Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

View Poll Results: Best 3YO Male Thus Far?
Arcangelo 14 21.54%
Forte 30 46.15%
Mage 12 18.46%
Other 9 13.85%
Voters: 65. This poll is closed

Old 07-14-2023, 06:07 PM   #16
bisket

Three horses won Classic races at a speed figure at graded stakes level. A good argument can be made for them. I certainly hope anyone rating horses with allowance level speed figures in preps ahead of them doesnít have a vote for an eclipse.
bisket is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2023, 08:39 AM   #17
burnsy
self medicated

Well, itís not Tapit Trice have these guys on tv figured out he canít hang with the top end yet . Cause they keep on a picking him
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2023, 10:33 AM   #18
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
Well, itís not Tapit Trice have these guys on tv figured out he canít hang with the top end yet . Cause they keep on a picking him
I havenít watched the replay yet, but live it didnít look like he had the most comfortable trip. Still, that was a dud of a performance.
Old 07-30-2023, 10:47 AM   #19
PalaceOfFortLarned

Well, we didn't get many answers yesterday.

That was a pretty solid field in the Jim Dandy (albeit just 5 horses), and nobody really stepped forward. Eerily similar to the Preakness with a dawdling pace leaving Forte and Angel of Empire having to do much more work than what their connections wanted. While Saudi Crown may have stepped forward, he really has no excuse not to win that race by an open length or more like National Treasure in the Preakness.

Forte bulled his way to a win, but he isn't getting better through the summer and likely has peaked.

While I have to admire his grit and determination, Forte is a bet against going forward for me (not that I haven't bet against him every time this year anyway ).

This 3YO division remains wide open. The Travers should be a spectacular wagering race.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2023, 12:49 PM   #20
bisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned View Post
Well, we didn't get many answers yesterday.

That was a pretty solid field in the Jim Dandy (albeit just 5 horses), and nobody really stepped forward. Eerily similar to the Preakness with a dawdling pace leaving Forte and Angel of Empire having to do much more work than what their connections wanted. While Saudi Crown may have stepped forward, he really has no excuse not to win that race by an open length or more like National Treasure in the Preakness.

Forte bulled his way to a win, but he isn't getting better through the summer and likely has peaked.

While I have to admire his grit and determination, Forte is a bet against going forward for me (not that I haven't bet against him every time this year anyway ).

This 3YO division remains wide open. The Travers should be a spectacular wagering race.
look at the derby and the BelmontÖ. The group yesterday was the same group running the same times, even when adjusted, they have been running since March. Arcangelo and Mage were a length better in both Triple Crown races. Forte is the best of that group of horses. Heíll be fighting them again next race. Geaux Rocket Ride, Mage, and Arcangelo will a few lengths ahead deciding whoís the best 3 year old. You hear everyone saying Forte was short in the BelmontÖ well Iíd say so was Arcangelo.
Old 07-31-2023, 12:57 PM   #21
bisket

I honestly am wondering if Arcangelo is as good as his pappy and grand pappy. He’s the spitting image of Arrogate. When the Red Sea parted in the Belmont and Arcangelo could live his best life look at how easily he passed the field. Javy didn’t move muscle. I want to know what’s gonna happen when he can run that beautiful stride an entire race. Javy was smart keeping him covered up until the stretch. I think that’s how they won the race. I don’t think he was fit enough to run his natural stride the entire 1 1/2 miles. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a replay of Arrogate’s Travers I’ll be watching

Last edited by bisket; 07-31-2023 at 12:58 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: