Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-03-2022, 09:30 PM   #1
PowerUpPaynter

Your best futures ticket and how it changes your betting?

Im holding tickets of Zandon at 23-1 and Messier at 25-1 from offshore. At the same time I kinda think those are my top 2 picks even if i take out my bias... or try... I do think this could be a year for a bomb so im playing exotics with long above them and around those two. Also have weird feeling about Mo Donegal finishing 4th so im gonna single him there in a few super tickets. lol. Always seems like a horse from the wood finished 4th...
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2022, 11:21 PM   #2
f2tornado

I have Zandon, Smile Happy, and Charge It covered along with plenty of exacta plays with the All Others option. I used Messier a bit in final pool. Some Epicenter sprinkled in. I'm not going to let these plays dictate my wagering this time. Just cap the race and make the plays and hope I score in the pools and race day tickets. Also have some Oaks/Derby doubles with Echo Zulu leading off. Wish I used Nest there too but can cover at a lower price Friday.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2022, 07:17 PM   #3
Bennie

My best comes from the sires pool but have others that I got at good prices.
Based on sires - Messier boxed with field horses Zandon, Tiz the Bomb, White Abarrio and Crown Pride paying $207 and $155. Messier and Classic boxed for $610 and $630.
Pool 3 is Zandon boxed with (field horses Messier, Cyber,Taiba,Charge It, Crown Pride, Tiz the Bomb and 6 others for $135 and $185.
And Oaks/Derby double Nest with Epicenter ($146 and Zandon $220)
All based on $2.
I have a few others but these are the top in the 3 pools I did place a wager.
Lets just say I'm rooting for Zandon and Messier.
As far as the effect- I will cover Epicenter a little more, Taiba and Mo Donegal, since I didn't use him in the futures and some of Katherine O in the Oaks/Derby double since I only used Echo , Nest and Secret.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2022, 02:47 AM   #4
handyman1968

Been out of the game for a while had some spare change to throw around so I decided to play some derby futures for the heck of it. Started following the derby trail since the Remsen and this is what I have accumulated the last 5-6 months...

Simplification $30 @ 31-1
Mo Donegal $30 @ 24-1
Zandon $20 @ 21-1
Smile Happy $40 @ 15-1
White Abarrio $20 @ 22-1
Pool 3 FIELD $50 @ 2-1

plus $190 in worthless tickets

If Epicenter or Barber Road wins I am wiped out
handyman1968 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply