Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #31
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
Do you remember when TVG management decided it was a good idea to 'hide' the on camera people's picks to all except paying account holders?
The AHEM..handicappers would give out their horizontal picks( I doubt seriously if these guys were actually making these wagers) and there would be one of the races their picks were hidden. Then they would hawk the TVG Website and say the picks were a service available to only TVG Account holders...I think that policy lasted maybe a month or two...Jerks.
It was a about a 2 or three weeks into it that I decided TVG was headed to my "Liste de Poop".
I am ok with Lo Duca because he was a ballplayer who like to bet the races and has turned it into a bit of a career. And he is not over the top.
As for the rest of them....No thanks.
I do remember, and it was silly to think people were going to pay for their picks. They learned that lesson though. Good for them.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2013, 04:04 AM   #32
duncan04
Let's go Reds!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddaddy
I use Tvg and Hrtv to watch races , nothing more. If one doesnt like the banter, mute the sound, if one doesnt like the selections, dont look. Two very easy solutions.

I agree but if they did that then there wouldn't be so many threads bashing TVG. Its what keeps this site going.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #33
Al Gobbi

I have a pet peeve with TVG and it always involves Woodbine on weekends and also occurs tonight with Mountaineer. It has to do with showing the first X number of races then not broadcasting the final 2 or last race, the one in which has the most money riding on it in multiple race wagers, especially if there is plenty of time to show said races.
Al Gobbi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2013, 01:02 AM   #34
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan04
I agree but if they did that then there wouldn't be so many threads bashing TVG. Its what keeps this site going.
There is a difference between criticism and bashing.
Actually I think the term bashing is used by those with blind loyalty to a person or entity, whenever their favored person or entity is criticized in any fashion, they term it as "bashing"..
I think the observations offered here regarding TVG are legitimate.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2013, 02:49 AM   #35
duncan04
Let's go Reds!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
There is a difference between criticism and bashing.
Actually I think the term bashing is used by those with blind loyalty to a person or entity, whenever their favored person or entity is criticized in any fashion, they term it as "bashing"..
I think the observations offered here regarding TVG are legitimate.

Ok I admit bashing may have been a wrong choice of words to use. But just think how many threads there have been on TVG this or that. That was my point if nothing else
Old 10-12-2013, 02:58 AM   #36
kingfin66
Bombardier

As much as I hate to do it, I must pile on. I do not normally get to watch TVG because I have a job and not much free time to watch. This week and next, however, I am home recovering from knee surgery and get to watch. I don't know if the types of things that I am seeing are typical, but they really annoy me.

Everybody knows that TVG pumps the pick 4, 5, and 6 bets, but I noticed that their "experts" give the picks out about 1 or 2 minutes before post time of the first leg. How do they expect those who play the picks - do people play the picks? - to get the bet in?

Also, the analysts are all obliged to give out selections, or so it seems, but why do they always do it when the horses are almost fully loaded in the gate? Is that normal for them to do?

TVG is using/promoting the TimeformUS product, which is well and good. Of course, a feature of that product is the Pace Projector. Today, prior to the 9th/feature race, TVG put up the Pace Proj graphic which included the numerous scratched horses. Todd T. began a diatribe about how Timeform needed to get that changed because it was not showing an accurate picture. I know that Timeform updates scratches frequently, so it seems to me that they updating needs to take place with the TVG production department.

On the bright side, TVG has a young man working for them who has a good stage presence and seems to know a lot about horse racing from a historical perspective. His name is Caleb something. I have no idea if he is a good handicapper or not, but he seems like he would be good for the network if they give him a big enough role. Schrupp was fawning over him to the point where it got a little bit creepy.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #37
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Hey king...hope you're feeling better.
At least you picked a good time on the racing calendar to have some down time.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #38
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan04
Ok I admit bashing may have been a wrong choice of words to use. But just think how many threads there have been on TVG this or that. That was my point if nothing else
I agree. However, the general consensus appears to be TVG delivers a less than desirable product.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #39
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Hey king...hope you're feeling better.
At least you picked a good time on the racing calendar to have some down time.
Thanks Tom. It also helps to have football this weekend. Monday and Tuesday will be the difficult days.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #40
wonatthewire1

odds board

might want to check the video feed instead of Tvg's odds

have been showing ML up to post time on several tracks...and its early
wonatthewire1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #41
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Face it, TVG deserves the ridicule they get.
Chicklets are missing, even the bottom straight numbers are not there half the time. It is one thing to hire blooming idiots for your on-air people, designed to draw in the young drunker market....but they seriously lack the people behind the scenes who are supposed to know what they are doing.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #42
Stillriledup
Veteran

Loduca the steroid cheat is still at tvg spewing his nonsense. Talking about a foul that didnt affect the outcome he's championing that "A foul is a foul".

Needless to say, SRU downs in house commentator job will NOT be filled by paulie the cheater.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #43
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Loduca the steroid cheat is still at tvg spewing his nonsense. Talking about a foul that didnt affect the outcome he's championing that "A foul is a foul".

Needless to say, SRU downs in house commentator job will NOT be filled by paulie the cheater.

Huh? He was quoting someone else, and he made that comment after there was no change. He said right away that there would be no change even before the inquiry was posted.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #44
The Hawk

I have to admit though, when you watch Belmont on HRTV vs TVG the picture quality is vastly superior on TV.
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #45
Beachbabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawk
I have to admit though, when you watch Belmont on HRTV vs TVG the picture quality is vastly superior on TV.
I get both those channels on TV, so which channel are you talking about?
Beachbabe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: