Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:50 PM   #211
cmp92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGTKLO
Dan, I told them in May. It's a joke. Roberts Communications says everything is fine on their end and my video department leader says everything is fine on our end. I am so annoyed that it has not been rectified and here I am still dealing with it. I truly apologize. I could go off many fronts but I'll just keep it all to myself. Our racing secretary has resigned effective as of the end of the season. Bill Couch has been good for Finger Lakes, but even he has pulled a Roberto Duran.
Good calls today, I'm hoping to get out to Finger Lakes at least once this year.
cmp92 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2016, 07:04 PM   #212
BIGTKLO

Thank you very much for the nice words. Today was the most fun I have had on the mic in quite some time. If you make it to the track come to the booth. We had some nice races today. How about D'funnything? He is a racehorse.

Last edited by BIGTKLO; 09-10-2016 at 07:07 PM.
BIGTKLO is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2016, 08:54 PM   #213
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Dan, I told them in May. It's a joke. Roberts Communications says everything is fine on their end and my video department leader says everything is fine on our end. I am so annoyed that it has not been rectified and here I am still dealing with it. I truly apologize. I could go off many fronts but I'll just keep it all to myself. Our racing secretary has resigned effective as of the end of the season. Bill Couch has been good for Finger Lakes, but even he has pulled a Roberto Duran.
Tony, I appreciate getting back to me with that info.. if even you can't convince them to fix it (or even acknowledge it), I guess there's little point in me making a fuss. Maybe I'll try headphones

It has indeed been a frustrating season at the thumb, and that's just from my limited perspective as a fan and occasional bettor. Can't imagine how frustrating it's been for you, and all the other dedicated track employees. I'd say it's likely to get worse before it gets better, but let's just hope the better even happens..

Thanks again for all your efforts and professionalism!
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2016, 09:23 PM   #214
BIGTKLO

Dan, I appreciate your support of Finger Lakes and once again I have alerted the head of video about this ongoing issue. It's a shame because Dave Mattice really knows Finger Lakes races and he provides some good info on a daily basis.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:26 PM   #215
BIGTKLO

Horse Races Now or Twin Spires seem to have the volume at a higher level for what is worth, but it's not much. It must be me lol. C'mon Man I have toned down.

Last edited by BIGTKLO; 09-10-2016 at 09:29 PM.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:32 PM   #216
chenoa

Quote:
Horse Races Now or Twin Spires seem to have the volume at a higher level for what is worth, but it's not much. It must be me lol. C'mon Man I have toned down.
Volume for Canadian players watching/playing thru HPI sucks as well. A shame, enjoy your calls very much Tony.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:06 AM   #217
cmp92

Quote:
Thank you very much for the nice words. Today was the most fun I have had on the mic in quite some time. If you make it to the track come to the booth. We had some nice races today. How about D'funnything? He is a racehorse.
I'll be sure to stop by. Yes, he was great today. Quick question, is there a track rule where jockeys must wear a cap corresponding to the saddle cloth? I haven't seen the number on jockeys' caps elsewhere.
cmp92 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2016, 08:15 AM   #218
eqitec

Finger Lakes Flyfest

You might also try to get something done about the numerous aggressive flies zooming around the paddock room as of 2 Saturday's past.
eqitec is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2016, 02:37 PM   #219
lamboguy

this place has to be over 50% favorites this year so far, with most of them under even money. i have no idea how to make money on these because most of them are pounded down.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-15-2016, 07:47 AM   #220
Big Peps

You have to play something like a $25 pick 3 with two singles and take a shot in 1 race with a couple horses it's really the only way I have found. It still never pays all that well.

Yesterday in the last few races had some decent pay outs. The last race yesterday was 7-1 as the Englehart horse was probably the 4th best horse in there but went off 4-5.
Big Peps is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-15-2016, 08:08 AM   #221
lamboguy

its pretty simple, the trainers that have the good exercise riders, give their horses powerpac's and vitamin's and horses that get good blacksmiths are the horses that win.-------- they charge about $60 for day rates with small purses, but they get the job done.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:20 AM   #222
BIGTKLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
this place has to be over 50% favorites this year so far, with most of them under even money. i have no idea how to make money on these because most of them are pounded down.

The pick5 paid over 5K, which was the entire pool.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:27 AM   #223
lamboguy

Quote:
The pick5 paid over 5K, which was the entire pool.
tony, it wasn't long ago that the place was doing $2million a day handles with all the influx of horses they got from other places. it was truly a great meet every year. these days they are carding Massbred races and still they are very challenged putting on a full card every day. the racing secretary deserves more than a gold star for the great job he's done for the place this year, he must have mirrors.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:34 AM   #224
BIGTKLO

Bill is a great guy too bad he has resigned. He can't deal with it anymore and who can blame him.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:39 AM   #225
BIGTKLO

Morale is extremely low.