Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:13 PM   #226
MitchS
Patience $ Discipline

Hi guys,

I've only been following along just recently. I just wanted to chime in and say...WOW, you guys have really done a great job with this program and on the surface this program as a stand alone method of selection is doing good from what I can see. Of course I use it in a different way. I like to use my own perosnal sheets that I've been posting for free on my website along with one other program. But, I've also been adding this program into the mix to see how some of my contenders fair with your top 4 and some of the stats. It's working well as an extra tool in the arsenal. A big thanks for that. A JOB WELL DONE GUY'S and you know who you are! Open source all all, this is fantastic! I'm not a programmer but let me know if I can help in anyway?

HH, I'd like to see the new version? The version i have is HHX ver 1.0.

Great job again!
M
Old 10-19-2009, 10:35 PM   #227
douglasw32
douglasw32

Newest Link

This was lost somehow, includes newest handifast and my newest summary sheet.

http://localpcpros.com/HandiFAST_Version_X.exe
Old 10-22-2009, 09:08 PM   #228
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Here's an update on me and the program:

Just got back from the Dr. My heart is now beating in synch with the help of the defib device in my chest. But my heart won't completely give in apparently and is beating and extra beat on it's own. So for every two machine beats it beats once on it's own. So it is beating a third more than it's suppose too and as a result of that and a couple other things the efficiency of my heart..where normal is 80-85% mine is 20-25% when I went in today it was at 18% but they were able to get it up a bit.

The Dr.'s are stumped as to why they can't control my heart and they are a bit baffled why I'm still up and walking and alive. I figure God wants me to continue horse racing.

As for the Handifast program, I have 4 tracks done with just two left to finish. But it's just taking me longer because I get so tired and have to sleep so much. But I will continue to go forward and get it done as soon as I can.

Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-22-2009, 10:08 PM   #229
chrisl

Thank you for all that you have done. But take care of yourself. Your neighbor from Sacramento. Chris
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-22-2009, 10:54 PM   #230
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Thanks Buddy,

If I didn't have this project to keep me going, I don't know what I'd do. Can't wait to get this next version done and out in the field.

Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-22-2009, 11:50 PM   #231
chrisl

Thank you. Handi.for everything. Chris
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-23-2009, 08:54 AM   #232
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handiman
As for the Handifast program, I have 4 tracks done with just two left to finish. But it's just taking me longer because I get so tired and have to sleep so much. But I will continue to go forward and get it done as soon as I can.
There's lots and lots of code there, Handi. Take your time and get as much rest as you need. If you need me to help out with some of the code I can certainly try.

A question for Handifast users: has anyone tried this on Windows 7? I know that only certain people here would have used the beta version of 7 but I am curious as to whether or not Liberty Basic programs (like Handifast) will work on it. I've been putting off learning another programming language but I may have to if there are too many incompatibilities with Vista/Win7 and LB.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-23-2009, 09:09 AM   #233
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchS
But, I've also been adding this program into the mix to see how some of my contenders fair with your top 4 and some of the stats. It's working well as an extra tool in the arsenal. A big thanks for that. A JOB WELL DONE GUY'S and you know who you are!
I think that a lot of users are doing something similar Mitch. There's a lot of good stuff in Handifast but some things that are missing in it as well. (For now... ) So like you, some people are using Handifast as their main selection tool and then supplementing it with something else (trainer stats, track profiles, etc.), or the other way around with Handifast numbers (FAST or PWR, for example) confirming Beyers or form cycles or what have you.

It's been a great project to be a part of, and it's always nice to hear that people enjoy using Handifast.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:34 PM   #234
douglasw32
douglasw32

Handi you have taken this and made it something special and headhawg has been a tremendous resource.

This is so much more than my little program I started with. I use it everyday, and I use it now with the pace figures in the alldata spreadsheet.

I have found that it makes picking Sprints, On the Dirt for 3 yo and up very very easy to hit.

That's how I use it.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:24 AM   #235
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasw32
Handi you have taken this and made it something special and headhawg has been a tremendous resource.

This is so much more than my little program I started with. I use it everyday, and I use it now with the pace figures in the alldata spreadsheet.

I have found that it makes picking Sprints, On the Dirt for 3 yo and up very very easy to hit.

That's how I use it.
That's kinda funny, I've been thinking about maybe using some of the figs from your program in the AllData spreadsheet. I imagine some of your followers are also watching to see what ends up in AllData.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2009, 07:36 AM   #236
douglasw32
douglasw32

I love that spreadsheet you have built =)

I do not even look at a racing form anymore with the two in combination.

I have not taken the time to "join them in" what I do is copy and paste from my summary sheet into the sheet2 tab, and then look at the races in handifast, kick out the csv and then sheet3 and import txt and go find it in the handi folder.

And there I have it, everything and then some I need.

Of course then you have to close WITHOUT SAVE and repeat, but the rewards have been many.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:07 AM   #237
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasw32
I love that spreadsheet you have built =)

I do not even look at a racing form anymore with the two in combination.

I have not taken the time to "join them in" what I do is copy and paste from my summary sheet into the sheet2 tab, and then look at the races in handifast, kick out the csv and then sheet3 and import txt and go find it in the handi folder.

And there I have it, everything and then some I need.

Of course then you have to close WITHOUT SAVE and repeat, but the rewards have been many.
Thanks for the compliment.

I'm hoping that, eventually, both yours and Handi's programs will be combined into one program, like many others here I imagine, and then go from there. Maybe one csv file to import will make the job of "merging" it with AllData simpler.

I like the idea of being able to "manipulate" your data, as well as Bris', in Excel.

I'm working on my automated paceline selection "decision tree" now, so, it will be a while before any of the above gets more serious thought.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2009, 11:47 AM   #238
lsosa54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handiman
Thanks Buddy,

If I didn't have this project to keep me going, I don't know what I'd do. Can't wait to get this next version done and out in the field.

Handi
Just to keep your juices flowing, Handi, here's the 6th from Oaktree on Thursday.

Top Distance Rating:

8 Fiery Rebel

Top FAST # :
8 Fiery Rebel

Top Choice (highest # of points):

8 Fiery Rebel

Race Winner (8-1 ML):

8 Fiery Rebel Valdez Felipe 121 33.40 16.60 10.80

He was also top HeadHawg PWR and top 4 in most other ratings.

Last edited by lsosa54; 10-24-2009 at 11:48 AM.
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2009, 12:12 PM   #239
headhawg
crusty old guy

Wow. Usually a Top 4 pick with the top FAST and top PWR is the chalk or 2nd choice. I hope that you had that one.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:10 PM   #240
lsosa54

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg
Wow. Usually a Top 4 pick with the top FAST and top PWR is the chalk or 2nd choice. I hope that you had that one.
HH: The reason you had that kind of price was the public had bet down the entries ridden by Rosario and Bejarano, two of the leading jocks, both below 3-1. They were both dropping from c25000n2l. One had finished 5th of 7 and the other 9th of 10.

The winner was trained and ridden by a sub 10% jock and trainer on the circuit and on his 17th try, had broken mc20000 at FPX. However, he had run a nice race at this level (c12500n2l) just missing 3rd with a non ideal trip not far back from the leader at any call. It looked like it had retained its form from the wake up maiden breaker at FPX.

The winner was 1-18 lifetime, Rosario's horse 1-20, and Bejarano's horse 1-9. I think the public forgets that in a low level conditioned claimer, anything is possible, esp. with good current form. Fiery Rebel was tied for 2nd FM rating and 3rd PC rating, ahead of both the Rosario and Bejarano favorites.

The low ML in this race was 4-1 and I think that spoke volumes.

Last edited by lsosa54; 10-24-2009 at 01:11 PM.
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply