Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 02:58 AM   #5866
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
In religion, we each have different intuition skills, knowledge of physics, knowledge of philosophy and religious texts, and get to set our own standards for what we believe.
Problems arise when some religious types claim to knows science and "absolute" morality based on their beliefs and venture out into controlling education and the courts claiming "divine" revelation. Often leading to how we should socially interact based on their parochial beliefs.

Or those that proclaim one religion is the only religion that should be believed or politically supported.

Last edited by hcap; 03-22-2018 at 03:04 AM.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:11 AM   #5867
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Problems arise when secular humanism types claim to knows science and evolutionary-based morality based on their beliefs in evolution and venture out into controlling education and the courts claiming "scientific" knowledge is the source of all true knowledge. Often leading to how we should socially interact based on their parochial beliefs.

Or those that proclaim no religion is valid or necessary and that human secularism should be believed or politically supported.
Fixed all your projections.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:59 AM   #5868
boxcar

Quote:
You the one who goes on and on about knowing how god thinks.

Again the very small is imprecise or fuzzy, not the macroscopic or very large, not what you claim wrongly is the "real world.

When did I ever claim Fuzzy logic should be used on the human scale, or I should use it?

Boxcarian logic here on the human scale is what is fuzzy. Your post is meaningless. Come back when you are not so fuzzy, Dimmy
So, the scientists who use Fuzzy Logic aren't human?

Also, you did use Fuzzy Logic in an attempt to show that the Laws of Logic are invalid. Are you this senile that you have forgotten what you have done already?

And the real world is this world in which human thought and human communications take place. Therefore, this real world must be governed by the Laws of Logic, that were systematized in Classical Logic, to make rational and intelligent communication possible.

But you are a prime example of a caged quantum mechanics lab rat who is incapable of discerning what is real and what is merely theoretical. If this isn't the real world, then your precious beloved fuzzy logic in your quantum mechanics world should be able to rationally explain and make sense for us these kinds of statements: "The water is dry today."

Or "I can't read or write anything in English."

Or "All dogs and some dogs are black."

Or "Sparky sleeps well every night on his nice soft, fluffy bed of rocks."

Or "The flame from the blow torch felt cool to the touch."

Since Fuzzy Logic, apparently, is real logic in the real world of quantum mechanics and the end all and be all of all logic and beats the living tar out of all the classical laws of logic in this make-believe, macroscopic world, then Shirley, Spooky, you should be able to make rational sense of all these statements and explain them to us, apart from any great deal of cerebral Entanglement with them either. These kinds or statements should pose no problem to you whatsoever because great, god-like minds embrace, relish and love these kinds of contradictions!
Old 03-22-2018, 09:35 AM   #5869
classhandicapper

Quote:
Problems arise when some religious types claim to knows science and "absolute" morality based on their beliefs and venture out into controlling education and the courts claiming "divine" revelation. Often leading to how we should socially interact based on their parochial beliefs.

Or those that proclaim one religion is the only religion that should be believed or politically supported.
Problems also arise when the people that insist on scientific proof of God demean people that feel strongly about their religious convictions and dismiss standards of morality that have yielded positive results for centuries because they believe all life choices are subjective and equal.

As a libertarian I believe people should be free to choose from many possibilities as long as they aren't harming others. That doesn't mean I think all the possible choices will produce equal results for individuals or society. I think we should encourage choices that produce demonstrably superior results.

However, problems can arise when hard line anti religion folks confuse religion with statistics and claim that any effort to improve results is driven by religion.

But we've been down this path already. There's not much reason to discuss it further.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 03-22-2018 at 09:42 AM.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:44 AM   #5870
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Problems also arise when the people that insist on 100% scientific proof of God demean people that feel strongly about their religious convictions and dismiss standards of morality that have yielded positive results for centuries because they believe all life choices are subjective and equal.
So many millions of people around the world have similar beliefs - Christian, Muslim, Jewish all have strong similarities within their specific religions.

I think the existence of a God is peer-reviewed and the consensus is He exists.

Hey, that's been good enough for GW....just saying.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:08 AM   #5871
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
So, the scientists who use Fuzzy Logic aren't human?

I never said anything remotely like this nonsense. Quote me

Also, you did use Fuzzy Logic in an attempt to show that the Laws of Logic are invalid. Are you this senile that you have forgotten what you have done already?

Bull shit.! I never said anything remotely like this nonsense. Quote me

And the real world is this world in which human thought and human communications take place. Therefore, this real world must be governed by the Laws of Logic, that were systematized in Classical Logic, to make rational and intelligent communication possible.

Delusional as usual. Do you live and communicate on the sun ?

But you are a prime example of a caged quantum mechanics lab rat who is incapable of discerning what is real and what is merely theoretical. If this isn't the real world, then your precious beloved fuzzy logic in your quantum mechanics world should be able to rationally explain and make sense for us these kinds of statements: "The water is dry today."

Or "I can't read or write anything in English."

Or "All dogs and some dogs are black."

Or "Sparky sleeps well every night on his nice soft, fluffy bed of rocks."

Or "The flame from the blow torch felt cool to the touch."

Since Fuzzy Logic, apparently, is real logic in the real world of quantum mechanics and the end all and be all of all logic and beats the living tar out of all the classical laws of logic in this make-believe, macroscopic world, then Shirley, Spooky, you should be able to make rational sense of all these statements and explain them to us, apart from any great deal of cerebral Entanglement with them either. These kinds or statements should pose no problem to you whatsoever because great, god-like minds embrace, relish and love these kinds of contradictions!
I think I am going to ignore you. You have not had a rational conversation, only insults Dimmy
Old 03-22-2018, 11:13 AM   #5872
hcap

Quote:
Problems also arise when the people that insist on scientific proof of God demean people that feel strongly about their religious convictions and dismiss standards of morality that have yielded positive results for centuries because they believe all life choices are subjective and equal.
Not I or Actor have demeaned anyone but boxcar and his pseudo-scientific pile dreams. Why has he demeaned me for accepting other religions?
Why does he venture into subjects he does not know?

You are fond of false equivalencies
Old 03-22-2018, 11:23 AM   #5873
boxcar

Quote:
I think I am going to ignore you. You have not had a rational conversation, only insults Dimmy

So, let me...human scientists didn't conduct the Casimir Experiment?

And human scientists didn't invent the notion of "fuzzy logic"?

And you didn't try to con us with your literal interpretation of the results which were inferred from the experiment?

And with that interpretation you didn't further try to con us and tell us that your literal interpretation of the results invalidated the LNC?

But you have been correct in one thing all along: This macroscopic world in which we live and breathe and think and communicate is unquestionably NOT YOUR reality.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:27 AM   #5874
hcap

Quote:
As a libertarian I believe people should be free to choose from many possibilities as long as they aren't harming others. That doesn't mean I think all the possible choices will produce equal results for individuals or society. I think we should encourage choices that produce demonstrably superior result
You tend to believe traditional conservative religious households "produce demonstrably superior result" although the USA in general has lowered all violent crimes since the advent of a more non religious set of beliefs.

Unfortunately this off topic board, buys it hook line and sinker. 50% of threads on off topic demean liberals, democrats and progressives. I agree there uis no point listening to you guys going on and on about the end of western civilization.

Btw,

Bill Clinton/Presidential term
January 20, 1993 – January 20, 200

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-27-2018 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:35 AM   #5875
boxcar

Quote:
Not I or Actor have demeaned anyone but boxcar and his pseudo-scientific pile dreams. Why has he demeaned me for accepting other religions?
Why does he venture into subjects he does not know?

You are fond of false equivalencies
Tell us about all the other religions you "accept" but never practice! (You're sounding like Light who believes in Jesus but never believes him.)

And the better question is why do you venture into subjects you don't know?
Chances are numerous that it's very likely you never had the foggiest notion about the classical laws of logic until you met me on this thread. You were the one who injected yourself into my little discussion with Sparky about the self-defeating nature of a finite universe model. But you're another one who always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, even though you have ducked so many questions so often. (To this day, I'm still waiting for a cogent answer to the two questions I have often posed to you regarding the "arrow of time" -- but I suspect icebergs, caused by AGW here on planet earth, will form on the sun before you come up with any intelligent, coherent answers!)
Old 03-22-2018, 11:40 AM   #5876
boxcar

Quote:
You tend to believe traditional conservative religious households "produce demonstrably superior result" although the USA in general has lowered all violent crimes since the advent of a more non religious set of beliefs.

Unfortunately this off topic board, buys it hook line and sinker. 50% of threads on off topic demean liberals, democrats and progressives. I agree there uis no point listening to you guys going on and on about the end of western civilization.
Do those stats include all the violent deaths caused by abortions-on-demand?

And since crime is down so much, what is all this loud, clanging, irritable noise about more stringent gun control laws? Why would they be necessary?
Old 03-22-2018, 11:42 AM   #5877
boxcar

Quote:
Thanks for the warning.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:43 AM   #5878
hcap

You are on ignore.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:47 AM   #5879
boxcar

Quote:
You are on ignore.
I guess this is a cyber-space way of waving the right flag.

But I know you'll be back. Anyone who thinks he has all the answers from science won't be able to resist.

Meanwhile...stay warm in your quantum mechanics security blanket.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:32 PM   #5880
hcap

Although I think ultimately a woman's right to choose out weighs outlawing abortion, I would prefer she and partner, find an alternative. However under Democrats the end of western civilization righties are consonantly warning us about, Democrats are not worse than repugs.

The sharpest drops in abortion rates in America have been under Democratic presidents

https://qz.com/857273/the-sharpest-d...ic-presidents/

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-27-2018 at 02:53 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: