Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-12-2011, 06:45 PM   #451
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage
ya'll got yore panty's in a wad for no reason...he ain't winning this next one...unless of course there's 4 scratch's...

but it should be a bridgejumper race for sure if full field runs..
Sammy, just a little fyi.

Panties is not spelled panty's.

You know, just sayin'.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2011, 07:23 PM   #452
FenceBored

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
It is in the thread "They should review some old DRFs on this one" in The Paddock section.
Ah, that's it. Us unclean lurkers can't see the Paddock.
The Paddock , Selections and more inside..

We have recently reopened access of the Derby Trail Forum on display to unregistered viewers, but what is on display is only a portion of our content. Upon registration, you can access The Paddock, The Selections Room, Esoteric Central and much more..
-- http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/faq.php
FenceBored is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #453
proximity

“We even called (Davis’s) father … and he said his van had broken down,” Wright said. “We went as far as we could with the authority we had to do it with. We got absolutely no one who was willing to say anything was going on the Board of Stewards should be concerned with.”

i'm going to assume that included getting testimony from the mechanic that fixed the van and receipts for the parts and labor? GET REAL!!! charles town didn't want to find anything!!

proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2011, 07:47 PM   #454
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
When I first looked at those race records, I forgot which thread I was in and thought the first name on the list was a trainer. I totally freaked. I was saying to myself "And we complain about super trainers".
throw a beattie or two on the list and it wouldn't surprise me if those were the penn national trainer standings for early 2018.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:57 PM   #455
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
Sammy, just a little fyi.

Panties is not spelled panty's.

You know, just sayin'.

Was implying MULTIPLE poster's thoughts...not product...just so soes ya know
sammy the sage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #456
proximity

i can see these mock investigations being the wave of the future. tons of smoke in racing, but never any fire!!
Old 12-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #457
FenceBored

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I suspect RR will scratch if a few of the others don't.
Scratches up, the Derwin's Prospector comes out, that is all.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:54 AM   #458
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenceBored
Scratches up, the Derwin's Prospector comes out, that is all.
The more I thought about this, the more I was pretty sure he would run. He has the "streak" record, and to get the record that really isn't a record, he needs to run. Time is running out on 2011 and he only has so many more chances.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2011, 01:27 PM   #459
DerbyTrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenceBored
I just looked after seeing that comment on Paulick and I'm not seeing his stuff at Derby Trail's DT Forum. I don't know why, but I never seem to be able to find stuff there even with their search function. A search on "MacDonald" doesn't turn up anything but a golfer and a thread on the BC Filly and Mare Turf. Maybe it's because I'm not registered there, or something.

DougS certainly deserves the credit though.
F/B,

Try again.. http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44788

All the rooms are available for viewing..

Last edited by DerbyTrail; 12-13-2011 at 01:28 PM.
DerbyTrail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #460
RXB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
The more I thought about this, the more I was pretty sure he would run. He has the "streak" record, and to get the record that really isn't a record, he needs to run. Time is running out on 2011 and he only has so many more chances.
No reason for him to scratch out of this spot. He's the best horse in this race and has the most early speed. At least it's a respectable field for this level and a legitimate race, unlike that joke at Mnr last time.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2011, 02:18 PM   #461
keilan
Veteran

Rapid Redux has his hands full in this race I think. By no means is this horse worthy of 3-5 post time odds. The horses I’ll be using are the 2-4-5-6

I haven’t followed Rapid Redux at all but from reading this thread it appears like he has run against vastly inferior horses to achieve this record. I think that might have inflated his true ability.
keilan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #462
lamboguy

Rapid Redux has lost some of his fastball since May. he has steadily regressed. i don't know if its because of physical problems or the time between races. at one point he was in every 10 days and remained sharp, this race and his last one has at least 3 weeks from race to race. i remember when the ASSMUSSEN crew were running GOLDEN HAIRE, he sometimes was in twice a week. also to get the record RAPID REDUX has ducked the good ones in the class. to win today he needs his best set of running shoes on. the trainer knows when the horse is good and must think he has some type of a shot in this field, but its no walkover for sure.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #463
FenceBored

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyTrail
F/B,

Try again.. http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44788

All the rooms are available for viewing..
Thanks!
Old 12-13-2011, 02:44 PM   #464
RXB

Quote:
Originally Posted by keilan
Rapid Redux has his hands full in this race I think. By no means is this horse worthy of 3-5 post time odds. The horses I’ll be using are the 2-4-5-6

I haven’t followed Rapid Redux at all but from reading this thread it appears like he has run against vastly inferior horses to achieve this record. I think that might have inflated his true ability.
In the past three months RR has twice dusted Smilin Jordan, who easily ran past the #2 in its last race. RR also dusted Albrecht, who finished multiple lengths ahead of the #4 in their two recent meetings. The #5 and #6 appear distinctly inferior.

The early runners at Laurel have done well today in four of the first five races.

I don't think this race is a pure gimme but I won't be betting against (or on) RR.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #465
keilan
Veteran

RXB

Maybe today he'll be challenged from the gate and then we'll get a true measure of his worth!

I shortened my p4 ticket by removing the 4 horse who could easily run in the 2nd or 3rd position...

Tri 2-5-6/4/2-5-6-1 & 2-5-6/2-5-6-1/4
keilan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply