Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-28-2024, 03:02 PM   #16
ElKabong

When I was in college I worked at least 1 part time job. It's unfortunate the gumbint has to create "jobs".

No one trusts this administration to not use this to cheat.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2024, 03:18 PM   #17
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Gubbermint Jobs?

Saw this at ZeroHedge this morning.

US GDP "Grew" $334 Billion In Q4.... That Growth Cost $834 Billion In Debt:
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/us...4-billion-debt

Quote:
Well, a closer look at the data revealed something stunning: a quick look at the increase in nominal GDP, which rose from $27.61 trillion in Q3 to $27.94 trillion in Q4, shows that the US economy increased some $334.5 billion in absolute nominal dollar terms.

But where did this growth come from? Why debt of course, and a lot of it. For the answer how much debt, we go to the US Treasury's Debt to the penny website, where we find that debt on Sept 30, 2023 was $33,167,334,044,723.16 and debt on Dec 31, 2023 was $34,001,493,655,565.48.

In other words, it cost $834.2 billion in debt during Q3 to grow the US economy by $334.5 billion, or exactly $2.5 in debt for every $1 in GDP "growth."

[RESIZE size="small"][/RESIZE]

Very much in line with returns I've come to expect on our tax dollars.

And nothing even more runaway spending can't solve.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 02-28-2024 at 03:26 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2024, 03:19 PM   #18
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

No one trusts our 18-35 year olds.

They are going re-assign their loand AND pay them too?

What is this, Hunter branching out?

Come summer, if the polls are tight, look for FREE METH AND HOOKERS for college degenerates.
Old 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM   #19
jimmyb

Before the last election a Bernie Sanders for president table was manned outside a supermarket i shop at. They were on a voter registration drive and asked me if i was registered and who i planned to vote for. I told them not for Sandres and they asked why. They didn't appreciate my thoughts and a woman actually assaulted me. I was pretty pissed off but didn't respond physically., but i called her every derogatory name I could think of and i wasn't quiet about it. Drew quite the crowd. I called the supermarket corporate headquarters and explained what happened. Never again was any voter registration booth seen there again.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2024, 04:08 PM   #20
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
look for FREE HOOKERS for college degenerates.
What about seniors? Asking for a friend in the Rochester area.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2024, 05:19 PM   #21
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Before the last election a Bernie Sanders for president table was manned outside a supermarket i shop at. They were on a voter registration drive and asked me if i was registered and who i planned to vote for. I told them not for Sandres and they asked why. They didn't appreciate my thoughts and a woman actually assaulted me. I was pretty pissed off but didn't respond physically., but i called her every derogatory name I could think of and i wasn't quiet about it. Drew quite the crowd. I called the supermarket corporate headquarters and explained what happened. Never again was any voter registration booth seen there again.

I don't know why I laughed at that, I have had that happen too many times to count. Never over arguing politics. I did think my ex girlfriend was going to.
She strangely objected to me calling a guy on TV a dude in a dress which is exactly what he was. She like got up in my face, she seems to often be in denial about how pissy she gets.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2024, 05:30 PM   #22
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
Gubbermint Jobs?

Saw this at ZeroHedge this morning.

US GDP "Grew" $334 Billion In Q4.... That Growth Cost $834 Billion In Debt:
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/us...4-billion-debt

Very much in line with returns I've come to expect on our tax dollars.

And nothing even more runaway spending can't solve.

-jp

150% waste or over budget, whatever you would like to call it. That really is not bad for any thing a government entity touches. Go do the math at how much they spend to house, clothe and feed illegals in New York. I did the math on some numbers they threw out and it was over $100k a year each.
I forgot where I read that.
Old 02-28-2024, 05:35 PM   #23
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
The Republican politicians should. Do they have anything more important to do?
They play a game called "switch."

Ever hear of it?
Repubs are freaking pros!!!
Old 02-28-2024, 05:50 PM   #24
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
What about throwing in the garbage the ones you did not like what box they checked? Democrat Independent Republican
There is no such box on the voter registration form. The only time you need to declare your party preference is when you vote in that party’s primary. You do that by asking for the party ballot.
Old 02-28-2024, 05:55 PM   #25
mostpost

Quote:
This forum does not have a fantasy section.
Old 02-28-2024, 06:05 PM   #26
Inner Dirt

Quote:

I wonder what the laws are governing that? I am sure it varies by locale.
People canvasing, soliciting or whatever it may be called in this area are usually well off to the side of the store entrance so you have to walk out of the way to see what they are up to. Where I was at in SoCal some of them were damn near blocking the door.
Old 02-28-2024, 06:31 PM   #27
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
There is no such box on the voter registration form. The only time you need to declare your party preference is when you vote in that party’s primary. You do that by asking for the party ballot.
depends on state
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2024, 07:34 PM   #28
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Other than putting Joe and Hunter in prison?
Good luck with that.
Old 02-28-2024, 07:51 PM   #29
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
This forum does not have a fantasy section.
I did think we had an agreement but i guess not. Calling me a liar... The gloves are off.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2024, 08:09 PM   #30
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-election.html

"Kamala Harris announces federal government will start PAYING students to sign Americans up to vote and fill in at polling stations because so many quit after the 2020 election.

Harris said the Department of Education would start using federal work study funds to pay students to register voters. Harris said it was part of a widespread federal effort to increase voter registration before the 2024 election."

I admire all the ways the dems try to legally cheat and game the system. Using the work/study program to pay radicalized students at universities to sign people up to vote. I'm sure they will be visiting senior centers and rural communities in addition to fellow radicalized students on campus. I'm sure.

I don't see what could go wrong here.
So......let me attempt to grasp your point here.
You're saying that young people should not participate in the political process?

Conservatives seem to be so consumed with our "brainwashed" youth.
Just another area where you struggle to persuade with your argument.

Grow a set.......own the situation, for once
Show the world how well you can govern without a dictatorship.
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply