Boomer

Quote:

But whacking off will get you the boot!
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2023, 12:19 AM   #89
Someday Silent

Quote:
That makes me think about Fort Riley and Junction Coty, KS -- 150 miles of prairie highway lined with billboards proclaiming damnation, salvation, and then THE LION'S DEN full of almost naked dancers.
Someday Silent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2023, 07:54 AM   #90
lamboguy

by giving this guy the is saying how little the game cares about the bettors and customers because Vic is one of us, a human that makes stupid mistakes once in a while.

i don't know what Vic said, tweeted or did, but for the life of me, he doesn't have to get canned for it.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply