Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-04-2021, 07:20 PM   #16
Dave Schwartz

If Facebook is involved in an INQUIRY, I'd like to see ZUCKERBERG taken down and placed last.

Just sayin'.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2021, 08:00 PM   #17
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
If Facebook is involved in an INQUIRY, I'd like to see ZUCKERBERG taken down and placed last.

Just sayin'.
And barred from the game forever!
Old 10-04-2021, 09:29 PM   #18
myohmyjustify

Facebook caused this; it was an inside job. A deflection.

Mark Zuckerberg will go to Congress tomorrow and the very accommodating politicians will misuse their time talking about today's 'hack' and NOT about the criminal activities regularly practiced at FB.

Will anyone ask him why Trump is banned on FB and the Taliban and other terrorist groups allowed to be on the platform? No. Not for a second.

The only ones who probably will make some sense will be Ted Cruz or Rand Paul or even Liz Warren, and we all know how the media dismisses and marginalizes them out of hand most of the time.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2021, 10:26 PM   #19
FakeNameChanged

Huge Contrarian Play

I'd usually post this on the contrarian thread, but it works here as well. Big companies who dominate their sector, and can print money are the Mother of all Contrarian plays when something like this happens. As long as the negative news does not involve cooking the books, these companies recover quickly after the stock damage has occurred.
The one kicker is we need to see if this tech and overall market correction, is the real deal or just a temporary setback. I think the platform outage and congressional hearing is a big, fat nothing-burger. Ideally, I'd prefer the price gets down to the 200-day Moving Ave. or lower, and tech and the market recovered at the same time.
Old 10-05-2021, 06:28 AM   #20
vegasone

If it hasn’t been posted before, had to do with an expired security certificate somewhere that some systems are looking for.
vegasone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2021, 08:08 AM   #21
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasone View Post
If it hasn’t been posted before, had to do with an expired security certificate somewhere that some systems are looking for.
You believe that?
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2021, 11:52 AM   #22
Marshall Bennett

No doubt this outage was deliberate. An hour I could understand, 6 hours is ridiculous. They have too many resources to prevent this. They're not stupid people, they're simply pissed off.
Expect more harassment to follow...and I sorta hope it does. People that overindulge in social media need to get a real life.
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2021, 12:07 PM   #23
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
I'd usually post this on the contrarian thread, but it works here as well. Big companies who dominate their sector, and can print money are the Mother of all Contrarian plays when something like this happens. As long as the negative news does not involve cooking the books, these companies recover quickly after the stock damage has occurred.
The one kicker is we need to see if this tech and overall market correction, is the real deal or just a temporary setback. I think the platform outage and congressional hearing is a big, fat nothing-burger. Ideally, I'd prefer the price gets down to the 200-day Moving Ave. or lower, and tech and the market recovered at the same time.
As the hearing is going on, Stock has been up as much as $8 at one point.
Old 10-05-2021, 12:12 PM   #24
Stevecsd2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasone View Post
It had to do with the DNS routing system data. In a nutshell, the DNS system translates www.facebook.com into a 201.423.149.298 number (not their real one, just an example), which is how computers find each other on the internet.

Yesterday, all of the DNS entries for Facebook had been deleted. It was a hacker job by somebody.
Stevecsd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2021, 12:49 PM   #25
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevecsd2 View Post
It had to do with the DNS routing system data. In a nutshell, the DNS system translates www.facebook.com into a 201.423.149.298 number (not their real one, just an example), which is how computers find each other on the internet.

Yesterday, all of the DNS entries for Facebook had been deleted. It was a hacker job by somebody.
An inside job?
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2021, 02:35 PM   #26
boxcar

Facebook whistleblower testifies in Congress

"I am here today because I believe that Facebook's products harm children, stoke division, and weaken our democracy," she said during her opening remarks. "The company's leadership knows how to make Facebook and Instagram safer but won't make the necessary changes because they have put their astronomical profits before people. Congressional action is needed. They won't solve this crisis without your help."

https://www.cnn.com/business/live-ne...fac5c702fc682a
Old 10-05-2021, 05:03 PM   #27
boxcar

Something Doesn't Add up Here...

Facebook Says Major Outage Due to ‘Configuration Changes’

And I'm not even talking about the explanation FB offered for the outage. Something doesn't add up with this so-called whistleblower.

Frances Haugen, who told CBS News’ “60 Minutes” program that she was recruited by Facebook as a product manager on the civic misinformation team in 2019, claimed that she saw during her time with the company “conflicts of interest between what was good for the public and what was good for Facebook.”

What were these "conflicts of interest"? Could she have been more vague?

Oh wait...was this it:

“And Facebook, over and over again, chose to optimize for its own interests, like making more money,” Haugen said during her appearance on the television program broadcasted on Oct. 3. ?

There are lots of companies out there that "chose to optimize for its own interests". I mean...did FB rob its customers blind?

And this:

She also accused Facebook of lying to the public about the progress it made to rein in hate speech on the social media platform. She further accused the company of fueling division and violence in the United States and worldwide.

Is she implying that FB's censorship policies weren't restrictive enough against conservatives and politically incorrect speech?

And FB is "fueling violence"? Wow! Is she inferring that her boss is a domestic and global terrorist?

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_br...HNZ%2BoUa8I%3D

She spends a lot hot button words saying absolutely nothing.

I'm beginning to wonder if the public and the Senate are being set up for a dog and pony show...
Old 10-05-2021, 07:21 PM   #28
stuball

HMMM!!!

Classic case of controlling the narative..........
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2021, 07:46 PM   #29
boxcar

Far Left Facebook Whistleblower: People Like Me Should Regulate Big Tech

Establishment media-backed Facebook whistleblower Frances Haugen testified before the Senate Commerce Committee today, telling lawmakers that they should set up a new regulatory agency to protect against the “harms” of Big Tech (including so-called disinformation and hate speech), and that people like her should get to run it.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/...paign=20211005

Can I sniff out horse manure a mile away or what!?

So...here's a gal who thinks her agenda is more righteous than her boss'.. Now the pieces are starting to fall into place.
Old 10-05-2021, 08:40 PM   #30
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Far Left Facebook Whistleblower: People Like Me Should Regulate Big Tech

Establishment media-backed Facebook whistleblower Frances Haugen testified before the Senate Commerce Committee today, telling lawmakers that they should set up a new regulatory agency to protect against the “harms” of Big Tech (including so-called disinformation and hate speech), and that people like her should get to run it.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/...paign=20211005

Can I sniff out horse manure a mile away or what!?

So...here's a gal who thinks her agenda is more righteous than her boss'.. Now the pieces are starting to fall into place.
So he is not her boss anymore right? A little bird told me 90 % of face books business is outside these United States. So that section 230 protection is only for 10 % of their business? They need to modify section 230 so if Facebook or others act like publishers, stripping that protection from being sued becomes reality in these United States. They provide a platform for malevolent groups outside the States while banning President Donald J. Trump, ridiculous.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply