Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-28-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
lsbets

Proud of my daughter

Taking a second to brag about my 6 year old daughter Rachel. She was just officially chosen for the gymnastics team program at the World Olympics Gymnastics Academy. WOGA is literally the best gym in the country. The last two women's Olympic All Around Gold Medalists went there. People move from all over the country to get their daughters in the gym. You can't sign your child up for the team program there, they have to be picked. She loves gymnastics, we can't get her to stop. I'm amazed that my daughter has such a great opportunity.
lsbets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
Overlay

Congratulations! That's great news!
Overlay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
highnote

I see a Wheaties cover in your daughter's future!

Congratulations!!
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2011, 07:35 PM   #4
sonnyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbets
Taking a second to brag about my 6 year old daughter Rachel. She was just officially chosen for the gymnastics team program at the World Olympics Gymnastics Academy. WOGA is literally the best gym in the country. The last two women's Olympic All Around Gold Medalists went there. People move from all over the country to get their daughters in the gym. You can't sign your child up for the team program there, they have to be picked. She loves gymnastics, we can't get her to stop. I'm amazed that my daughter has such a great opportunity.
grew up in upstae ny. as a kid, we fished the ausable river which is in the lake placid neighborhood. lake placid is the home of the winter olympic training facility (ski jumps, bobsled runs). facinating to spend time watching athletes of that calibur train.

where is the gym located ?

best of luck to her.
sonnyp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #5
ArlJim78

you must be busting your buttons with pride. quite an honor for her to be chosen for that level. give my regards to Bela Karolyi
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2011, 07:51 PM   #6
bigmack

I was 20 before I learned to tie my shoes. They say 6 in gymnastics is like 48 in bowling. I haven't the slightest idea what that means but it means a lot to be a proud Pops. Good for her & your fam.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2011, 07:52 PM   #7
trackrat59

That's very cool. Thanks for sharing the news with us. I wish her all the best.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:59 PM   #8
Grits

Isbets, I can think of nothing in the world that can make dads beam more than their little girls. I hope Rachel will continue to love and thrive in her gymnastics world. Much discipline and such hard work is involved, but the passion to carry it all onward is already, long in place.

Happy for you all, especially Rachel!! I'll bet she's as tiny as a "wood sprite."
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2011, 08:23 PM   #9
ElKabong

Thumbs up

Congrats!
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2011, 08:26 PM   #10
Tape Reader

I am so happy for you. And of course, your daughter. Congratulations!
Tape Reader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2011, 08:37 PM   #11
prospector

that's great! happy for your family...
Old 04-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #12
Let's Roll

I like good news and this is the best kind ! Congratulations to you and Rachel, way to go !!!!

......they can do whatever they want if they want to.
Let's Roll is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2011, 08:50 PM   #13
lamboguy

Quote:
that is as good as it gets, bigtime congrats to your family. this is huge, and you should brag, its better than having the only winning pick 6 ticket.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2011, 09:02 PM   #14
Relwob Owner

Quote:

Thanks for posting and sharing the good news. Best of luck to you and your family in such an exciting time.
Relwob Owner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2011, 09:36 PM   #15
cj's dad

Way to go Dad - may you and Rachel enjoy this ride for a long time.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: