Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 04:17 AM   #8761
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
What you perceive as weakness is strength and what you perceive as strength is weakness.

That way of being is for the user to be used internally not externally. Christ followed his own words when he was crucified. He turned the other cheek and loved his enemies. Without that ability, he would have failed. This was the strength that pulled him through.

Jesus's depth of understanding of how to live this life is way beyond your imagination. Only when you are in a similar position of being treated unfairly and you employ Christ's words of loving your enemy will you understand the power it has to liberate you from a Hellish situation. I have gone through this and Jesus's guidance has saved me. This is one reason why Jesus is my spiritual teacher and I am so grateful to him for his wisdom which is beyond words.
In Christianity, morality and religion are both completely out of touch with reality. Completely imaginary causes ('God', 'soul', '1', 'spirit', 'free will' - or even an 'unfree' one); completely imaginary effects ('sin', 'redemption', 'grace', 'punishment', 'forgiveness of sins').

Contact between imaginary entities ('God', 'spirits', 'souls'); an imaginary natural science (anthro* pocentric; total absence of any concept of natural cause); an imaginary psychology (complete failure to understand oneself, interpretations of pleasant or unpleasant general sensations - for instance, the states of nervus sympathicus - using the sign language of religious-moral idiosyn* crasy, - 'repentance', 'the pangs of conscience', 'temptation by the devil', 'the presence of God'); an imaginary teleology (,the kingdom of God', 'the Last Judgment', 'eternal life'). -

This entirely fictitious world can be distinguished from the world of dreams (to the detriment of the former) in that dreams reflect reality while Christianity falsifies, devalues, and negates reality. Once the concept of'nature' had been invented as a counter to the idea of 'God', 'natural' had to mean 'reprehensible', - that whole fictitious world is rooted in a hatred of the natural (- of reality! -), it is the expression of a profound sense of unease concerning reality . . .

But this explains everything. Who are the only people motivated to lie their way out of reality? People who suffer from it. But to suffer from reality means that you are a piece of reality that has gone wrong . . . The preponderance of feelings of displeasure over feelings of pleasure is the cause of that fictitious morality and religion: but a preponderance like this provides the
formula for decadence . . .
Nietzsche.

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 12-13-2018 at 04:29 AM.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:38 AM   #8762
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
Completely imaginary causes ('God', 'soul', '1', 'spirit', 'free will' - or even an 'unfree' one); completely imaginary effects ('sin', 'redemption', 'grace', 'punishment', 'forgiveness of sins').
I don't think God is imaginary. Jesus said God is within and he is right.I experience the proof of that through meditation which is the tool to connect to your inner self which is a non verbal entity connected to its source. I also call that inner self my "soul" which is me and is not me but part of God. I obviously did not create it and in a sense this life is not entirely my life nor entirely my will.

If you think that is just my imagination as well, welcome to the 21st century where we now have evidence of the afterlife through NDE's. Scientists also have discovered that they cannot prove that "consciousness" is produced by the brain and have proof that consciousness is independent of the body and brain in cases where the brain is clinically dead yet has more clarity and perception that the most alive and healthy brain.

Even if you don't believe anything I said, you should be aware that there is a "higher power" even if you don't want to call it God because something did create "all". If you believe it was some chemical reaction or element, you should ask what its source was and keep asking what the source of the source is and then you will find that same source of sources is within you as Jesus said.

You are not your body or your mind. It is you that is imaginary.

Last edited by Light; 12-13-2018 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:18 PM   #8763
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Sorry, I didn't notice this before because I got lost reading that bogus website that you attached to your post.

If God's call indeed requires "immediate obedience", then...why does your above website go into such a lengthy explanation to prove that Jesus would not object to the burial of the guy's dead father? If God's call must be immediately obeyed...then it should be immediately obeyed, whether the father is dead or not.
I guess the site and I can explain it to you, but we can't make you understand it.

It is true what scripture says: Understanding comes from God, as well!
Old 12-13-2018, 12:38 PM   #8764
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
There isn't a single intellectually-honest bone in your entire body. It wasn't I who brought the "rich man" into our conversation here...it was YOU! In post #8712, all I said was that Jesus instructed his followers to "Leave everything behind, and follow him". It was in YOUR reply (#8724) that you interpreted this as being a reference to only the rich man, and his love of money. I had never "whined" about the rich man up to that point...and I subsequently informed you that Jesus had told other people too to "Leave everything behind and follow him"...this wasn't said to just the rich man...as you had originally thought.

And the bogus website that you have supplied as an explanation is too silly to comment on...but I'll expose you as the fraud that you are anyway...since you are such "low-hanging fruit". The above website says that Jesus told the man to forget about burying his father...because the father supposedly wasn't already dead. The father was elderly, the website says...and the guy was telling Jesus that he would have to keep Jesus waiting while he himself waited for his elderly father to die. Improbable, IMO...but, let's assume that this explanation is exactly RIGHT. And now I ask YOU:

Why did Jesus object when that OTHER guy simply asked to go warn his family that he was leaving them, in order to follow Jesus? Do you supposed that the guy's family was away on a long vacation...and Jesus couldn't be bothered to wait for the family to return...so the guy could inform them of his departure? Do you see how ridiculous you and your bogus websites are, Boxcar? Run along now...and see if you can find a somewhat reasonable explanation for Jesus's behavior towards the second guy. The internet is a big place...you shouldn't have too much trouble.
What didn't you understand about my explanation of 11 of the 12 apostles who Jesus called and every single one of them stopped what they were doing and followed Jesus. The 11 who persevered in the faith were called effectually, having a work of grace performed in their heart. Therefore, they left what they were doing and followed Jesus immediately. (See the link below that explains this doctrine.)

All the others that you mention received the outward call of the gospel but, but being dead in their sins, they had no power to respond as the apostles did. All they wanted to do was go about their lives. See also the kingdom parable of the Great Banquet, wherein Jesus brings both groups together in one parable (Lk 14:15-24)

Remember: Narratives very often illustrate biblical doctrines.

https://www.gotquestions.org/effectu...ling-call.html

John 6:44
44"No one can come to Me, unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.
NASB
Old 12-13-2018, 12:41 PM   #8765
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDL0FttPX-4

Read your own link. It violates the Law of Non-Contradiction multiple times.
No, it doesn't. But if YOU think it does, then prove it by applying the law to what you think are contradictory statements. The onus is on you since you're making the claim. You're the one crying "foul". The ball's in your court, Dumpty.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:45 PM   #8766
boxcar

Quote:
I'm not upset. I'm laughing. I'm merely pointing out that the quote is an ad hominem and thus no argument at all. Another example of the Goat Herder's Guide to the Universe proving nothing.

It is good that you have your belly laughs now because in the end God will have the last laugh (Ps 37:13).
Old 12-13-2018, 12:54 PM   #8767
boxcar

Quote:
I didn't say they are humbler than me. I said they are humbler than those Christians that believe that they are humble while boasting about their superiority to others.
No true Christian boasts of his superiority because every true believer knows that he has absolutely nothing about which to boast. When Christians boast, they boast in God (Ps 34:2), since God saved them by HIS sovereign grace.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:42 PM   #8768
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
No true Christian boasts of his superiority....
Look in the mirror. Although I do not consider you to be a true Christian no matter how many scriptures you quote, you assume yourself to be one of the "few" 'chosen" ones to be assured of Heaven. That boastfulness is embarrassing and shows how deeply naive you are about how spirituality works.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:09 PM   #8769
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
No, it doesn't. But if YOU think it does, then prove it by applying the law to what you think are contradictory statements. The onus is on you since you're making the claim. You're the one crying "foul". The ball's in your court, Dumpty.
Quote:
Women are not second class citizens in the Kingdom of God.
Contradicted by:
Quote:
... there are certain boundaries set for women …
Quote:
Women in general are more prone to deception than men.
The entire Christian religion is based on deception.

Quote:
The Corinthian women were interrupting the speakers in the Church asking questions.
And the men were not? If not then maybe the men lacked the capacity. More likely the women were seeing through the BS.

Quote:
As long as they don't assume a dominant role …
Meaning women should not go into politics?

Quote:
In the Bible about twenty apostles are named and all were male.
No shit, Sherlock.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:11 PM   #8770
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
It is true what scripture says: Understanding comes from God, as well!
Special pleading! Circular reasoning!
Old 12-13-2018, 04:46 PM   #8771
boxcar

Quote:
Contradicted by:

The entire Christian religion is based on deception.

And the men were not? If not then maybe the men lacked the capacity. More likely the women were seeing through the BS.

Meaning women should not go into politics?

No shit, Sherlock.
Those are not contradictions. Further, you have not applied the LNC to show HOW the things you say contradict one another. To prove a contradiction you must apply the specific claims or texts to the Law.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:48 PM   #8772
boxcar

Quote:
Special pleading! Circular reasoning!
How is it circular? God grants gifts to me, including knowledge, wisdom and understanding.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:53 PM   #8773
boxcar

Quote:
Look in the mirror. Although I do not consider you to be a true Christian no matter how many scriptures you quote, you assume yourself to be one of the "few" 'chosen" ones to be assured of Heaven. That boastfulness is embarrassing and shows how deeply naive you are about how spirituality works.
I know I am one of God's elect and I boast of his sovereign grace in choosing to save me. I have never once claimed that God saw anything good or worthy in me to adopt me into his family.

You, on the other hand, boast that you have all this great knowledge of spirituality and how it works and that you don't need Christ's stinkin' salvation.
This makes you self-righteous. It's no wonder you're not in God's kingdom, for Jesus did not come to call the righteous but the sinners into his kingdom.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:26 PM   #8774
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Those are not contradictions. Further, you have not applied the LNC to show HOW the things you say contradict one another. To prove a contradiction you must apply the specific claims or texts to the Law.
Seriously?

You are not a second class citizen but you can't have this, you cannot do that, and don't even think about telling men what to do. That's contradictory and if you cannot see that then you either lack the capacity or you are lying.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:28 PM   #8775
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
How is it circular? God grants gifts to me, including knowledge, wisdom and understanding.
Including the "knowledge" that he exists. That completes the circle.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: