Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 07-07-2021, 03:14 PM   #1
CheckMark

Progressive Handicapping

Ordered the Saratoga Handicapper for the first time this year but wanted to order another product which was Saratoga Handicapper Trainer Stats so I called the 1-800 number (since I don't have a US phone plan) and left 2 messages for Jim and Dennis

I also have emailed them countless times and no answering besides the one yesterday saying

"you have to calm down! I'm in Vermont and Dennis is in south Florida and it's under a hurricane watch. Be patient!"

I have not sent payment but it is not good when you get no response and left wondering if they even want to take my order

Just wondering if anyone else had problems with them before? Jim always "seems" busy I guess

Thanks
Old 07-07-2021, 03:20 PM   #2
thaskalos

Okay...Dennis is under a hurricane watch in South Florida. Couldn't Jim answer one of your "countless" emails from Vermont?
Old 07-07-2021, 03:26 PM   #3
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Okay...Dennis is under a hurricane watch in South Florida. Couldn't Jim answer one of your "countless" emails from Vermont?
I mean by countless like 5-6 emails total so far this past 2 weeks but spaced out so it's not hammered all in 1 day lol

Jim appears busy like what I said because he cannot just answer 1 email and calling the 1-800 today gets voicemail
Old 07-07-2021, 03:27 PM   #4
dlivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
On to better things

Try the old reliable Fax with a cover page...
dlivery is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2021, 03:29 PM   #5
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlivery View Post
On to better things

Try the old reliable Fax with a cover page...
Hurricane might suck the page up from Florida and carry it to Vermont where Jim is now I hope that happens
Old 07-07-2021, 03:59 PM   #6
Inner Dirt

"You have to calm down"

Unless I was yelling in someone's face I would not expect that type of response. I don't think I would want to buy anything from someone who responds like that.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2021, 04:17 PM   #7
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
"You have to calm down"

Unless I was yelling in someone's face I would not expect that type of response. I don't think I would want to buy anything from someone who responds like that.
I was being very nice to him and was not hammering him with emails

Usually, the emails would consist of

"Hey Jim just checking in to see how things are going with my order"
"Hey Jim just wondering if you got my previous email and all is good to process my order"

or if he ever does answer my questions which is rare and only happened the 1st time I emailed him last week

"Ok thank you very much I appreciate it"

I did send him this when he replied back with "You have to calm down"
"Sorry Jim

It’s just that if I did have us phone plan I would have just called you but email is my only way to get back.

I am sorry for asking over and over and I will be patient."
Old 07-07-2021, 06:05 PM   #8
woodbinepmi

Quote:
"You have to calm down"

Me neither
Old 07-07-2021, 11:06 PM   #9
CheckMark

Just heard a reply from Jim under 1 hour ago seeing it now:

We ARE very busy. please refrain from further contact over the next two to three weeks.

Very rude so I reply back:

Ok Jim

I realized that you would be busy but having a tone like this while I am trying to be nice as possible is uncalled for. I thank you for your business with me but you need to be more nicer to your customers and reply back to people on time because that is why I was messaging you so many times because you wouldn’t just reply with “yes we did” or “not there yet” or any updates at all.

So in total you have sent me the 2021 Saratoga Handicapper right and also the 2021 Saratoga Handicapper 3 yr in the mail? Please reply a simple Answer if you have sent both to me. If you have not sent the other Handicapper 3yr please send right away. All of this idiot behavior by me if you wanna call it that wouldn’t happen if you would just reply back to your emails or answer your phones.

It is so true about just relying back a message being so simple just so I feel better vs worrying about if my order was placed or not?

Never seen his dark side before

Now what. I guess I send payment and hopes he gets it

Last edited by CheckMark; 07-07-2021 at 11:08 PM.
CheckMark is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2021, 12:18 AM   #10
cato
Irrationally exuberant

My experience with them has been limited but it's always been good and if I have ordered something and paid for it they send it to me without a lot of conversation or emails. They've been in business for a long time.

It sounds like they responded like a busy, stressed human being and responded as best they could which seemed pretty clear and was not unkind (calm down and be patient). Always good advice especially to a handicapper.

I would have interpreted/guessed that "calm down" and "be patient" would be converted to an approximate human time of one week and then the hurricane would add another week. And Vermont is just a state where nothing happens.

So based on the above analysis I think the most recent message of a 3rd week is unreasonable.

Best, Frank

PS: If you have not paid for the thing you ordered that could be part of the problem!
cato is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2021, 08:38 AM   #11
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

My 2 cents....NO ONE is ever too busy for their customers.
Old 07-08-2021, 10:55 AM   #12
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cato View Post
My experience with them has been limited but it's always been good and if I have ordered something and paid for it they send it to me without a lot of conversation or emails. They've been in business for a long time.

It sounds like they responded like a busy, stressed human being and responded as best they could which seemed pretty clear and was not unkind (calm down and be patient). Always good advice especially to a handicapper.

I would have interpreted/guessed that "calm down" and "be patient" would be converted to an approximate human time of one week and then the hurricane would add another week. And Vermont is just a state where nothing happens.

So based on the above analysis I think the most recent message of a 3rd week is unreasonable.

Best, Frank

PS: If you have not paid for the thing you ordered that could be part of the problem!

I am shocked they have been in business for a long time with that attitude.

Some of you are too forgiving, there is no excuse for that behavior. As a self employed army of one I realize it is real easy to become slammed if you are running a business with a low head count. You really don't manage the work load, it manages you. I don't use the word "stressed" I call it life. If you can't catch up by burning the candle at both ends and in the middle or making a capital investment to work more efficiently it is time to hire some help.

If this guy freaks out over getting too many customer e-mails maybe he should start distributing his products through a 3rd party so he doesn't have to deal with the end users. A businessman has to realize bad word travels 10x as fast as a good word. This thread is a prime example.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2021, 11:12 AM   #13
dlivery

Pennies

Quote:
I am shocked they have been in business for a long time with that attitude.

Some of you are too forgiving, there is no excuse for that behavior. As a self employed army of one I realize it is real easy to become slammed if you are running a business with a low head count. You really don't manage the work load, it manages you. I don't use the word "stressed" I call it life. If you can't catch up by burning the candle at both ends and in the middle or making a capital investment to work more efficiently it is time to hire some help.

If this guy freaks out over getting too many customer e-mails maybe he should start distributing his products through a 3rd party so he doesn't have to deal with the end users. A businessman has to realize bad word travels 10x as fast as a good word. This thread is a prime example.
And here all along I was told to by a wealthy property owner you got to watch your pennies or they start rolling away you.
dlivery is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2021, 11:22 AM   #14
headhawg
crusty old guy

This may be a true story or maybe not. I'm sure we are not hearing all of the facts. Consider the source. Much like the Pigpen character from Peanuts attracts dirt, some people have a quality that annoys others, pure and simple.
Old 07-08-2021, 11:26 AM   #15
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
My 2 cents....NO ONE is ever too busy for their customers.
True!

I mean he either has no time to respond to a email or each time I have called the 1-800 number no one is ever there