Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-27-2011, 05:30 PM   #31
ArlJim78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pell Mell
Interesting comments after the article.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/...ovement-098513

I thought it might be a credible site because Mosty uses it.
yeah i was looking at some of those comments, and they seem to make some good points. like this one.

Quote:
I noticed the possible "layers" in this document almost immediately. When I had the .pdf file of the BC open in my browser then used Command + Tab (on an Apple computer), to switch to another app, I noticed that the majority of the text disappeared. I recreated the effect numerous times. As others have suggested, when you open the BC in Acrobat (full version) and strip out the "Metadata" and "Deleted or cropped content" this SAME EXACT TEXT disappears leaving only a few bits of type, date stamps and all or part of three signatures: his mother, the attendant and the local registrar. Also, some of the digits used in the Aug. 8, 1961 date stamp disappear. The full background and the April 25, 2011 stamp remain. I am making no "birther" claims, but CLEARLY this document has been altered. If it had been photographed or scanned, the pixels containing all the information (the document background, the type, the signatures, date stamps and the check marks) would be part of ONE pixelated image. As someone who uses Photoshop/Adobe Creative Suite daily, it is my belief that had the BC been scanned or photographed, the layering would not happen. Again, I am making NO "birther" claims or conclusions. But I believe this document has been altered.
and here's another one that is hard to explain.
Quote:
After reading up, and looking at all the conspiracies, there is one clear point that proves this is fake. The fact that the "M" in Male does not curve with the line under it. I would love a lefty to tell me why this is not the ultimate smoking gun.

Last edited by ArlJim78; 04-27-2011 at 05:36 PM.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2011, 05:40 PM   #32
prospector

so, you got a 25 year old black man knocking up a 17 year old white girl..she was 18 when he was born..
when were they married?
is 17 legal in Hawaii..
Old 04-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #33
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
Hey, Bud. I thought it was your position, there was no long form
You thought wrong. My position was that the BC provided by the Obama campaign in 2008 and certified by the HI Dept of Health was the "official" BC, which it was, and continues to be. When you request a copy of your BC from the state of HI, that's what you get.

It was mentioned several times among the various birther threads that the director of the HI Dept of Health verified that the original long form BC was on file.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #34
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
*facepalm*
Careful.. if you do that every time some dullard here says something stupid, you'll look like this in no time..

Old 04-27-2011, 05:50 PM   #35
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan
You thought wrong. My position was that the BC provided by the Obama campaign in 2008 and certified by the HI Dept of Health was the "official" BC, which it was, and continues to be. When you request a copy of your BC from the state of HI, that's what you get.

It was mentioned several times among the various birther threads that the director of the HI Dept of Health verified that the original long form BC was on file.
That's odd. I recall you posting this link numerous times.

Quote:
When we spoke to a spokeswoman for the Hawaii Department of Health, she said too much was being made of the difference between the so-called "long" and "short" forms.

"They're just words," said spokeswoman Janice Okubo. "That (what was posted on the Internet) is considered a birth certificate from the state of Hawaii."

"There's only one form of birth certificate," she said, and it's been the same since the 1980s. Birth certificates evolve over the decades, she said, and there are no doubt differences between the way birth certificates looked when Obama was born and now.

"When you request a birth certificate, the one you get looks exactly like the one posted on his site," she said. "That's the birth certificate."
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #36
FantasticDan
gelding

Isn't that what I just said? The official short form BC is what the state of HI has exclusively used since the 1980s. What does that have to do with Obama's original long form BC?
Old 04-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #37
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ'sDad
Maybe he was waiting for a better version of Photo Shop to come out ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshoe
Why only now? Why so long a delay on a very easily resolved issue? Perhaps because it was not until recently that a very authentic appearing forgery could be crafted? Our various intelligence organizations have created fake documents for decades, so good that they fooled the Soviets during the Cold War, for example. How about submitting the certificate to an outside expert to confirm its supposed 1961 origin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arljim78
Originally Posted by Pell Mell
Interesting comments after the article.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster...movement-098513

I thought it might be a credible site because Mosty uses it.

yeah i was looking at some of those comments, and they seem to make some good points. like this one.

Quote:
I noticed the possible "layers" in this document almost immediately. When I had the .pdf file of the BC open in my browser then used Command + Tab (on an Apple computer), to switch to another app, I noticed that the majority of the text disappeared. I recreated the effect numerous times. As others have suggested, when you open the BC in Acrobat (full version) and strip out the "Metadata" and "Deleted or cropped content" this SAME EXACT TEXT disappears leaving only a few bits of type, date stamps and all or part of three signatures: his mother, the attendant and the local registrar. Also, some of the digits used in the Aug. 8, 1961 date stamp disappear. The full background and the April 25, 2011 stamp remain. I am making no "birther" claims, but CLEARLY this document has been altered. If it had been photographed or scanned, the pixels containing all the information (the document background, the type, the signatures, date stamps and the check marks) would be part of ONE pixelated image. As someone who uses Photoshop/Adobe Creative Suite daily, it is my belief that had the BC been scanned or photographed, the layering would not happen. Again, I am making NO "birther" claims or conclusions. But I believe this document has been altered.

and here's another one that is hard to explain.
Quote:
After reading up, and looking at all the conspiracies, there is one clear point that proves this is fake. The fact that the "M" in Male does not curve with the line under it. I would love a lefty to tell me why this is not the ultimate smoking gun.
Pathetic. All of you. Pathetic.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #38
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan
Isn't that what I just said? The official short form BC is what the state of HI has exclusively used since the 1980s. What does that have to do with Obama's original long form BC?
Sure. You bet. That's what you were saying all along.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #39
Pell Mell
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
What is pathetic is the fact that he could have ended it a long time ago by releasing it. Pray tell, what is the logic of not being forthright and also spending more than a million bucks to fight it's release in court.

Please, where is the logic???

PS- Still questions to be answered, like was he a citizen of Indonesia? Was he a foreign student?

I still don't believe the lying bastard because every other word out of his mouth is a lie. And his actions will eventually bite him in the ass, it always does with his kind.
Pell Mell is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2011, 07:10 PM   #40
BlueShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
No, not at all. Valid doubts and questions about a very controversial and puzzling mattter that never should have been an issue in the first place.
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2011, 07:19 PM   #41
andtheyreoff

Some great stuff here. After years of asking for the BC, we finally get it, and some people say it's a fake.

What will it take for some of you: a trip back in time to witness Obama's actual birth?
andtheyreoff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2011, 07:23 PM   #42
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShoe
that never should have been an issue in the first place.
You're right...it's a joke anyone made it an issue.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #43
bigmack

Quote:
Don't tell me you have an issue with Hillary Clinton as well?
Old 04-27-2011, 07:33 PM   #44
BlueShoe

Quote:
No, it is not a laughing matter that HE made it an issue.
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #45
Mike at A+
Software Developer

Gotta love how he said we can't deal with this silliness because we have more important things to do. Immediately after his conference, he hopped on a plane and went to the Oprah Show. What an idiot.
Mike at A+ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply