Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 11-02-2022, 11:09 AM   #1
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies

There's a lot of speed on paper...
Grand Love is likely the quickest of them all (and may run away with this if she's sharp enough), but Wonder Wheel has speed and I think Vegas Magic will show speed on the stretch out from the rail.
Saez rides Atomically, and he may push early with her as well.

Going to take a shot with NY bred You're My Girl from the 2 hole with Johnny V. Hoping he lays off a potential early war and gets the good inside stalking trip. Move her into contention early into the second turn & get the jump on the late type runners with the short finish line at Kee going 1m16.

Rosario broke her like a shot in the Frizette and got all the way over to the inside (maybe that wasn't the place to be at Aqu on Oct2?) where she fought on well when headed by Chocolate Gelato. My amateur eye says she galloped out nicely, and should be fit for this race.

10-1 ML is more than generous - I'm buying at or near that price

Good luck, and who ya' got??

Last edited by PhantomOnTour; 11-02-2022 at 11:10 AM.
PhantomOnTour is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2022, 11:25 AM   #2
usfgeology

I don’t have anywhere near a single in this race and will be spreading 5 wide possibly with Wonder Wheel, Chop Chop, Atomically, Chocolate Gelato, and Raging Sea.

Best value I see is Raging Sea (not sure if the 14 is an AE?). Gets Prat back (not that it’s an upgrade from Ortiz Jr.) but he was aboard for her maiden victory. Comments indicate a possible spoiled trip down the stretch in the Alcibiades finishing 3rd by a neck to WW and CC. Need to watch the replay but RS is nearly double the ML odds of those two.
usfgeology is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2022, 07:37 AM   #3
MarylandMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Grand Love is likely the quickest of them all (and may run away with this if she's sharp enough), but Wonder Wheel has speed and I think Vegas Magic will show speed on the stretch out from the rail.

Going to take a shot with NY bred You're My Girl from the 2 hole with Johnny V. Hoping he lays off a potential early war and gets the good inside stalking trip. Move her into contention early into the second turn & get the jump on the late type runners with the short finish line at Kee going 1m16.

Rosario broke her like a shot in the Frizette and got all the way over to the inside (maybe that wasn't the place to be at Aqu on Oct2?) where she fought on well when headed by Chocolate Gelato. My amateur eye says she galloped out nicely, and should be fit for this race.

YMG w/Johnny V at 10-1 or close to that is not the worst stab in the world in a VERY wide open race. Nice analysis you presented. I'll see your YMG and raise you one Chop Chop. Odds should be decent enough and I think he'll be ready to pounce and win. Also like Raging Sea but that post...ugh.
MarylandMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2022, 08:36 AM   #4
PalaceOfFortLarned

Chocalate Gelato feels like a serious horse. Chop Chop is a must include for me. Raging Sea gets a bad post but feels dangerous. Leave No Trace is my wild card here. Solid works. Anything over 14/1 on the is a must play for me.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2022, 09:13 AM   #5
Bennie

On paper I'm looking at the 5,7,8,10 and 14. On history, with Pletcher 0-14 last 20+ years in Juv. Fillies races and Casse 0-13, I'm going to fade the 5,8,10 and use the 7 with the 14, although I too hate the post, and toss in the 3 as my top horses but use chocolate gelato under them is exactas/tris.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2022, 03:49 PM   #6
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post

Got exactly the trip I was hoping for, but just couldn't go with these gals late.
Nice try - not quite good enough

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: