Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-20-2008, 07:37 PM   #1
Cangamble
Agitator

Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau

Anyone ever hear about this group before?

http://www.trpb.com/index.html

MISSION STATEMENT:

1) To concentrate its attention on those areas which most significantly affect the integrity of racing, including race fixing; illegal medication of horses; horse substitution; hidden ownership; organized crime influences/association with licensees; and major narcotic activity. To address all other matters that have a negative impact on the business interests of TRA tracks and upon request to conduct due diligence background checks whenever a TRA member track is evaluating new business associates and enterprises or hiring key employees.

(2) To create and operate a modernized, effective system for the collection, evaluation, and dissemination of all available information on all personnel and other matters affecting the integrity of racing by

• (a) Engaging in the business of furnishing or supplying information as to the personal character and activities of any person, firm, company or corporation, society or association, or of any person or groups of persons connected with or affecting directly or indirectly horse racing, or as to the character or kind of business and occupation of any such person, firm company, or corporation.
  • (b) Seeking out and exposing crimes, breaches of rules and regulations connected with or relating to Thoroughbred horse racing and any and all things prejudicial to the interest of the public and to the sport of horse racing; and to report any such crimes and breaches to track management and any governmental or private authorities having jurisdiction, for such action as they may deem proper, and to secure and turn over evidence for use before any such governmental or private authorities, or for use in the trial of civil or criminal cases.
  • (c) Establishing and maintaining a computerized file system.
(3) To provide and/or manage security services at TRA tracks, when requested.

(4) To administrate and safeguard the horse tattoo program.

(5) To utilize the investigative and information resources of the TRPB in the development of new business opportunities within the equine and racing industry at large.

Last edited by Cangamble; 07-20-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Cangamble is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2008, 07:39 PM   #2
hbeck

Yes, they banned Terry Houghton for several years for no good reason until Pinnacle Race Course gave him the A-Ok earlier this week. They are basically inteterested in investiaged race fixing and trainers, jockey's and potential outside interests (like the mafia) that compromise racing.
hbeck is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2008, 10:49 PM   #3
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Can,

they been around a while.............
Old 07-22-2008, 06:47 AM   #4
DerbyTrail

Yes, they banned Terry Houghton for several years for no good reason until Pinnacle Race Course gave him the A-Ok earlier this week. They are basically inteterested in investiaged race fixing and trainers, jockey's and potential outside interests (like the mafia) that compromise racing.

That is incorrect. TRPB doesn't 'ban' anyone. They provide investigative information to the tracks and tracks can do what they want with the info.

Last edited by DerbyTrail; 07-22-2008 at 06:50 AM.
DerbyTrail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2008, 09:07 AM   #5
rrbauer
Both-hands Bettor

I'm at Santa Anita in the clubhouse having a beer with my friend and garage owner who maintained my car at the time. A man in a suit came up and asked him, are you "B.. P....". He said, "Yes". The man showed him some sort of identification and asked him to follow him. In about ten minutes, my friend comes back and says, "I have to leave....I'll tell you about it later."

Turns out my friend had been "ruled off" due to an employee having been arrested for making book while he was working at the garage. The man who spoke to him at SA was with the TRPB and they had gone to a small office there at the track and the man showed my friend a picture of himself, which they had, that simply labeled him as "undesirable".

In retrospect, I found this pretty amazing because over the years I have known people who were blatantly making book and taking bets at various SoCal tracks in the clubhouse and turf club areas and everyone seemed to know about them but they apparently hadn't been "ruled off". Go figure.