Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-10-2015, 05:17 AM   #1
NY BRED
GARY

MR.HASKIN COMMENTS ON SHARED BELIEF

Does Greatness Await Shared Belief?
• 09 February, 2015 7:26 PM
• Comments

• Tweet

From a physical standpoint, Shared Belief has as much in common with Forego as David did with Goliath. From a popularity standpoint, he doesn’t have anywhere near the following that Kelso did. In fact, he’s still trying to displace California Chrome as America’s equine darling. From a longevity standpoint, he still has half a decade before he can rival John Henry.

Why then is Shared Belief beginning to remind me of a pint-sized Forego, a Black Stallion version of Kelso, and a warrior that rivals John Henry?

~~read the rest at the following link~~

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse...ed-belief.aspx

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-10-2015 at 03:54 PM.
NY BRED is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-10-2015, 06:23 AM   #2
MJC922

Yeah I bumped into that one last night. I'm either miles away about these horses or he his.
MJC922 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-10-2015, 07:01 AM   #3
Cratos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY BRED
Does Greatness Await Shared Belief?
• 09 February, 2015 7:26 PM
• Comments

• Tweet

From a physical standpoint, Shared Belief has as much in common with Forego as David did with Goliath. From a popularity standpoint, he doesn’t have anywhere near the following that Kelso did. In fact, he’s still trying to displace California Chrome as America’s equine darling. From a longevity standpoint, he still has half a decade before he can rival John Henry.

Why then is Shared Belief beginning to remind me of a pint-sized Forego, a Black Stallion version of Kelso, and a warrior that rivals John Henry?
Well said and I agree with Haskins with the exception that Shared Belief must come East and face the likes of Palace Malice, Honor Code, etc to be the "king" of his generation.

"Science is correct; even if you don't believe it" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-10-2015 at 03:54 PM.
Cratos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-10-2015, 07:35 AM   #4
MJC922

Was I imagining things when this was considered to be one of the weaker 3yo crops? I guess that thought went by the wayside at some point because now early in the 4yo season it appears many think these aren't just good horses but they're monsters. CJ out of curiosity what kind of numbers are you coming up with for this horse? I don't have his last race yet but on my numbers he was slower than G1 par for three straight races coming into this, granted the BC was a terrible trip but still.

Last edited by MJC922; 02-10-2015 at 07:36 AM.
MJC922 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-10-2015, 08:02 AM   #5
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922
Yeah I bumped into that one last night. I'm either miles away about these horses or he his.
when i saw SHARED BELIEF come on the track on television i thought he looked stunning to me. i really don't know how a horse could look any better.

sure i am excited at his performance and the good race that CALIFORNIA CHROME ran as well, but he certainly is an eye popper to me. the horse also amazes me how the trainer has his horse on a synthetic race surface in the morning and gets him to run this good on dirt in the afternoon. i would hate it if there were any changes to his training and his rider at this point of time.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-10-2015, 08:38 AM   #6
Cratos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922
Was I imagining things when this was considered to be one of the weaker 3yo crops? I guess that thought went by the wayside at some point because now early in the 4yo season it appears many think these aren't just good horses but they're monsters. CJ out of curiosity what kind of numbers are you coming up with for this horse? I don't have his last race yet but on my numbers he was slower than G1 par for three straight races coming into this, granted the BC was a terrible trip but still.
Yes it was a perceived "weak" 3yo crop by most traditional standards, but I think that perception occurred because of the following two events: (a) the. 2014 older horse division was decimated by injury and retirement which took away the traditional late season competition between the 3yos and older horses; and (b) the late development of Bayern and Shared Belief injury which sidelined him for part of 2014.

This left the "ballroom floor" open to California Chrome to be the only significant dancer for most of 2014.

Hopefully 2015 will be different with youngsters like Dortmund, American Pharoah, Firing Line, and others emerging early as significant competition in the 3yo ranks.

In the older division, it is loaded on both coasts with good horses and barring injury there should be competitive racing at the high stakes level all year.

"Science is correct; even if you don't believe it" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Last edited by Cratos; 02-10-2015 at 08:43 AM.
Cratos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-10-2015, 05:58 PM   #7
clocker7
Veteran

Who isn't salivating over 2015? There's an older crop that is pretty much intact, with owners wanting to run on.

Will this year's 3yo crop be able to compete against their elders in the BCC? They had better be pretty frickin good to do so.
clocker7 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-10-2015, 06:08 PM   #8
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by clocker7
Who isn't salivating over 2015? There's an older crop that is pretty much intact, with owners wanting to run on.

Will this year's 3yo crop be able to compete against their elders in the BCC? They had better be pretty frickin good to do so.
This may be one of the most competitive, quality group of 3 yr. olds in quite some time. With the older division looking much stronger than usual, horse racing just might make some new fans.........DERBY PICK- UPSTART
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-10-2015, 06:14 PM   #9
clocker7
Veteran

Besides the quality of the remaining older colts, what I'm also cheering is something that is a throwback to earlier times: the willingness of enough owners to cast aside worries about tarnishing their steeds' records with a likely loss against a field of G1 runners in open company.

After watching years of selective targeting to avoid such, what a welcome development. Cherish it ... because I think that it is an anomaly.
clocker7 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-10-2015, 06:17 PM   #10
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cratos
Well said and I agree with Haskins with the exception that Shared Belief must come East and face the likes of Palace Malice, Honor Code, etc to be the "king" of his generation.
That should happen - at least, come Breeders' Cup.
I doubt they will ship him around for the sake of it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply