Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-12-2022, 06:47 AM   #61
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaney0423 View Post
IMHO, the country is much more respected on the world stage with Biden there.
I'd like to hear the Saudis' opinion on that. Or Putin's.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2022, 07:13 AM   #62
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
I'd like to hear the Saudis' opinion on that. Or Putin's.
Why would you care either opinion, unless you are into dictatorial, oppressive, murderous regimes? Maybe we should get Iran's opinion while we're at it. The only thing those regimes understand is brute force.
Think maybe, after 100,000 dead or wounded and half his tanks turned to scrap metal, Putin is beginning to understand it. Probably teaching him a helluva a lot more than withholding aid from Ukraine.
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2022, 07:44 AM   #63
pandy

Quote:
You couldn't be further from the truth, many dems voted for Biden simply because the only other option was Trump. If DeSantis runs in 24 he has my vote and I'm a card carrying Democrat.
Trump has only ever really cared about himself, to believe otherwise is plain and simple denial! You will see, if DeSantis runs Trump will attempt to burn everything to the ground. The man has no respect for Country, Party, Friend or Family.

I only pray DeSantis runs, or that Biden does not! Because if it's Trump vs Biden again, I will be forced again to vote for Biden , and I think Biden is a crooked turd......but not half as much of a turd as Trump.

DeSantis 24!!!
You're exactly the kind of swing voter that makes it tough for Trump to win. Even when he won in 2016, if he didn't say crazy stuff, like insulting John McCain's service in a disgusting way, he would have won in a landslide. I saw many seniors, especially WWII generation Republicans, but also many others of all ages, who were turned off by that and voted for Clinton. Trump got the Republicans on the populist MAGA track, which is good for their brand, but if they want to reclaim the white house, they have to nominate Desantis. Swing voters are essential for both parties but even more so for Republicans because they get crushed in urban areas.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2022, 07:59 AM   #64
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
You're exactly the kind of swing voter that makes it tough for Trump to win. Even when he won in 2016, if he didn't say crazy stuff, like insulting John McCain's service in a disgusting way, he would have won in a landslide. I saw many seniors, especially WWII generation Republicans, but also many others of all ages, who were turned off by that and voted for Clinton. Trump got the Republicans on the populist MAGA track, which is good for their brand, but if they want to reclaim the white house, they have to nominate Desantis. Swing voters are essential for both parties but even more so for Republicans because they get crushed in urban areas.
Completely agree, I am actually closer on policy with republicans than dems recently anyway, just nothing in me can support the type of person I believe Trump is and I cannot support those republicans willing to give him a pass....aka Gaetz, Jordan, Greene, etc, etc.
DeSantis seems like a breath of fresh air to me, and I'm sure I am not the only one
Old 11-12-2022, 08:12 AM   #65
P.Rosa
Gambler

Quote:
Completely agree, I am actually closer on policy with republicans than dems recently anyway, just nothing in me can support the type of person I believe Trump is and I cannot support those republicans willing to give him a pass....aka Gaetz, Jordan, Greene, etc, etc.
DeSantis seems like a breath of fresh air to me, and I'm sure I am not the only one
You can't vote for the type of person that Trump is, but you can vote for the type of person that Biden is.
Old 11-12-2022, 08:42 AM   #66
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Rosa View Post
You can't vote for the type of person that Trump is, but you can vote for the type of person that Biden is.
I guess that would depend on which one I thought was worse......my vote for Biden was nothing more than a vote against Trump.....and yes, I'd do it again 100 times over......put Satan himself up against Trump and Satan's got my vote.....thats how much I dislike that SOB
Old 11-12-2022, 08:51 AM   #67
P.Rosa
Gambler

Quote:
I guess that would depend on which one I thought was worse......my vote for Biden was nothing more than a vote against Trump.....and yes, I'd do it again 100 times over......put Satan himself up against Trump and Satan's got my vote.....thats how much I dislike that SOB
I never let my emotions override my common sense, if I did I'd be in jail.
Old 11-12-2022, 09:19 AM   #68
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
If you really want to know who has brought the world to the brink, look no further than Vladomir Putin not domestically.
HOW? Did he invade a NATO country?
Old 11-12-2022, 09:21 AM   #69
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Rosa View Post
I never let my emotions override my common sense, if I did I'd be in jail.
I don't really do it either, I just feel that strongly about Trump. We are all different.....thank God lol. The world wouldn't survive too long with more of me in it haha!
Old 11-12-2022, 09:21 AM   #70
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Don't worry, when the media finally gets its hooks deep into him and swings him around nationally for a while, you'll end up hating him more than you ever hated Trump.
Old 11-12-2022, 09:22 AM   #71
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
HOW? Did he invade a NATO country?
Why does it need to be a NATO country, and if that is a requirement, perhaps ask Margie how Biden has brought us to the brink. Did he invade a NATO country.....or Russia for that matter?
Old 11-12-2022, 09:24 AM   #72
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Why does it need to be a NATO country, and if that is a requirement, perhaps ask Margie how Biden has brought us to the brink. Did he invade a NATO country.....or Russia for that matter?
If people are going to be advocating for WW3, at least make it worth something....you said the WORLD IS ON THE BRINK!

How did it get there...AND more importantly WHY?

Surely it shouldn't be over Ukraine. Step back for a moment and put your Mr. Rational hat on.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 11-12-2022 at 09:25 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2022, 09:26 AM   #73
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Don't worry, when the media finally gets its hooks deep into him and swings him around nationally for a while, you'll end up hating him more than you ever hated Trump.
No sir, I don't believe so. I can't predict the future though, so it's always a chance.

At any rate, I've got a lot of errands today and then I need to watch my Cornhuskers get smashed by Michigan lol.

Just know PA, that I've actually come to respect you and your opinion to some degree, even tho I don't agree at least half the time. Another POV is always welcome.
Old 11-12-2022, 09:30 AM   #74
lex

I was shocked that the slam on McCain wasn't the last straw for him. How is it not an insult to all POWs? But then I think of his shooting someone on 5th Avenue comment which tells you exactly what he thinks of his supporters and that didn't do it either.

I could shoot someone and my supporters either wouldn't care because they love me so much or I could tell them about their lying eyes and that would work.

I voted for him because I'm in NY and I decided I wanted one more vote on the books against Hillary. His foreign policy didn't bother me so much. I think it was more than time to call out NATO countries on their spending. Behind the scenes didn't work. Warning Germany about their attachment to Russia was certainly true.

What I think is funny is supporters who think Trump would have done better getting us out of Afghanistan. To me it's clear they knew it was going to be a cluster and that's why they didn't do it before the election. It certainly would have been a win for him if he did it.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2022, 09:36 AM   #75
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
IMHO, the country is much more respected on the world stage with Biden there. Trumps mouth just works way faster than his brain, and he has a one track mind, it says ME,ME,ME,ME,ME,ME,ME on repeat infinitely.
Not so much respect, more relief. Biden is a wimp, a sucker, a pushover. He toes the climate scheme, hands out money it grows on tress, and is no threat to them.

Trump made NATO pay up, questioned Ukrain, was tough.

He is the kind of leader I want. I want, not Crazy Uncle Fluffy.

Trump got us NATO $$$.....what the hell has "respect" gotten us?
Trump kept Putin in check, Biden has written checks..

Last edited by Tom; 11-12-2022 at 09:41 AM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply