Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-25-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
rolling

Going to the spa

Me and the wife going to saratoga this sunday monday never was up there any suggestions how long of a drive from long island.
rolling is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #2
sonnyp

you don't mention where on long island you'll be leaving from so from the tapanzee bridge figure about 3hrs. plus whatever it'll take you to get to tapanzee.

straight shot up ny thruway to rte.87 northway (saratoga-montreal) exit 14- rte.9 north.
sonnyp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2011, 01:04 PM   #3
Ocala Mike

Going to the spa

I used to take the Taconic (for a more exciting driving experience) but watch out for the troopers and the falling rocks!

Should take you around 4-1/2 to 5 hours from "close-in" Long Island.

Other advice for a visit to the Spa? Bring plenty of green, and big appetites, and don't play a lot of chalk.

Ocala Mike
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2011, 03:28 PM   #4
Vinman

With ongoing construction at Northway exit 14, I recommend using exit 13N, which I always use anyway. From there proceed north, on what becomes South Broadway, past PJ's Barbecue & the state park entrance, past Crescent Ave and take the NEXT right, onto Crescent STREET, opposite the Museum of Dance & Lincoln Baths. Take that to the 4 way stop sign at Jefferson. Make a left there and make the second right (after Steele St) onto Wright St, which leads to the track. From there you can opt to park in someone's yard (there will be no shortage of homeowners waving you into their yard).....pricing will increase the closer you get to the track. You can ignore them and try your luck on the street by turning right on any of the "President streets" between Jefferson & Nelson. I usually park on Jefferson "for the exercise", just a couple of blocks from where the locals start charging. If you opt for on street parking, be sure to check the signs. There is always free parking available on Jefferson. The side of the street you can park on changes each day, per the signs. It's about a 12 minute walk from St. Jefferson to the circle of lawn jockeys outside the clubhouse entrance. You can enter the grandstand at that entrance as well.

Enjoy.....Vinman

Last edited by Vinman; 07-25-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Vinman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2011, 09:56 PM   #5
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling
Me and the wife going to saratoga this sunday monday never was up there any suggestions how long of a drive from long island.
So how'd ya do? Trip up ok?
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2011, 10:36 PM   #6
sonnyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
So how'd ya do? Trip up ok?

i'm pretty sure, since the OP was on monday, the trip is on 7/31-8/1
sonnyp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2011, 11:06 PM   #7
Robert Fischer
clean money