Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-27-2024, 02:49 PM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Yep…Bidenomics…..killing WV

https://hotair.com/salena-zito/2024/...-hard-n3783657

Weirton WV getting hammered, again
Old 02-27-2024, 02:59 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Those guys just need to learn TO CODE...duh
Old 02-27-2024, 03:37 PM   #3
Inner Dirt

How embarrassing I had to look up tinplate. I don't think I recall hearing that term before.

He believes NAFTA, signed by President Bill Clinton in 1993, essentially made it hard for companies like Weirton Steel, which had to follow strict and expensive Environmental Protection Agency guidelines, to compete with places like Mexico. The towns all up and down the Steel Valley died hard.

That is why pretty much no one in management in a manufacturing facility is a Democrat. In 30 years in business I have never had a customer speak liberalism. The ITT division I worked went the way of the tinplate plant. When I started working there in 1987 it had over 3,000 employees, the head count kept getting whittled away. When my friend who died at 57 worked there in 2016 they were down to 300. The guy died 6 months before he and his family
were going to flee Ca for NC. Somewhere between 2016 and now the place was shuttered. Combine the EPA with local SoCal regulations, you have a giant PITA. We had a full time compliance officer. They kept taking away our chemicals. Most people do not know you can't use everything you find at the hardware store in a manufacturing facility in Ca. Paint thinner is a no no.
I think back in Ca, Safety Kleen is about the only degreaser allowed.
In the city limits they will use the fire department to pull surprise inspections.

Multi unit industrial complexes and large stand alone facilities are prime targets.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2024, 03:44 PM   #4
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Those guys just need to learn TO CODE...duh

I would think some of them do, not the kind you are probably familiar with.
There has to be some automation in that plant that have machines running off computer code.
Old 02-27-2024, 03:47 PM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

We needa good dose of MAGAnomics.
Old 02-27-2024, 06:59 PM   #6
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
The factory lost 9,100 Jo’s from the 90’s but somehow the last 900 are because of Bidenomics.
Old 02-29-2024, 04:29 AM   #7
lamboguy

as luck would have it, i bought this stock 2 weeks ago

i actually sold NVDA 300 points ago to buy this stock. sure i wish i stayed in for the 300 points i missed, but i am not unhappy what i bought either going forward.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/467...esting%2BIdeas
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2024, 07:37 AM   #8
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i actually sold NVDA 300 points ago to buy this stock. sure i wish i stayed in for the 300 points i missed, but i am not unhappy what i bought either going forward.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/467...esting%2BIdeas

That article about Cleveland Cliff has statements that make no sense to me.
Their website is full of a bunch of fluff and lacks information a person with a technical mind is interested in. The article and some of the buzz words on their website had me thinking they recycled scrap which a lot of milling operations do. In their Wiki article it claims all their raw materials are mined
at company owned mines.

Also why does your linked article mention scrap prices? They are neither making scrap or buying and finished metal stock prices drive scrap prices, not the other way around.

Also what is up with those posted scrap prices? $490 a ton claimed in Cleveland? It is $120 a ton here for what they described and I have a customer who says scrap prices are so low in the Cleveland area he just throws his out. Busheling is a scrap term I never heard, we just call it clean magnetic steel. You will get for it about the same price as a junk car. To get $490 a ton you would have to have clean non magnetic stainless
and the price of that has dropped over the years not went up. Right now the local yard is paying $400 a ton, about a dozen years ago it was at $900 a ton.

I am aware of the market because I recycle my own scrap. I probably only generate a half ton a year. Copper and brass are worth decent money $6K a ton for copper and $3.7k a ton currently for brass.