Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 02-26-2019, 01:14 PM   #1
Blenheim
Race Player

California Drama

The first Kentucky Derby Media Poll was completed yesterday showing Game Winner w/the most first place votes, Improbable second, War of Will third. I wonder if the media cognoscenti have been tracking their works. Media Poll

Yesterday, Game Winner worked from the gate in company in 1:13.60; Improbable fired a 6f bullet in 1:12 flat; Instagrand worked 7f in 1:26.60 and Gunmetal Gray blitzed 5f in 59:80 a couple of days ago, all this before the track was shut down due to increasing fatalities. Workout Videos

“In an unusual turn of events yesterday, the California Horse Racing Board (CHRB) released the numbers on horses fatally injured at Santa Anita between Dec. 26, when racing started, and Feb. 23. During that time, 18 horses died-6 on the dirt during racing, 5 on the turf during racing and another 7 during morning training. Another horse, a 3-year-old gelding named Charmer John, was euthanized during training hours this morning." As Santa Anita Fatalities Rise, Officials Search for Answers

Drayden Van Dyke rode Instagrand in his first two starts but he will not take the mount moving forward; he chose Baffert’s Improbable. Hollendorfer, not to be outfoxed by Baffert, shipped in Javier Castellano to work Instagrand and will likely get the mount for the San Felipe. Instagrand, Castellano Pair Up Appears as if Hollendorfer isn’t backin’ out one bit and is sending the Into Mischief colt and Gunmetal Gray against what some consider to be the best two colts in the country. I've read the San Felipe is shapin’ up to be the Derby before the Derby. All this in the shadow of the racetrack condition problems.

The racetrack management has taken samples, takes a couple of days to get the data, supposed to be in Thursday; they will go from there. If need be they will expedite any harrowing process. I doubt they will shut the track down before any Derby Points races, but one never knows . . . Is plan B is to ship em’ all to the Rebel Stakes? Now that would be a hoss’ race!

Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2019, 02:48 PM   #2
Suff
Beat up 💪

Thanks for that great post. Its better than content that I pay for.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2019, 07:23 PM   #3
GMB@BP

Just a point of correction, Larry Best, Instagrand's owner, removed Van Dyke from all the mounts on his horses, so he did not chose one horse over the other...however, I think he would have regardless so your larger point is still likely valid.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2019, 02:47 AM   #4
anotherCAfan

Thankfully the San Felipe is not this weekend (scheduled to rain). If I were the connections, I would ship to Oaklawn.

I do not trust the situation at SA right now.
anotherCAfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2019, 03:25 PM   #5
delsully
Veteran

Instagrand is pointing to the Gotham next Saturday.
delsully is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: