Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-09-2014, 10:59 AM   #1
slihawk

7th Race at Tampa Weds

Hello
If you haven't seen it watch the replay
It should be mandatory watching in Stewards school
A least with my friends we are getting different conclusions completely and this is from guys with 50+ years of racing
slihawk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #2
Ocala Mike

7th Race at Tampa Weds

I had Sheppard's horse, the , pretty much eliminated at the break. Race was essentially a rodeo, and when that happens it's almost always an "as is" finish.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2014, 12:20 PM   #3
slihawk

I agree but we are in the minority from what Ive been hearing
Old 01-09-2014, 01:03 PM   #4
lamboguy

i watched the race too, i think Delacour horse will improve next time and win @2-1
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #5
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by slihawk
Hello
If you haven't seen it watch the replay
It should be mandatory watching in Stewards school
A least with my friends we are getting different conclusions completely and this is from guys with 50+ years of racing

The was on the rail moving up, and was heading for the outside, and right when he made the move, the and the drifted out together, but NEVER touched anyone, including each other, and the , having already committed to go around, had to go even wider. The problem is, the front two were clear of the who was already rolling past the , and sorry, the was just there, and was not moving up in the stretch, so it looked worse than it really was. Good no-call.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:01 PM   #6
overthehill

i have a different point of view. i had no play on the #9 and it was a booming longshot. but in the stretch it ranged up like it was going right by the #2 and winning the race and the #2 definitely drifted out under furious left handed whipping impeding the action of the #9 who i think would have won and been second for sure had the #2 not drifted out in deep stretch. If you are not going to take a horse down for drifting out in deep stretch under left handed whipping and causing another horse to lose position, then when are you going to take a horse down? I tried to see the head on on the replay but it was mysterioiusly unavailable when i looked.
overthehill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2014, 07:30 PM   #7
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthehill
i have a different point of view. i had no play on the #9 and it was a booming longshot. but in the stretch it ranged up like it was going right by the #2 and winning the race and the #2 definitely drifted out under furious left handed whipping impeding the action of the #9 who i think would have won and been second for sure had the #2 not drifted out in deep stretch. If you are not going to take a horse down for drifting out in deep stretch under left handed whipping and causing another horse to lose position, then when are you going to take a horse down? I tried to see the head on on the replay but it was mysterioiusly unavailable when i looked.

I played the race, had the and saw the head on ad nauseam. They both drifted at the same time, and the was an extra path from the and at no point did they come together. It was bad racing luck for the who would have won easily if he had just stayed on the rail, but who knew it would open up? The had no punch and the unluckiest horse of all was the who lost the race at the start.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:22 PM   #8
iceknight

What about the veering inward at the start and slowing the down.. before I saw this thread, that's what I thought was the reason for placing the above the ...
iceknight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2014, 09:18 AM   #9
slihawk

Like I said this race should be mandatory viewing

On another note. Ive been playing Tampa turf course since it's inception.??
This year there seems to be something wrong with the last turn (grass cut differently?) but horses seem confused making the turn.
Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 01-10-2014, 10:19 AM   #10
1st time lasix

the grass cut caused problems last year as well
1st time lasix is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2014, 10:51 AM   #11
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceknight
What about the veering inward at the start and slowing the down.. before I saw this thread, that's what I thought was the reason for placing the above the ...
Umm, the beat the