Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:12 AM   #1
Fatl

BRIS chart parser

Hey all, is there a bris chart parser out there? I ask because I use andy's parser and it looks like Equibase is going pdf next week

OFFICIAL CHARTS

Click on the track name to view available dates in a calendar format. Effective September 28: This product will require the use of the Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher. If you do not have the Reader or have an older version, you may download this program free by clicking the Get Adobe Reader Button.
Fatl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2005, 06:21 AM   #2
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I would imagine BRIS and DRF will do the same shortly, otherwise Equibase is wasting their time.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2005, 01:17 PM   #3
linrom1
Veteran

Signs of doom

Prima facie evidence that racing is doomed as peddlers of useless data are trying to protect content that has no value to just about everyone but a few racing diehards. Just milk the ones that are left as much as possible. Next sign of doom: takeout is going to go up everywhere.

Last edited by linrom1; 09-24-2005 at 01:19 PM.
linrom1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2005, 01:43 PM   #4
sjk

What are the alternatives for reasonable purchase of chart data? I'm not interested in using anyone else's program or proprietary numbers just the basic chart data in usuable form.

It really stinks that Equibase which is largely owned by the tracks is doing its best to chase away players that have placed millions of dollars in bets over the years.

You really have to wonder if racing is going to be around for the long haul with some of the decisions that are being made.

Last edited by sjk; 09-24-2005 at 01:45 PM.
sjk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2005, 03:00 PM   #5
Vegas711

Posttime, for $ 75.00 per month for unlimited downloads or .75c per track per day. For the past month they have had some problems becouse equibase has made changes in their code .They are working on correcting the problem.

www.posttimedaily.com
Old 09-24-2005, 03:03 PM   #6
Vegas711

At this time their web site is down.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:52 PM   #7
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjk
What are the alternatives for reasonable purchase of chart data? I'm not interested in using anyone else's program or proprietary numbers just the basic chart data in usuable form.

It really stinks that Equibase which is largely owned by the tracks is doing its best to chase away players that have placed millions of dollars in bets over the years.

You really have to wonder if racing is going to be around for the long haul with some of the decisions that are being made.
I think ALL charts available are grossly over priced.
I have not seen any source to buy that I would spend half the dough they cahrge. Without the parser, I will probably not play near as many tracks
anymore.
Couple that with the serious doubt I have as racing's integrity and I may not play any track much anymore. I can take uncovering cheating and then deling with it, but when they just ignore it, I have to wonder....and NYRA is definately off my play list. About the only way I'll senf any money to NY is if Wal Mart gets the franchise and levels the track in favor of a super store.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:01 PM   #8
Overlay

With the general discouragement and skepticism I've noted on the board with the directions in which racing is going, are we board members being rational by continuing to follow the sport and (especially) by continuing to risk money on its outcomes? Are we relying solely on "inside information" and behind-the-scenes maneuvers which are not known to the general public as a basis for wagering decisions? Or do a significant number of players still believe that there is a systematic, objective means of analyzing recurring performance patterns contained in published information that can serve as a basis for consistent wagering success? Count me as part of the latter group, but I'm increasingly wondering how many still feel that way.

Last edited by Overlay; 09-24-2005 at 08:05 PM.
Overlay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2005, 09:24 AM   #9
lefthandlow

pdf file

Is there a program that will convert the pdf file back to html??LL
lefthandlow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2005, 09:51 AM   #10
bobbyb

CovertPDF - Try This

www.DownloadGrid.com

bobbyb

"it hurts ($$$) when your drinking coffee, ya sneeze, and the coffee hits the laptop"
bobbyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2005, 10:13 AM   #11
bobbyb

ooopp's after posting downloadgrid site, (which is enormous) - you can follow the link below directly.

PDF conversion software to HTML

www.iceni.com/content/Gemini

bobbyb
bobbyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2005, 11:19 AM   #12
sjk

One could spend several hours writing a parser for that gobbledegook.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:26 AM   #13
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

A parser would be fairly simple to write for DRF or BRIS for my needs, but I see no reason to believe they won't follow suit soon. I'll wait a little while and see how this all shakes out.

Equibase sells charts for $15 a month, but don't know if they will also switch to PDF as well.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:30 AM   #14
sjk

It appears from their web page that they will. I don't have a problem with paying for the html charts or equivalent data. I just don't know where to get them.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:52 AM   #15
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjk
It appears from their web page that they will. I don't have a problem with paying for the html charts or equivalent data. I just don't know where to get them.
The guy below posted a link where comma delimited charts are available unlimited for $75 a month. That seems a little steep to me. I don't see anything on BRIS/TSN/DRF mentioning anything about this yet. I know DRF had something in the works, and they looked very nice, but I haven't heard anything lately or know what the pricing might be.