Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-04-2017, 01:50 AM   #226
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
There are many 'climate cycles' lasting for years

here is one tied to the sun's magnetic activity that lasts 'roughly 100,000 years'

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0607073439.htm

for the dimocrats - a cycle normally varies from high to low and back to high then low, .....
Now you post something that is the best post in the last 15 in the thread, what did you eat today?
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2017, 03:10 AM   #227
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
One paper from 2000 that speculates a very tenuous connection about LONG TERM trends only
100,000 year cycles have little to do with to accelerating rate of current climate change.

https://www.wunderground.com/resourc...uptclimate.asp

Quote:
We generally consider climate changes as taking place on the scale of hundreds or even thousands of years. However, since the early 1990s, a radical shift in the scientific understanding of Earth's climate history has occurred. We now know that that major regional and global climate shifts have occurred in just a few decades or even a single year.
https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 203_co2-graph-021116.jpeg (288.6 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by hcap; 11-04-2017 at 03:17 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2017, 07:09 AM   #228
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
I've forwarded your conclusion (I added a "Rush Limbaugh said so too") to the appropriate agency, I'm very confident I'll get a message back soon thanking me and announcing that all future climate change research has been suspended.

Good work!
Dan, you are aware that the planet has gone through FOUR climate changes in the past 150 years, have you not. This one won't last long either. You should be thanking this most recent warm up as the worlds GDP has skyrocketed due to the increase in agriculture as more land is available for crops and for a longer growing season. If the Earth warms two more degrees over the next 50 years the benefits will be enormous for humans, but unfortunately that is not going to happen as a cooling spell is on the way.

One last thing, Dan, since you are so concerned with global warming, how much of your disposable income have you sent in to help keep hundreds of millions of people from perishing from the earth as your liberal friends claim. Al Gore is worth 100 million and yet I do not see him giving away 99 million to the fund so people can live. What a hypocrite, he doesn't believe this crap, he is making millions for himself.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:37 AM   #229
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
According to the latest annual UN report on the "emissions gap," the Paris agreement will provide only a third of the cuts in greenhouse gas that environmentalists claim is needed to prevent catastrophic warming. If every country involved in those accords abides by their pledges between now and 2030 — which is a dubious proposition — temperatures will still rise by 3 degrees C by 2100. The goal of the Paris agreement was to keep the global temperature increase to under 2 degrees.

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...l-was-a-fraud/
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2017, 07:12 AM   #230
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
100,000 year cycles have little to do with to accelerating rate of current climate change.

https://www.wunderground.com/resourc...uptclimate.asp

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
Let's pick a time scale for CO2 levels not intended to support a slanted view, and where the levels are not lost in the noise. Since geologists tell us that CO2 levels in the past have been 10-15 times higher than today, and average temps 15 degrees C higher, it appears to a rudimentary chart analyst we're simply bouncing off the lows.

Geological_Timescale.jpg

There's a case to be made about the negative impact of burning fossil fuels, and that would be due to the impact of pollutants on the environment, as in higher mercury levels in fish or acid rain. "Climate change" is a losing battle, and is easily proven to be filled with propaganda on both sides, with the real crisis of the end of the low-cost energy era not being addressed.

Climate change is an issue that becomes moot as violence and wars erupt over the dwindling deposits of fossil fuels.

Last edited by Parkview_Pirate; 11-06-2017 at 07:18 AM.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2017, 11:09 AM   #231
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Oh, sure if you go and introduce common sense and logic.....
Old 11-06-2017, 05:19 PM   #232
chadk66

once again I wish this global warming we were promised would hurry up already. 9 degrees this morning. froze my ass off. I guess I'm going to have to retired and live in AZ in the winter to get me some of this global warming.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2017, 05:59 PM   #233
Parkview_Pirate

Current administration now on board

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/03/c...te-report.html

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Directly contradicting much of the Trump administration’s position on climate change, 13 federal agencies unveiled an exhaustive scientific report on Friday that says humans are the dominant cause of the global temperature rise that has created the warmest period in the history of civilization.
More cherry picking.

Quote:
“I’m quite confident to say there has been no political interference on the message,” said David Fahey, a NOAA scientist and a lead author of the report. “Whatever fears we had weren’t realized.”
Really?

Quote:
“This profoundly affects our ability to be leaders in developing new technologies and understanding how to build successful communities and businesses in the 21st century,” said Christopher Field, director of the Stanford Woods Institute for the Environment. “Choosing to be dumb about our relationship with the natural world is choosing to be behind the eight ball.”
Translation: The beatings will continue until morale improves, education will continue until all the worker drones repeat our mantra verbatim, and the climate change issue will not go away until the masses do our bidding - which means agree to funneling the vast majority of wealth to us....the elites.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2017, 08:57 PM   #234
davew

OMG, I just heard that daily heat comes from the SUN.

I still wonder where Gore was when he mentioned a million degrees at the earth core - maybe he came back from hell?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-21-2018, 09:11 PM   #235
davew

It has been a long cold winter in the United States. I feel sorry for the people in the South Indian Ocean, because they must be much warmer than usual so that 2018 can be one of the warmest 10 years in history...
Old 03-22-2018, 09:45 AM   #236
chadk66

like I said I wish global warming would hurry up and get here. so damn sick of winters.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2018, 09:47 AM   #237
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Amen.
We've had 106 inches of global warming so far and that is plenty!
Old 03-22-2018, 10:28 AM   #238
buzzy

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...perature-rises
buzzy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2018, 10:57 AM   #239
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
So the hot air at the north pole is pushing colder air south. maybe the magnetic poles are in the process of flipping.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:50 AM   #240
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
So the hot air at the north pole is pushing colder air south. maybe the magnetic poles are in the process of flipping.
:

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: