Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-14-2022, 09:33 PM   #1
Rollingpk3

Beyer Pars

Always surprised how many races list this information at not available. I can see a brand new condition or distance but this it way too common of an occurrence
Rollingpk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2022, 10:36 PM   #2
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingpk3 View Post
Always surprised how many races list this information at not available. I can see a brand new condition or distance but this it way too common of an occurrence
Yea, thought the same thing, its not a very useful tool.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2022, 09:18 AM   #3
classhandicapper

I think there are more PARs listed in the Beyer documentation than come up in the PPs. For it to come up in the PPs, someone has to manually enter the PAR in the DRF system at least once. Even then, there might be some issues with matching the conditions perfectly.

Also, a lot of the missing races are for 2YOs and 3YOs where the PAR changes throughout the year and not just necessarily by Track/Class. Others classes are run so infrequently it’s hard to know what the PAR is other than a rough guess.

If you just use speed figures, I don’t see much use for PARs. But if you are trying to understand the class pecking order on a circuit, compare shippers in non figure terms, find occasional hidden drop downs, separate strong and weak fields for the class etc.. imo you need some basis for comparison.

You can print out PARs by track here.

https://promos.drf.com/Beyer

Last edited by classhandicapper; 10-15-2022 at 09:26 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2022, 05:34 PM   #4
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I think there are more PARs listed in the Beyer documentation than come up in the PPs. For it to come up in the PPs, someone has to manually enter the PAR in the DRF system at least once. Even then, there might be some issues with matching the conditions perfectly.

Also, a lot of the missing races are for 2YOs and 3YOs where the PAR changes throughout the year and not just necessarily by Track/Class. Others classes are run so infrequently it’s hard to know what the PAR is other than a rough guess.

If you just use speed figures, I don’t see much use for PARs. But if you are trying to understand the class pecking order on a circuit, compare shippers in non figure terms, find occasional hidden drop downs, separate strong and weak fields for the class etc.. imo you need some basis for comparison.

Quite surprising that they are open and free .....

BroadwayJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2022, 06:17 PM   #5
GMB@BP

Quote:

I dont, and have never, really used them just found it odd that it feels like 7/10 races dont have one.

Another thing that is driving me nutz is the DRF Ticketmaker have scratches of horses that are not scratched.
Old 10-16-2022, 10:16 AM   #6
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post

Another thing that is driving me nutz is the DRF Ticketmaker have scratches of horses that are not scratched.
I’m retired, but I will report that to the appropriate person tomorrow. They may not even know. That’s a pretty good tool. It’s one of several that had plans drawn up for significant enhancement that would have made them pretty awesome, but budgets have away of ruining fun.
Old 10-16-2022, 10:30 AM   #7
GMB@BP

Quote:
I’m retired, but I will report that to the appropriate person tomorrow. They may not even know. That’s a pretty good tool. It’s one of several that had plans drawn up for significant enhancement that would have made them pretty awesome, but budgets have away of ruining fun.
been playing keeneland exclusively, happens at least to 2-3 races per day.
Old 10-16-2022, 02:46 PM   #8
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
been playing keeneland exclusively, happens at least to 2-3 races per day.
Reported to the person in management that can get something done to fix it. No promises because I'm not there to personally push problem tickets anymore, but it's in the right hands.
Old 10-16-2022, 02:47 PM   #9
GMB@BP

Quote:
Reported to the person in management that can get something done to fix it. No promises because I'm not there to personally push problem tickets anymore, but it's in the right hands.
kewl, no issues today that I noticed.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: