Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-11-2021, 10:18 PM   #16
jimmyb

Army 71-73
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2021, 10:22 PM   #17
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Army 71-73
jimmyb
Old 11-11-2021, 10:53 PM   #18
don

[QUOTE=baconswitchfarm; when they call all veterans to stand. I tell my wife it's always me and 25 eighty year olds. [/QUOTE]

Watch it baconswitch farm
I'm one of those 80 year old farts from the Army
I still say the pledge of allegiance and I take off my hat and salute (hand over heart) when they play National Anthem

Last edited by don; 11-11-2021 at 10:54 PM.
don is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2021, 11:08 PM   #19
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Watch it baconswitch farm
I'm one of those 80 year old farts from the Army
I still say the pledge of allegiance and I take off my hat and salute (hand over heart) when they play National Anthem
Thank you for your Service, don.
Old 11-11-2021, 11:27 PM   #20
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Don,
I share that sentiment.

Quote:
I loved the military cooks. I think the Navy had the best, at least for breakfast. Omelets that were a work of art
Just Ralph,

When I was attending MI school at Ft. Huachuca, I had two wisdom teeth pulled on a Friday morning. I was so miserable, that I didn't show up for mess on Friday or Saturday.

On Sunday morning, the mess sgt sent a guy over to my billet with pancakes, eggs & bacon - none of which I was ready to eat. He said that Sarge told him to come back before every meal to find out what I could eat.

I was a lowly PFC at the time, fresh from boot camp, on my first training assignment. I literally had no idea that he even knew who I was.

Not exactly what one would expect from the Olive Drab Machine.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2021, 11:33 PM   #21
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
Don,
I share that sentiment.

Just Ralph,

When I was attending MI school at Ft. Huachuca, I had two wisdom teeth pulled on a Friday morning. I was so miserable, that I didn't show up for mess on Friday or Saturday.

On Sunday morning, the mess sgt sent a guy over to my billet with pancakes, eggs & bacon - none of which I was ready to eat. He said that Sarge told him to come back before every meal to find out what I could eat.

I was a lowly PFC at the time, fresh from boot camp, on my first training assignment. I literally had no idea that he even knew who I was.

Not exactly what one would expect from the Olive Drab Machine.
Old 11-11-2021, 11:44 PM   #22
MargieRose

A Very Steep Price

I thank my God every time I remember you.

As we sit on our comfy couches, sipping hot coffee and eating luscious breakfast pastries, many of our soldiers are abroad in much less desirable conditions, fighting for the freedoms that allow us to enjoy these peaceful scenes here at home. And then there are our veterans, many who are home but maybe not quite whole after their years of service.

These men and women willingly chose to stand between us and our enemies so that we could be free. Scars, physically and mentally, run very deep for many of the members, past and present, of our armed forces. That coffee and pastry were bought at a very high price!

On this Veterans Day, how do we thank the men and women who have fought for our freedom? We might never be able to fully repay their gift and their sacrifice; yet we must try! Let us look for opportunities to bless these brave men and women, and let us commit to teach future generations about the importance of our veterans and the steep price of freedom for which they have paid dearly.

To our current armed forces and our veterans, just as Paul said to the church at Philippi, so we say to you:

“I thank my God every time I remember you.” (Philippians 1:3 NIV)

MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2021, 11:47 PM   #23
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
A Very Steep Price

I thank my God every time I remember you.

As we sit on our comfy couches, sipping hot coffee and eating luscious breakfast pastries, many of our soldiers are abroad in much less desirable conditions, fighting for the freedoms that allow us to enjoy these peaceful scenes here at home. And then there are our veterans, many who are home but maybe not quite whole after their years of service.

These men and women willingly chose to stand between us and our enemies so that we could be free. Scars, physically and mentally, run very deep for many of the members, past and present, of our armed forces. That coffee and pastry were bought at a very high price!

On this Veterans Day, how do we thank the men and women who have fought for our freedom? We might never be able to fully repay their gift and their sacrifice; yet we must try! Let us look for opportunities to bless these brave men and women, and let us commit to teach future generations about the importance of our veterans and the steep price of freedom for which they have paid dearly.

To our current armed forces and our veterans, just as Paul said to the church at Philippi, so we say to you:

“I thank my God every time I remember you.” (Philippians 1:3 NIV)

MargieRose
Old 11-11-2021, 11:52 PM   #24
JustRalph
Just another Facist

We fed 1150 free meals to Vets today. They come from far and wide. Things went very smooth. My wife works at seating them. We do cafeteria seating on vets day. That way you are forced to sit with other vets, but you don’t know them. Many friendships are spawned from this day. Men and women from all branches sitting around stuffing their faces………

Attached Images
File Type: jpg D2BED1FC-A46E-4D11-A58B-439B125746A4.jpg (447.4 KB, 22 views)
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2021, 12:01 AM   #25
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
We fed 1150 free meals to Vets today. They come from far and wide. Things went very smooth. My wife works at seating them. We do cafeteria seating on vets day. That way you are forced to sit with other vets, but you don’t know them. Many friendships are spawned from this day. Men and women from all branches sitting around stuffing their faces………
Ralph!!!
Old 11-12-2021, 12:14 AM   #26
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
Ralph!!!
Yep...
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2021, 12:38 AM   #27
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2021, 12:54 AM   #28
mostpost

US Army 1966-1968. Basic at Fort Polk. A short time at Fort Hood. Then Korea for the Rest of my tour.
Old 11-12-2021, 01:00 AM   #29
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
US Army 1966-1968. Basic at Fort Polk. A short time at Fort Hood. Then Korea for the Rest of my tour.
Thank you for your Service, mostpost. I was in South Korea from August 1989-August 1990. Camp Humphreys...Pyongtaek. Attended the Primary Leadership Development Course at Camp Casey (at the DMZ) in 1990.
Old 11-12-2021, 04:26 PM   #30
schweitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Exact same time frame and locations for me. Like Elk I was stationed at Camp Humphreys.
schweitz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply