Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-31-2022, 06:04 PM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Go woke,,,,,go broke?

this company has more problems than being woke.........

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...-year-n1625561

Their prices are over the moon, always have been.
In this economy, they are doomed
Old 08-31-2022, 06:14 PM   #2
TJDave

Amazon is what broke B,B&B. You can get the same crap without getting out of your PJ’s.
Old 08-31-2022, 06:27 PM   #3
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Amazon is what broke B,B&B. You can get the same crap without getting out of your PJ’s.

Some of us like to look and touch before buying. Odd you mentioned Amazon, I only buy from them as a last resort, but once I saw they were closing Bed, Bath & Beyond, I looked on Amazon for what I buy there. It is mostly just colanders and strainers I use in my shop to clean parts and sift out tumbling media from parts.

I wonder how many percent of shoppers consider the political leanings of a business when deciding who to buy from, I never do. I am usually unaware of leanings till I read about people who want to cancel them. I know people who refuse to shop at Home Depot or eat at Chick fil-A.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2022, 01:46 AM   #4
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
For 20% less
Old 09-01-2022, 10:47 AM   #5
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Some of us like to look and touch before buying. Odd you mentioned Amazon, I only buy from them as a last resort, but once I saw they were closing Bed, Bath & Beyond, I looked on Amazon for what I buy there. It is mostly just colanders and strainers I use in my shop to clean parts and sift out tumbling media from parts.

I wonder how many percent of shoppers consider the political leanings of a business when deciding who to buy from, I never do. I am usually unaware of leanings till I read about people who want to cancel them. I know people who refuse to shop at Home Depot or eat at Chick fil-A.
Amazon is so far the best that others are laughable by comparison.

We don't worry about "touching it" because if it isn't what you expected you just send it back.

With Amazon Prime, shipping is free both ways.
(Who doesn't have Prime?)
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2022, 10:56 AM   #6
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
Amazon is so far the best that others are laughable by comparison.

We don't worry about "touching it" because if it isn't what you expected you just send it back.

With Amazon Prime, shipping is free both ways.
(Who doesn't have Prime?)

I prefer brick and mortar stores and like to patronize the local mom and pop type places if I can, I don't mind paying more. I despise Amazon, inside information, an ex part time employee of mine is now a distribution center supervisor. Very high turnover, I can't believe it isn't worse, they treat people bad based on old school warehouse worker standards. Combine that with the modern snowflake that takes entry level jobs.

The few Amazon purchases I make are usually are drop shipped from the manufacturer, they are just using Amazon for sales purposes, no problem from me there.
Old 09-01-2022, 10:59 AM   #7
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I prefer brick and mortar stores and like to patronize the local mom and pop type places if I can, I don't mind paying more. I despise Amazon, inside information, an ex part time employee of mine is now a distribution center supervisor. Very high turnover, I can't believe it isn't worse, they treat people bad based on old school warehouse worker standards. Combine that with the modern snowflake that takes entry level jobs.

The few Amazon purchases I make are usually are drop shipped from the manufacturer, they are just using Amazon for sales purposes, no problem from me there.
That's a far different story that I get from one of my long-time clients who just loves his job.
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2022, 11:14 AM   #8
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
That's a far different story that I get from one of my long-time clients who just loves his job.

This guy has no reason to lie, I believe him. On the other hand he is a beta male and a major nerd, the opposite of people like us. I do have to adjust what he is saying, trying to see things as he would, but I still think they are way overboard with how they drive the order pullers. The excessive turnover has to be effecting the bottom line. The warehouse he works in now after he got a promotion is further from DC but still close enough that I am sure a lot of the workers are offspring of government workers. Maybe upper management needs to lower their expectations a little due to the pool the workers come from. It cost money and time to train people and the longer you are on a job like that the faster you will get things done, even without trying.
Old 09-04-2022, 05:53 PM   #9
boxcar

Bed Bath & Beyond CFO Plunges to Death From NYC Skyscraper Following Mass Layoffs

https://www.theepochtimes.com/bed-ba...2BQ1fZxRnZk%3D

It's interesting that the "S" word is nowhere found in this story. I wonder how he just fell to his death?
Old 09-04-2022, 05:58 PM   #10
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Bed Bath & Beyond CFO Plunges to Death From NYC Skyscraper Following Mass Layoffs

https://www.theepochtimes.com/bed-ba...2BQ1fZxRnZk%3D

It's interesting that the "S" word is nowhere found in this story. I wonder how he just fell to his death?
It was suicide! He was facing a long prison sentence and couldn't hack it. He is a crook along with his partner in crime. He screwed over a lot of people, best that he is gone from this world.
Old 09-04-2022, 07:32 PM   #11
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
It was suicide! He was facing a long prison sentence and couldn't hack it. He is a crook along with his partner in crime. He screwed over a lot of people, best that he is gone from this world.
Bed Bath & Beyond CFO who leapt to his death accused of 'pump and dump' to inflate company's stock value
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2022, 07:45 PM   #12
TJDave

Quote:
[b][size=4]I wonder how he just fell to his death?
He tripped on a pile of guilt.
Old 09-04-2022, 08:10 PM   #13
boxcar

Quote:
There's an interesting proverb about guilt -- specifically guilt of murder:

"Anyone tormented by the guilt of murder will seek the refuge of the grave; let no one hold them back." (Prov 28:17).
Old 09-04-2022, 08:19 PM   #14
Inner Dirt

Quote:
There's an interesting proverb about guilt -- specifically guilt of murder:

"Anyone tormented by the guilt of murder will seek the refuge of the grave; let no one hold them back." (Prov 28:17).

Unfortunately most of the population does not believe in that Bible verse.
I am perfectly fine with it. I find nothing more ridiculous than putting an obvious murderer under 24-7 suicide watch while they await trial or during trial. I think they should provide then with nooses in their cells. Maybe if the tax payer money saved by suicides would be donated to feed the poor more people would get on board.
Old 09-04-2022, 10:39 PM   #15
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:

Nice! His family now gets to spend the money unencumbered

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: