Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-12-2018, 09:17 PM   #61
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
I’ve seen and heard as much racism from blacks or natives towards whites as I’ve seen the other way around. I agree with your Deep South segregation comment. I spent a winter in Birmingham and some time in Louisiana. That’s probably the most visible racist attitudes I’ve see also. But the rest of the country is pretty benign.
In handicapping we call that a small sample size; very unreliable.
But thanks for your input, it's always welcome
Old 08-12-2018, 10:58 PM   #62
chadk66

I'm not sure where all this racism exists that the left is always screaming about. Anybody know where this all is?
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2018, 01:37 AM   #63
davew

Quote:
I'm not sure where all this racism exists that the left is always screaming about. Anybody know where this all is?
the big democrat controlled cities and surrounding areas
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2018, 02:43 AM   #64
CincyHorseplayer

Racism is front and center. White prejudice is evident. But black prejudice is otherworldly. Because they are prejudice against life itself not just white people. The most dangerous human being to a black human being is another black human being. It's not a racial stereotype it's a fact.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2018, 06:03 AM   #65
Inner Dirt

Quote:

A lot of it is in the figment of a person's imagination. Back a couple decades ago before becoming self employed I was a low level supervisor at a large aerospace company. I often heard people from south of the border complain that company wide racism made their rate of advancement through the pay grades slower than the "gringos." Every single employee that made such a statement had an extremely over inflated assessment of their skill level and value to the company. Minorities were well represented in management and higher level hourly positions in that company, the people claiming racism were 100% wrong.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2018, 05:24 PM   #66
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
A lot of it is in the figment of a person's imagination. Back a couple decades ago before becoming self employed I was a low level supervisor at a large aerospace company. I often heard people from south of the border complain that company wide racism made their rate of advancement through the pay grades slower than the "gringos." Every single employee that made such a statement had an extremely over inflated assessment of their skill level and value to the company. Minorities were well represented in management and higher level hourly positions in that company, the people claiming racism were 100% wrong.
i think your exactly right. Compared to thirty or forty years ago it’s virtually non existent. Let along 50-100 years ago. Maybe those minorities complaining should get a taste of what real racism was like. It’s actually an embarrassment to those that actually suffered racism.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:47 PM   #67
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Quote:
i think your exactly right. Compared to thirty or forty years ago it’s virtually non existent. Let along 50-100 years ago. Maybe those minorities complaining should get a taste of what real racism was like. It’s actually an embarrassment to those that actually suffered racism.

I live in a county that is basically 1/3 black 2/3 white, it seems we all get along fine here. Let us just say we have a young black girl who gets her first job as a grocery clerk in a small town market. For the record I live in a small town. This young black girl running the register unfortunately reads too many of the media stories about racism directed at people of color. She is very friendly and chats all the customers up as she scans their items. An elderly white lady comes through her line and refuses to acknowledge her presence other than paying her bill while looking down. Because of what the media has fed her she instantly assumes the old white lady is a racist who flies a Confederate flag in her lawn, when the real reason for the negative interaction is the old white lady is not comfortable around strangers and a germophobe.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:55 PM   #68
Inner Dirt

Quote:

There are people that compare Colin Kaepernick and what he has done and lived through to Martin Luther King and Muhammad Ali, I kid the not. I do acknowledge Obama tried real hard to bring back the civil unrest of the 60's with all the race riots under his watch, but fortunately they have died down.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:27 PM   #69
chadk66

Quote:
There are people that compare Colin Kaepernick and what he has done and lived through to Martin Luther King and Muhammad Ali, I kid the not. I do acknowledge Obama tried real hard to bring back the civil unrest of the 60's with all the race riots under his watch, but fortunately they have died down.
they have died down because many of those causing the ruckus are now employed
Old 08-14-2018, 09:42 PM   #70
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Since the Summer of 2015 until this morning all I read from the Washington Post, New York Times and in watching the liberal cable/TV channels is that President Donald J. Trump is a racist!

Just forget that despite having a 40 year or so public career, Trump has never before been accused of racism or anti-semitism of any kind -- until, that is, since he became a presidential candidate, of course.
You've got to keep up. He's been tagged as a racist since 1973 when the DOJ sued him for housing discrimination.

You don't have to look very hard to find times when he's insulted African Americans, the Japanese, Native Americans, Muslim Americans and Latinos. I'm not sure what you call it, but it sure seems like racism is the appropriate descriptor.

In other words, he has been accused of racism multiple times and long before his presidential campaign.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2018, 10:11 PM   #71
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
You've got to keep up. He's been tagged as a racist since 1973 when the DOJ sued him for housing discrimination.

You don't have to look very hard to find times when he's insulted African Americans, the Japanese, Native Americans, Muslim Americans and Latinos. I'm not sure what you call it, but it sure seems like racism is the appropriate descriptor.

In other words, he has been accused of racism multiple times and long before his presidential campaign.

He's a Nationalist Rich, has nothing to do with racism unless YOU lean severely to the left....

Last edited by thaskalos; 08-14-2018 at 10:35 PM.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2018, 11:40 PM   #72
horses4courses

So....at what point did the slate get wiped clean?
According to many around here, racism directed by blacks against whites
is plain off the charts. The shame of it all! After all - how could they???

They really should just get up out of bed one day having forgotten all that has
happened. Not only to them but to their parents, their parent's parents, and
ancestors from generations before that. Hell yeah....this is the 21st century!
Time to forgive and forget. Live in the present. How dare they bear a grudge!

You're just honest, hard working, folks trying to make a living.
The last thing you need is someone with a chip on their shoulder trying to
make you feel badly about yourselves and your heritage.
This is the land of opportunity, for crisakes. Quit your belly aching!

What this country needs a massive, concerted, effort to combat racism.
Know where it starts? In elementary schools - everywhere.

Children are born without a racist notion in their heads.
Parents are the ones who sew the seeds - and they should be held accountable.
In my humble opinion, a mandatory program should be introduced in all public
schools where the child must be accompanied by parents or guardians in educational sessions on racial harmony. Four, or five, sessions of an hour each, without which no child can progress into middle school. Harsh lesson? Maybe so.

No.
It won't suddenly make racism vanish.
If someone has a better idea on how to teach our kids to treat others with the
respect that they themselves would want from others, then I'd love to hear it.
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2018, 02:44 AM   #73
hcap

My first best friend as I recall was black kid named Vaughn.
Our school was predominately white and Jewish. Bronx NY
At that time it never occurred to us there was anything odd about our friendship.
65 years ago.

Didn't last long until we found out differently.

.................................................. ..........
You've Got to Be Carefully Taught
..Richard Rodgers

You've got to be taught to hate and fear
You've got to be taught from year to year
It's got to be drummed in your dear little ear
You've got to be carefully taught

You've got to be taught to be afraid
Of people whose eyes are oddly made
And people whose skin is a diff'rent shade

You've got to be taught before it's too late
Before you are six or seven or eight
To hate all the people your relatives hate
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2018, 11:58 AM   #74
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The school of the democrats, the KKK did a lot of teaching.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:53 PM   #75
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
The school of the democrats, the KKK did a lot of teaching.
Did you attend KKK school?

Btw, Richard Rodgers wrote some decent stuff.
If you are able to stop listening to such stellar talents as Ted Nugent or believing "cosmic" philosophers like Sarah Palin
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: