Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:35 AM   #106
Sinner369

Doug.....Worm....Infection???

Doug:

Today, I was installing your program for the first time but my virus program says................"High Risk Worm Infection on the Libraryfiles.exe"

Is there a concern???????? on version X?????

Sinner
Old 09-20-2009, 12:16 PM   #107
headhawg
crusty old guy

Someone else earlier had showed some concerns about that. This is Doug's previous response:

"The library files register some files missing in Vista. I guarantee it is not spyware, I remove it for a living."

I've installed it with no problem and have run malware scans since with no detection. So it's likely a false alarm due to what is being installed.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2009, 01:06 PM   #108
douglasw32
douglasw32

I would not be concerned

Many a virus software throws up "false positives" free ones more often.

It is most likely detecting the registering of the files as a "Virus like" activity.

for fun try COMODO antivirus sometime, It detects like every single thing on your computer including windows files as a virus, lol

I am using (at the moment) Sunbelt's Vipre and this file has not been detected as harmfull.

Vipre is highly touted on sites that track zero day, false positive, benchmarks.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #109
douglasw32
douglasw32

I should have mentioned

Also, you can uncheck the library files, they are only needed if the program does not run on your OS
Old 09-21-2009, 05:40 PM   #110
headhawg
crusty old guy

Handifast HHX v1.5 with .csv output

By popular demand I have completed a version that has the ability to save the summary screen output for all of the races to a .csv file. You can now import into Excel to print, sort, manipulate, what have you. If you are not an Excel or database person this is probably no big deal but a few people have requested this feature. It is being tested now, so maybe by tomorrow or Wednesday we can have a version for everyone who wants it. When it is a viable version I will make another post about how to obtain it, either through a link here or through email. Keep your fingers crossed...
Old 09-22-2009, 11:19 PM   #111
headhawg
crusty old guy

Things are progressing fairly well with HHX version 1.5 with csv output. Getting good feedback from the testers and I hope to make this available sometime tomorrow for those who will find it useful.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:37 AM   #112
douglasw32
douglasw32

Works Great
Old 09-23-2009, 11:56 AM   #113
headhawg
crusty old guy

HHX v1.5 now available

Ok, let's just go with it.

It's not perfect, and there still some things that I would like to do better, but the testers like it well enough so consider the HHX version with csv output available. This version will likely be included in Doug's next release, but if you would like it now then contact me. Users that I have sent previous versions to can send me an email if they would like this version. New users can PM me with their email address.

BIG NOTE: there is no difference between this version and HHX v1 except for the csv output capability. If you're not a spreadsheet/database person then you do not need this version. That said, you will be able to use this version print through Excel, so I guess that is a reason to get this as well.

There is a ReadMe file that I will include with instructions and some formatting recommendations. I am not an Excel expert, but many people here are. Post your questions and I am confident that someone will provide an answer. (A member here has already contacted me about helping in this regard. I will keep people posted on that front.)

As usual, post any bugs/problems. Any complaints, contact the management.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:52 PM   #114
REBel

HH,

Please clarify one thing for me. In your latest release, are the Top 4 generated by Handifast or FAST?

Thanks.
REBel is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2009, 08:01 PM   #115
lsosa54

Handifast
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2009, 09:29 PM   #116
Handiman
BarelyWinning

In middle of coding a six track version of handifast right now. Having some structure problems so it's going to take a while. Also if things go right, Doug's summary will also be available in next version or one after that...depending on how things go.

Head's csv code will be included too! Along with ability to print out to paper.

Just thought an update was in order.

To clarify.....handifast summary will stay the same as it is now...it's just that Doug's will be an addition so both will be available.

Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2009, 10:03 PM   #117
lsosa54

This is an example of HH's csv download with minimal formatting applied then printed to pdf. The Top 4 summary is printed separately due to space limitations. The Handifast summary is sorted by the FAST column.

BTW, if you think Handifast may not work on the poly or the turf, this summary is from closing day at DMR. One of the 2 top FAST ties in the 5th race, El Gato Malo, won and paid $35.80. The #2 FAST in the 6th race, Sky Marni, won and paid a measly $67.00. The top FAST in the last race, Pat's Legacy, paid $25.20.

This does not count exotic bets that could have been structured without too much craziness.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DMR090909. Handifast Summary.pdf (17.4 KB, 96 views)
File Type: pdf DMR090909. Handifast Top 4.pdf (10.1 KB, 76 views)
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2009, 11:14 PM   #118
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasw32
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...6&postcount=33

This is the coolest thing I have ever used.

if you put this line

Explorer.exe C:\Infotran

into the (Config 'myprogram.txt') file in handifast Ver X it opens the folder where the setup goes on, a few steps and you have a fully editable PP.

Thanks RAY (Great work) I can not begin to imagine what went into building that control file and those macros. I doubt I will ever use the BRIS PP generator again.
Thanks!

I'm glad someone really appreciates Infotran and what can be accomplished via it's control file. I've been using it for years, having created several control files over that time. This is the first control file I've written that extracts all 1435 Bris or TSN data fields and imports that data into Excel.

I plan to add some more stuff but have been sick (pneumonia). Will continue soon.

Thanks again.

What you have accomplished with your program is quite impressive!! I have put lots of work into my Excel/Infotran stuff but you have done an amazing amount of work on your project, as well.

Congrats!

PS: There is a thread about my project in the software section. Can't remember the title of the thread but it mentions 1435 fields.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America

Last edited by raybo; 09-23-2009 at 11:20 PM.
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2009, 11:16 AM   #119
hracingplyr

Been

away th last 3 weeks in Italy. How is the program performing at Belmont so far?
hracingplyr is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2009, 12:56 PM   #120
headhawg
crusty old guy

I know that Doug likes his FAST number a lot and he plays the NYRA tracks so I imagine it's doing pretty well. I can't say for sure about the Handifast numbers as I am just writing some of the code for it, not using it. But after lsosa's recent post about DMR I have to quit coding and start playing.