Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-15-2018, 04:52 PM   #46
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The whole point of employing newer (not new...this is still old stuff) technology on this board was so people COULD imbed their tweets...I don't have a problem with Andy embedding his tweets...
Old 07-15-2018, 06:03 PM   #47
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
Yo, man, didn't what happened to Biggie and Tupac serve as a lesson regarding these East side West side feuds. And furthermore, SPA runs 6 days a week and often cards 11 races a day whereas DM runs 4 days, maybe five and often has 8 races on weekdays. Apples and oranges. And further furthermore, it rains in the Northeast, turf races get taken off... ergo nota bene SPA wins this contest.
Not sure about Biggie and Tupac, but I agree Saratoga's racing is quite a bit better than Del Mar's when you take into account the denser racing calendar.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2018, 06:08 PM   #48
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Not sure about Biggie and Tupac, but I agree Saratoga's racing is quite a bit better than Del Mar's when you take into account the denser racing calendar.
it should be, the east half the country to feed into, and also the west coast dirt horses swooping in to steal the purses.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2018, 07:52 PM   #49
anotherCAfan

Hope it doesn't rain for opening day, and hope for safe, competitive races.
anotherCAfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2018, 09:26 PM   #50
Andy Asaro

Del Mar Turf Cam West

https://www.dmtc.com/media/webcam/turf
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2018, 10:34 PM   #51
MadVindication

I enjoy the embedded tweets. It's nice to see some pics in a thread and they are interesting articles. So many curmudgeons 'round here, which is charming in it's own way.

and I'm sold on betting Del Mar....and Saratoga for that matter. It's all new and exciting to me. Really like the Del Mar lone ticket bonus for that pick five.

Looking forward to the Jim dandy Stakes at Saratoga.
MadVindication is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2018, 10:43 PM   #52
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadVindication View Post
I enjoy the embedded tweets. It's nice to see some pics in a thread and they are interesting articles. So many curmudgeons 'round here, which is charming in it's own way.

and I'm sold on betting Del Mar....and Saratoga for that matter. It's all new and exciting to me. Really like the Del Mar lone ticket bonus for that pick five.

Looking forward to the Jim dandy Stakes at Saratoga.
They are tremendous meets, and both have risen in quality as the boutique meet seems to have gained even more glamor than I can ever recall.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:15 PM   #53
MadVindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
They are tremendous meets, and both have risen in quality as the boutique meet seems to have gained even more glamor than I can ever recall.
Excellent. you have any tips for handicapping there?

I'm liking the Wednesday card a lot so far. A couple dirt routes I'll probably like for tris and supers. Gonna take a look at the PPs tonight. Nice to get a few days start.
MadVindication is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2018, 11:17 PM   #54
elhelmete

Quote:

I'm liking the Wednesday card a lot so far. A couple dirt routes I'll probably like for tris and supers. Gonna take a look at the PPs tonight. Nice to get a few days start.
Look for horses with good records on the 6.5f downhill course at SA, and bet them on a flat mile at DMR.
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2018, 11:20 PM   #55
elhelmete

Quote:

If you're there in person...

Get there early, like right when the gates open.

Walk into the clubhouse by the PEB painting, and go to the betting machines and TVs all the way to the right. You will see a handful of hardcore east coast simo players.

You may also see prominent trainers punching tickets before they get busy with the day.

Look for those trainers horses on that day's card and watch the tote.
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2018, 11:33 PM   #56
GMB@BP

Quote:

You can pretty much toss the inside two posts at Del Mar in sprints, since they changed the track up a few years ago those two posts seems to get out slower. Its not fool proof but takes a heck of an effort to win.

I have none for Saratoga, I am not a good enough player, despite spending hundreds of hours last year charting races. I suppose just bet Chad Brown on turf, at worst you will break even or even make a little.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:56 PM   #57
theiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
You can pretty much toss the inside two posts at Del Mar in sprints, since they changed the track up a few years ago those two posts seems to get out slower. Its not fool proof but takes a heck of an effort to win.

You might want to check out the Post Position results for the 2017 Summer Meet.
The inside wasnt as horrible as many think.

https://www.dmtc.com/handicapping/pp...17&meet=summer
theiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2018, 12:05 AM   #58
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by theiman View Post
You might want to check out the Post Position results for the 2017 Summer Meet.
The inside wasnt as horrible as many think.

https://www.dmtc.com/handicapping/pp...17&meet=summer
yes, there are a few anomalies since the sample size is small but I made trip notes of every race and speed horses were compromised, less so for presser/closers.

I am very confident in outright discounting the chances of any horse who needs the lead or near it from those posts, the large the field the worse it is.

This year with data base work I will be able to track it better from an odds and running style standpoint, and can revisit my conclusion after the meet.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:57 AM   #59
Andy Asaro

Old 07-16-2018, 12:37 PM   #60
Andy Asaro

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: