Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-01-2022, 06:29 PM   #31
davew

It was a nice day but the last races hd tno great surprises. The 20 cent rainbow 6 paid less than $80 for all 6.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2022, 08:28 AM   #32
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Yea, a pathetic chaulkfest. I guess we should be used to it by now, but it really sucks.

This isn't a new problem for racing. Back in the 40s & 50s, they had to start loading down horses with huge weights. But since the sport has such a bad image today, I dont think that's an option.

Also back then, that's one of the reason tracks added turf courses.

Later in the century, drugs helped the problem, if a trainer wasn't drugging he wasn't trying. But now that we've cleaned that up (ahem), we are back to where we were 70 years ago.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2022, 05:34 PM   #33
Robert Fischer
clean money

Saturday's value was really squashed for me when Colonel Liam defended his Pegasus Turf win. Looked vulnerable on paper.

also that p5 first leg with the Cox barn switch ("Just One Time"?). Got bet and won in spite of not breaking that well. Other than that it was a chalky sequence.

If someone parlayed a 'Win' Wager on Regal Glory to Life is Good I wouldn't criticize.

That Sunday card's 'mandatory' p6 ended up at least generating a payout.

Not an easy sequence. Probably had to lean on the Pletcher chalk in Leg1 and then use a few per race. Someone gave me a tip on the winner of the 10th? a 6/1ml bet down to about 9/2 but probably a fair value in multis... Chalk to that winner probably put's the sequence under $200. I think it paid $25k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
From my perspective, after Knicks Go made light contact at the break and failed to accelerate much, his jock had no choice but to rate back. Overall, I rate that an uncharacteristically dull performance.

That aside, I'd like to see the horse capable of fronting that winner.
re-watching the replays more unbiased and i agree

somewhat dull break. Rosario may have had room for more urgency but wasn't asleep. And, the positions did sort out very quickly even given the short run into the first turn.

Looks like Flightline is going to the logical 7f G2 San Carlos. Used to be in March, haven't checked this year. Guess the only question there is what rivals are quicker at the break, but guessing a short field with heaviest hitters staying out. Prep.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 02-02-2022 at 05:35 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2022, 12:08 AM   #34
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Met Mile?
Life is Good?
Freightliner?
The latter looks more tractable, but would that even help in a virtual "match race" with LIG?? And questions remain for Flght Line to answer.

Also, while team LIG clearly established a rare and commendable willingness to take on all comers by pitting their horse against the incredible speed of a Knicks Go, can we assume the connections of FL will prove as game and confident?

My hunch, fwiw, is that one or the other will go awry before the epic showdown you speculate about.

What's your take, Tom?

Always good to hear from you.

btw..Unless you are very laid back in person (which I do suspect is the case), you are going to give yourself acid reflux in those political threads. LOL.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply