Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 01-24-2022, 09:11 PM   #31
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
Being a Bills fan is a tough go. I drive 4.5 hours on Saturday from Saratoga to get out there. Now that I’m older it’s only twice a year . My friend has been a season ticket 🎟 holder since 1990 . We divi up tickets and he sells the rest in the exchange. I have lived and died for this team over a 30 plus year span. The fans are incredibly loyal and it’s the atmosphere that sucked me in . But we are the Charlie Browns of football 🏈 even when the team is great the ball gets pulled away at the last second. This wasn’t as bad as the infamous Tennessee debacle but CJ posted an accurate depiction of how it went wrong. They were so caught up in being careful and celebrating the win…….. yet another one gets away. Of course, God willing, my ass will be out there next year, rooting for my beloved Buffalo 🦬 Bills. The small market, blue collar team , that wish it could. Seriously, I hope I see one championship before I’m gone.
At least your coaches screwed up in the playoffs. Ours didn’t get close to there.
Old 01-27-2022, 06:58 PM   #32
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Kansas City Chiefs fans donate over $300,000 to Buffalo children's hospital following playoff win over Bills. Oishei Children's Hospital in Buffalo began receiving donations in increments of $13 from Chiefs fans to mark the 13 seconds it took for the Chiefs offense to tie Sunday's game against the Bills.6 hours ago
Apparently, showing respect for the Bills spirit and Josh Allen's efforts, KC fans took rhe high road and transcended a football game. God Bless them all....this was the greatest game ever played!
Old 01-27-2022, 07:39 PM   #33
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Apparently, showing respect for the Bills spirit and Josh Allen's efforts, KC fans took rhe high road and transcended a football game. God Bless them all....this was the greatest game ever played!
That is awesome for what the Chiefs did! Way to go!

Low price of +115 for them I will take now before it dips to the - side
Old 01-28-2022, 02:55 PM   #34
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
The Bills coaching staff completely botched the end game. I have no idea how professional coaches could come up with such horrible strategy. There is no way a team should be able to score with 13 seconds left when you are about to kick off.

1) Don't kick it in the end zone
2) Don't rush anyone, or max one that acts as a spy
3) Just tackle the receivers off the line of scrimmage (5 yards, big deal)
4) Stop guarding the sidelines, they had timeouts left

Probably a lot more, but those were the obvious ones.
Allow me to play Devils Advocate.
1. If you Squibb kick along the ground, doesn’t that give the receiving team the opportunity to fall on the ball before the 25 yard line? Meaning they are even closer to a field goal try.
1a. I’m not sure about this one. Does the NFL have the rule if yo fair catch a kickoff, you get the ball at the 25 Yard Line, just as if it was a touchback.

2. Patrick Mahomes is an outstanding runner. With no one or only one defender at the line of scrimmage, who’s to say he couldn’t run as far or further than the pass he completed in the same amount of time.

3. Can you tackle all the receivers? Don’t forget, if they complete the pass, they are under no obligation to take the penalty.

4. OK. Don’t guard the sidelines. Mahomes completes the pass to the unguarded sidelines. The receiver steps out of bounds. KC is at the same spot and still has 3 timeouts. Or maybe, since the sidelines are unguarded, he runs all the way for a touchdown. Game Over.
Old 01-28-2022, 03:32 PM   #35
Inner Dirt

A ball fair caught is placed on the yard line it is caught on. What I believe should have been done is kick it high and short of the end zone. No one is going to fair catch a ball inside the 20 in that situation, that should kill 3-5 seconds on a run back. Time outs left really did not matter, they only had to stop 2-3 plays.

There definitely was no reason to guard the sidelines. The Buffalo coaching staff laid an egg. If I was a Buffalo fan I still would not have recovered from that game.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 01-28-2022 at 03:40 PM.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2022, 05:13 PM   #36
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
If I was a Buffalo fan I still would not have recovered from that game.
They haven't recvered from Scott Norwood yet.
Old 01-28-2022, 07:05 PM   #37
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
They haven't recvered from Scott Norwood yet.

That was like a 47 yarder on grass, correct? That is about a 50-50 proposition, it isn't like he missed a chip shot. I had a casual acquaintance from a body building gym that invited me to his Super Bowl party, he said I just had to bring myself as long as I rooted for the Bills. That wasn't a problem as I laid the 6 1/2 or whatever it was and got a couple $100's of bets at $20 each from co-workers.

The host had bet $1000 on the Bills to win it all before the season started and got like 18-1. He was just an average Joe and said he allowed himself to lose $1,000 a season and just decided to bet it all at once.

There was probably 2-3 dozen people and the guy had a couple large grills going serving steaks, burgers, fish, and hot dogs. Plenty of booze, no well brands, and couple kegs. He must have spent $1-$2,000 to throw this party as obviously in his mind he cashed his ticket before kick off.

I used to always dread the Monday after I picked a Super Bowl wrong as for a dozen plus years I would bet with co-workers that usually don't bet, $10-$20 at a time sometimes it made it to $500. A lot of those types are sore winners. Anyway, I felt so bad for the host, the day after passing out $20 bills to a dozen clowns did not seem that bad.

If I had his ticket, I would have probably been shopping for new 4 wheel drive trucks the week before the Super Bowl.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: