Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:49 PM   #136
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
Did the 5 lose action? Did the 5 lose ground as a result of the contact?
Define "crash"....Cuz if my car "crashes" into yours, we're filling out a police report.
Seemed like there was pretty significant contact between horses who were noses apart at the wire.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2015, 08:32 PM   #137
Tara73
Veteran

On Fountain of Youth day, in the last race how can you not DQ the winner. One look at the head on and it's an obvious call
Tara73 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2015, 08:49 PM   #138
menifee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara73
On Fountain of Youth day, in the last race how can you not DQ the winner. One look at the head on and it's an obvious call

This is what drives me nuts about the game. In the Fountain of Youth, they dq Upstart. I disagreed with that call, but can see how you can go either way. However, if you are going to remain consistent, you need to dq the winner in the last. They were very similar incidents. This is what drives bettors and fans nuts.
menifee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-23-2015, 03:13 PM   #139
Stillriledup
Veteran

What's with this bogus inquiry at Parx in the 7th, they needed to look at this 15 times? When stewards do this they show you they have no clue. This stuff is "Chilling".
Old 02-23-2015, 03:38 PM   #140
Stillriledup
Veteran

Wow here we go again at Parx, bogus inquiry, taking forever to make the race official.

Chilling.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:22 PM   #141
FlintAtTheFetlock

GS R1 could not believe they took down my

I chuckled at the inquiry as horse had cleared field and other horse was not in top 5. The entire race was a cluster with horses bouncing off each other but my nearly wires the field and gets tossed?

Can someone tell me what my eyes failed to see

chasing the bone, flies at the nostrils plunder
- IA @1978
FlintAtTheFetlock is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2015, 10:55 AM   #142
dansan

The 4th santa Anita the 8 should of been taken down no ifs ands or buts what a joke and not because I had the 3 horse at 20-1

Last edited by dansan; 03-01-2015 at 10:56 AM.
dansan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2015, 03:22 PM   #143
cnollfan

8th at Mountaineer on Sunday 3/1/15. From the pan shot it looks like the 3/5 favorite takes away the path on the rail of the 23-1 challenger. Objection not allowed. The head-on was not quite as conclusive as to how much room there was on the rail to begin with. Thoughts?
cnollfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2015, 04:31 PM   #144
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnollfan
8th at Mountaineer on Sunday 3/1/15. From the pan shot it looks like the 3/5 favorite takes away the path on the rail of the 23-1 challenger. Objection not allowed. The head-on was not quite as conclusive as to how much room there was on the rail to begin with. Thoughts?
I think the 3-5 won by a pole, the 2 wasn't ever beating that horse i'm pretty sure...and the contact wasn't severe enough to warrant a change, it didnt cost the 2 a placing......but it is mountaineer, so they're liable to do anything. When you blink there, at CT or Delta, you have to hold your breath no matter how minor the infraction and "Cost a placing" doesn't matter at these places, they DQ on a whim (and then the next day a similar incident will happen and they leave it alone).
Old 03-06-2015, 03:18 PM   #145
SG4

Gulfstream 3rd

So based on several of the DQ's this meet, it seems like Gulfstream is pretty much going with the "a foul is a foul" method of disqualifications, as opposed to the language we've seen from such places as Santa Anita where stewards admit to a foul but feel it didn't change order placement. Can't believe the DQ of the horse from 2nd to last today in GP's 3rd race. There was some interference, but it seemed slight & usually things earlier in the race are given some leeway. Nowhere did I think this was 5+ lengths worth of trouble created (the distance back to 3rd), and certainly not enough to be put dead last. Furthermore I could see if it was a rider's fault & they wanted to send a message, but the horse ducked out for whatever reason & he was corrected quickly. Either way it seems like the GP stewards are involved with more disagreeable calls then any other major circuit from what I've seen.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2015, 04:19 PM   #146
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4
So based on several of the DQ's this meet, it seems like Gulfstream is pretty much going with the "a foul is a foul" method of disqualifications, as opposed to the language we've seen from such places as Santa Anita where stewards admit to a foul but feel it didn't change order placement. Can't believe the DQ of the horse from 2nd to last today in GP's 3rd race. There was some interference, but it seemed slight & usually things earlier in the race are given some leeway. Nowhere did I think this was 5+ lengths worth of trouble created (the distance back to 3rd), and certainly not enough to be put dead last. Furthermore I could see if it was a rider's fault & they wanted to send a message, but the horse ducked out for whatever reason & he was corrected quickly. Either way it seems like the GP stewards are involved with more disagreeable calls then any other major circuit from what I've seen.
You (they) can create much less controversy by just paying the winners. They have established that the standard for a DQ is very weak, that they can DQ anything at a moments notice on a whim, is that what we want? A track that can just decide to not pay you because you didnt' maintain an exact straight line in a sport where maintaining an exact straight line is unreasonable?
Old 03-06-2015, 08:18 PM   #147
SG4

Good article with some more detailed discussion about the steward's process posted on drf.com this afternoon:

http://www.drf.com/news/stewards%E2%...cy-explanation

Also, why does it seem whenever I try to find the head-on replay of a controversial call, this video is unavailable? Do other people find this as well? As if people weren't suspect enough of the calls already. I e-mailed some tracks for information on this (as I was advised to do by the replay providers) & was met with complete silence.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2015, 10:30 PM   #148
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4
Good article with some more detailed discussion about the steward's process posted on drf.com this afternoon:

http://www.drf.com/news/stewards%E2%...cy-explanation

Also, why does it seem whenever I try to find the head-on replay of a controversial call, this video is unavailable? Do other people find this as well? As if people weren't suspect enough of the calls already. I e-mailed some tracks for information on this (as I was advised to do by the replay providers) & was met with complete silence.
They don't need explanations if they just pay winners and make the race official. Its not rocket science, but they're making it out to be, they're making it much harder than it needs to be.

Judges think they're doing the right thing by policing the races with a "high standard" but a lot of the DQs that they're making are just DQs that happen within the normal course of a horse race. Its hard enough to win once, but when you have to essentially win twice in order to cash the ticket, that's a lot to have to worry about.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:48 PM   #149
Redhook206

Gulfstream Park race 5 March 19

I had the #2 singled in a pick4. The #9 clearly drifts out three lanes in the stretch to move my #2 way out. I don't even get an objection from Saez. Unreal!!
Redhook206 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-21-2015, 03:32 PM   #150
Redhook206

Parx race5 #4 March 21

The (favorite) never comes out of the gate. Never even moves. Inquiry sign is up for about 30 seconds. Inquiry sign comes down. No change. No explanation!!

Parx is suck a dump!
Redhook206 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply