Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-10-2022, 01:58 PM   #16
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
You’re messing with us, right? The election officials have the information that you received a ballot in the mail. Knowing that, they won’t even give you a ballot at the polling place. Whether you used that mail in ballot or not is irrelevant.

You may ask, what if I decide that I want to vote in person and not use the mail in ballot? As Formulator 2002 said bring your mail in ballot to the polling place and exchange it .

I would think that if you lost your mail in ballot, you could go to the polling place and they would give you a provisional ballot. Which would count only if the mail in ballot was never received.
I just told you two people I know did this exact thing.

You don't know what you're talking about. Every state is different. You are clueless.

You hold onto this false belief that the elections are so SECURE...except when TRUMP WON, then it was the MOST UNSECURE ELECTION IN HISTORY

Try this on for size...go fuck yourself...
Old 11-10-2022, 01:58 PM   #17
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Did they vote twice or did they attempt to vote twice? I notice you conveniently did not make that clear. In Illinois knowingly voting twice is a class III felony.
FYI here are the penalties for a Class 3 felony in various states. Hardly what I would risk for one extra vote.

Not surprisingly, the pre-set sentencing range for Class 3 felonies is more serious in the states where there are at least six felony classes. That includes 4 to 12 years in Colorado, up to 15 years in South Dakota, a maximum of 20 years in Nebraska and 5 to 20 years in Virginia. Illinois, which has only 4 felony classes, has a pre-set sentencing range of 2 to 5 years for Class 3 felonies. Each state varies on the maximum fine that can be included with a Class 3 felony sentence. The high is $750,000 in Colorado, followed by $150,000 in Arizona. The low is $25,000 in Illinois.
They were given their ballots at their local polling place and cast their votes in person, AFTER mailing in votes a few weeks earlier...so again...go fuck yourself
Old 11-10-2022, 02:00 PM   #18
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

He thinks everything is SO SECURE...except in 2016...when it wasn't...

Now it's much MORE secure with all these MAIL IN BALLOTS...which is ABSURD on the face of it...how can MAIL IN VOTING be MORE SECURE?

It can't be...in fact, it's very much LESS secure...by orders of magnitude.

And it's why they can fuck around and take WEEKS to "count" votes in places like Arizona...

It's a joke, and you're the butt of it (as are the rest of us).
Old 11-10-2022, 02:05 PM   #19
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Go back and read CAREFULLY this time what PA said in his last post. While a voter's name is associated with the MAIL-IN ballot, there is, apparently, no such association with a person's identity when a person votes in person. Therefore, how can any election official know that a person didn't vote twice -- once by mail-in and then anonymously in person? It's akin to comparing apples with oranges.
anonymously in person? that's pushing the envelope (pun intended)

the vote may be accepted, but is it counted twice ?

that's the key question.

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill

Last edited by formula_2002; 11-10-2022 at 02:07 PM.
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2022, 02:09 PM   #20
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
They were given their ballots at their local polling place and cast their votes in person, AFTER mailing in votes a few weeks earlier...so again...go fuck yourself

When I was in California I was thinking of registering my cat and tortoise to vote. I then found out it was a felony and decided not to do it. I would give that over a 50-50 chance to succeed there. When under 30 in California I moved around a lot, and always voted. In many areas there you vote yearly and then some. My voter registrations came back so fast there is no way they were properly vetted. I am guessing the cat may have got declined as her name was Rocket, the tortoise was named Leonard so he would probably be approved.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2022, 02:52 PM   #21
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I just told you two people I know did this exact thing.
Will you be offended if I say I don’t believe you? Oh well. Let’s say they did vote. Was it a provisional ballot? By the way, I won’t believe you about that either.
You don't know what you're talking about. Every state is different. You are clueless.

You hold onto this false belief that the elections are so SECURE...except when TRUMP WON, then it was the MOST UNSECURE ELECTION IN HISTORY

Try this on for size...go fuck yourself...
The problem with 2016 was not secure or insecure. Nobody thought there was significant voter fraud or election fraud. The problem was Russian hackers and bots spreading lies and rumors. There was also the problem of suppressing votes.
Old 11-10-2022, 02:59 PM   #22
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
The problem with 2016 was not secure or insecure. Nobody thought there was significant voter fraud or election fraud. The problem was Russian hackers and bots spreading lies and rumors. There was also the problem of suppressing votes.
That's ok, Jimmy...you don't have to believe me...
Old 11-10-2022, 06:06 PM   #23
jay68802

Quote:
But it is not a problem when the MSM, FBI, and all the major Social Media platforms spread lies and rumors, and censor American citizens by direction of the government, just to influence a election?
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2022, 06:28 PM   #24
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

https://www.propublica.org/article/w...voting-by-mail

It varies by state.
In NY, you can mail in a ballot and then vote in person. The mail-in and in-person ballots are cross ckecked. I asked the Board of Elections in person.
Old 11-10-2022, 07:04 PM   #25
tbwinner

I've never voted by mail or absentee.

Do the absentee ballots have information ON THE ACTUAL BALLOT that ties them to you?

The question I haven't seen raised is what is stopping anybody from submitting these duplicate ballots if they don't have knowledge an individual has already voted?

What's to stop someone from COPYING a ballot and inserting them thru the polling place or submitting by mail?

I'm not talking conspiracy here- I'm genuinely curious.
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2022, 07:08 PM   #26
tbwinner

Further...

What's stopping someone from obtaining a voter list and going to the polls as that person in a state with no voter ID laws? And even in non-strict voter ID law states, you could just state the address on record and certify--you'd be good.

*Yes, I know this is a felony. I'm just asking the question. It probably has happened at least once, but what if that number is in the 100s? 1000s? 10s of 1000s??

Or you just take the opinion that fraud on both sides cancels each other out? Seems smart.
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2022, 08:39 PM   #27
Cuffdaddy

In CA, they asked me my last name and address then showed me a screen that had my date of birth and only asked if that information was correct. They did not ask for ID, I brought my mail in ballot that had my choices as a guide to vote in person. They did not ask me to exchange the mail in ballot.

Again, Mostpost just making stuff up to fit his tales on how things are done.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2022, 08:59 PM   #28
lex

This year in NY you aren't allowed to show up and vote on election day if you've absenteed. But yes you used to be able to do that and the absentee would be tossed. Not having the system set up properly woldn't be a shocker though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner View Post
I've never voted by mail or absentee.

Do the absentee ballots have information ON THE ACTUAL BALLOT that ties them to you?

The question I haven't seen raised is what is stopping anybody from submitting these duplicate ballots if they don't have knowledge an individual has already voted?

What's to stop someone from COPYING a ballot and inserting them thru the polling place or submitting by mail?

I'm not talking conspiracy here- I'm genuinely curious.
Your absentee goes inside an envelope that you fill out, sign and date. So no personal info on the ballot itself. They verify the info on the envelope is correct before opening. That envelope then goes into the mailing envelope.

And for your question on ID they verify your signature when you sign in. I'd say that's a little questionable now that we sign electronically. Absentee ballots are probably a better check now. We used to sign right next to a copy of our signature from registration. Now they just eyeball it I guess.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2022, 11:22 PM   #29
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

What they DO know is what party you belong to...it's right on the screen in BIG BOLD LETTERS...and I know why that is...for closed primaries...but it IS another way that if you WANTED to rig the system...you could...