Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 10-07-2022, 03:15 AM   #1
lamboguy

Very weird year handicapping

first, i picked up that the horses that were training at Keeneland underperformed the horses that trained in other places. i saw that because when i was watching the spring meet, Wesley Ward was struggling at the start with his 2-year-olds and he usually runs the ones that are ready first. after 3 works somewhere else, the horses started to run better there.

then,i noticed the horses that trained over the Oklahoma track at Saratoga were coming up short for no particular reason on their first run over any track that they showed up on including Saratoga, Belmont and Churchill. this is the first time i have ever seen this happen because historically those 2 places were amongst the best to train over. the very best track to train over used to be Thistle Downs and Calder Park. Calder is closed now and Thistle has been nothing special.

next year this will change again and you will have to pick up on the trends that will happen then.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2022, 10:26 AM   #2
Inner Dirt

How much time do you spend gathering this information? I only bet baby races when forced to like when they drop one in a pick 6 with a fat carryover I can't resist playing. I usually spread the damn things.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2022, 12:06 PM   #3
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
How much time do you spend gathering this information? I only bet baby races when forced to like when they drop one in a pick 6 with a fat carryover I can't resist playing. I usually spread the damn things.
when you approach this game you realize that as soon as you make your bets you are up against it with the takeout and the breakage and now today you have to overcome the CAW. so unless you like losing your money to the CAW, you have to overcome aspects of the game that they don't even know exist. that takes work.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2022, 03:42 AM   #4
metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
when you approach this game you realize that as soon as you make your bets you are up against it with the takeout and the breakage and now today you have to overcome the CAW. so unless you like losing your money to the CAW, you have to overcome aspects of the game that they don't even know exist. that takes work.
Speaking of CAWs has everyone noticed how hard they’re hitting the Keeneland pools? Wish there was more transparency with track mutuel departments showing what percentage of handle CAWs are responsible for and time stamps for when their wagers are placed. We all know it is last minute but just how close to getting shut out are they allowed to be?
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply