Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-29-2022, 09:45 AM   #46
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny V View Post
Now that had to be a great tour of duty right there. Yes indeed. I enjoyed great liberty there in Subic and Olongapo. I cant remember too many of the places I hung out there but the Smapaguita Club, Paulines and the Cave and Jollos come to mind, the cockfights and of course White Rock beach. but there were many others for sure. When I first was there the streets on Magsayay were not even paved yet. One thing about the P.I. You never lose your girlfriend. You just lose your turn.

It was a s***hole. They named a river after it.
Old 11-29-2022, 10:35 AM   #47
Johnny V

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post

It was a s***hole. They named a river after it.
It certainly had certain exotic flavor to the place for sure. After spending all that time on the gun line in Vietnam it was certainly a place to look forward to for liberty. I guess you know when you have been there too long when you can't sleep on base or the ship because you miss the roosters, you think a luxury hotel is one with a seat on the toilet and NO matter how drunk you get San Miguel beer still tastes good.
Johnny V is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2022, 05:32 PM   #48
plainolebill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
I spent 13 months and 6 days in Subic bay.
I would have needed a liver transplant after that tour of duty!
plainolebill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2022, 09:34 PM   #49
Actor
Librocubicularist

Army 1967-1970
Old 11-30-2022, 09:17 PM   #50
crestridge
Paladin & Fudge

Vietnam, Cam Rahn Bay, Dec. 1970-Nov. 1971, early out, Nixon starting to pull out of Vietnam. When I first arrived, we had a "poppason", really nice guy, funny sense of humor. First thing I did, was ask him his name, he replied, "Charley", with a big smile, and much laughing. 1St day in Vietnam. I didn't know whether to laugh, or run!!! Newbie on the "block"!!!
crestridge is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2022, 09:38 PM   #51
JustRalph
Just another Facist

On November 14th we fed about a thousand vets for free on our yearly Vets Day Celebration. It was a big night as usual!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg B8AD7489-8B23-4F51-B24D-5BEB5DB7ED7E.jpg (498.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg B3DE8344-673B-469C-B8AA-3C813A1DBDD5.jpg (520.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 12-01-2022, 06:27 AM   #52
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
On November 14th we fed about a thousand vets for free on our yearly Vets Day Celebration. It was a big night as usual!
Good on you Ralph!
Old 12-01-2022, 07:17 AM   #53
JOHN FRANK ARMY
Apprentice

JOHN FRANK. ARMY 68-70. Draftee. Dropped out of college in late April 68 after constantly watching news reels of NAM. Could have rode out war with deferments,but decided it time for me to serve,knowing full well US'S are going to NAM. Only wanted 2 years. Basic at FT.JACKSON. 3 different AIT'S after that. Classified: TOP SECURITY,TOP SECRET,CBR. NAM,69. Never had met or been around Black Americans me whole life,first experience was ARMY. They became great friends. The ARMY experience taught me to appreciate all races,it's one of things it does. One thing I did not like after I exited service was DRAFT DODGERS. One poster on this site knows it. One last thing. SERVING was one of the best experiences of my life. Friendships that last forever,even though you will never see again. And experiencing Combat deaths. I've said enough. GOD BLESS all my BROTHERS and SISTERS.

draftee
JOHN FRANK ARMY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2022, 08:53 AM   #54
JOHN FRANK ARMY
Apprentice

MOSTPOST: Thanks for your service. When I was in basic I was a STAR. Got voted #1 in company. As anyone knows there competition among platoons. Each platoon each week the drill would give a noon Saturday till 6PM Sunday town pass. I got it every week from my drill from week 3 to end. At week 7 he comes up to me and say's WHY the FUC you not leavin base and going into town,COLUMBIA. I say's to him. I appreciate you giving me the pass every week,but I ain't going until every else in PLATOON is also allowed to go. I'm not showin them up. Next time give it to GRANT who was probably next best soldier in platoon. He goes:You something,PRIVATE FRANK. But I would use the time to go to commissary and buy whatever any wanted because they all confined to barrecks area. And I did go and buy myself a poloroid camera. And everyone wanted to send home pictures to parents,girlfriends,wifes, and I charged a $1.00 a photo and made me some moola. So,I wanted to make a point here and got sidetracked. ME DRILL wants to win PLATOON competition. We have a soldier who is incable of performing physical skills. I'm in great shape,went in,in great shape. He say's to me. Will you spend a couple hours after each day and Saturday afternoons and Sunday getting RONALD FOGELEMAN in shape. I said WHY ME. He goes:YOU the BEST. I agrees,and We WINS final competition and FOGELMAN improves dramatically. WE alls get that final town pass and I finally goes. GREAT TIME. Another last thing. I hada friend who was in another PLATOON with a ASSHOLE DRILL. Even though he was a STAR QB on his high school team he was otta shape. Back to that PLATOON competition. The FUC DRILL had his PLATOON throw 2 blanket party's on him. Then the FUC and his assistant drill took my bud out in woods and beat the FUC out of him. I found out and told me DRILL: LOOK I want you to arrange for me in woods with both them FUCS and I'M going to anniliate both. He goes,LOOK I can,but you going to ruin your future. YOU have more potential than any SOLDIER I have ever trained,if you go thru and want to do this,you can be potentially BUSTED. I'M not arranging it.
There's a lot of reasons,JOHN FRANK was voted #1 in company and I not got the time at moment to explain. But back to you MOST. I'm glad you made it thru. RE-CYCLED but graduated. YOU MY BROTHER.
JOHN FRANK ARMY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: