Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Old 02-06-2024, 04:17 PM   #1
myohmyjustify

Is this the beginning of a generational stock market boom?

A few events in recent weeks suggest to me we could be at the forefront of a generational boom in the stock market.

Here are a few reasons why I have been allocating a lot of money into equities these past four weeks and will regularly continue to do so in the coming weeks and months. In no particular order are just a few of my reasons ...

Technology runs the business world, the consumer world and the every day world, like it or not.

While I've always tried to bet against over hype in the stock market, I now believe the AI craze is not crazy at all. AI will be a net benefit by a very large margin to both corporations and the personal consumer markets. AI technology likely will create a tectonic shift on how companies conduct business, amongst themselves and to the consumer.

Piggybacking on the AI craze, the release of Apple's Vision Pro could become the most successful consumer product ever introduced by Apple, the greatest company in history.

Yes, in the other thread its said the price is a bit much. Understood. I believe the product will both sell out and drop in price over time. Everyone has their own acceptable price point and the Vision Pro will eventually settle to a price point consumers world-wide will be falling over each other to buy.

I have been an Apple stock holder since the late 1990s and I have purchased shares on this one premise only --that Apple is not a technology company as much as a lifestyle company. And people just love the Apple experience -- be it IPhone or IPads. I repeat: Apple is quite simply the greatest company in the world. The Vision Pro will prove to be a game changer. It's the ultimate lifestyle product when all is said and done.

Lastly, the country now understands that Donald Trump is the only one running that could remotely change the direction of the country -- both domestically and on the international stage. Trump haters and America Last politicians can all go to hell.

People vote with their wallet and Trump will return the country to economic expansion. And return the USA to the leadership position its held under his first term. People also demand their president to be a leader and not an idiot, stumble bum, clown, so bye-bye Biden come November.

Of course, the market will not go up in a straight line nor begin its ascent when I hit the submit tab on here. But I advise all to seriously look at the broader picture and the longer view. Start investing now before it is too late.

Good luck and good investing.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2024, 06:08 PM   #2
thaskalos

Before we jump on the bandwagon and invest now...should we be concerned that Trump might LOSE the next presidential election?
Old 02-06-2024, 06:12 PM   #3
1st time lasix

All factored ( priced in)…??? US stock market rises 62-63% of the time And 95-96% of the annual return (from appreciation) comes in only five trading sessions each year. Stay diversified ….avoid margin / naked options…..and be a bit skeptical of past big winners. It’s about exceeding expectations… big winners simply have higher expectations. Good luck.
1st time lasix is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2024, 06:26 PM   #4
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

There's only been one "generational buying" call made here in off-topic.

By someone (reckless) who is now banned I believe...LMAO

He called it right before or right after Trump won...and he definitely wasn't wrong. Of course then COVID hit a few years later...but even still, the S&P 500 went from around 2800 when Trump took office, to around 3800 right before COVID...and if you held through COVID you went up another 1,400 points

And we're only about 300 points off that all-time high right now...

So...

TLDR

You have big shoes to fill if you want to call another "generational buying" opp

I can't find the exact thread where he made the call...but here's a thread I made about his call back in September 2017, when it had "only" gone up 20% by that point...LMAO

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=141016

I only wish I had listened to him

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-06-2024 at 06:32 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2024, 07:58 PM   #5
myohmyjustify

That call of his was made WAY before the election, btw, if I read it and remember it correctly then.
Old 02-06-2024, 08:16 PM   #6
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Before we jump on the bandwagon and invest now...should we be concerned that Trump might LOSE the next presidential election?
First off, I personally don't jump on bandwagons, I create them.

A Trump victory is just one part of my analysis. I thought I'd share them here on PA because this room has been quiet these past many months.

Since I back my analysis with my own cold hard cash I do have more to lose than those who chime in later offering little of substance.

But this isn't a concern of mine. Not only does it pay to know what you're talking about, it's very profitable to be in contrary of those who are disgruntled, negative and short-sighted. And this works in the stock market or the race track and other gambling dens.
Old 02-06-2024, 09:58 PM   #7
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
That call of his was made WAY before the election, btw, if I read it and remember it correctly then.
yes, you are correct. I was mistaken...prob about a 8-12 months before?