Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-09-2022, 04:22 AM   #1
Half Smoke

cop shoots teen eating burger in Mcdonalds parking lot

the teen is in critical condition - fighting for his life

sick

https://i.imgur.com/JT4NNYX.png

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/08/u...mcdonalds.html

Old 10-09-2022, 07:48 AM   #2
JustRalph
Just another Facist

This guy lost his mind, then his job.
Old 10-09-2022, 09:28 AM   #3
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Smoke View Post

the teen is in critical condition - fighting for his life

sick

https://i.imgur.com/JT4NNYX.png

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/08/u...mcdonalds.html

Link behind a paywall.
Old 10-09-2022, 09:42 AM   #4
Half Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Link behind a paywall.

here's another one

nyt lets you get over on the paywall by putting the headline title into google and then clicking the link - their reporting is generally better than others - they allow you 2 articles and then the paywall comes - but you can get more articles by clearing your history and going to google with the headline again -

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-lot-rcna51196

and here is the vid of the incident:

Old 10-09-2022, 10:09 AM   #5
Inner Dirt

Here is what I got. Don't run from police. Look at the way the kid was parked,
pretty sloppy, he could have been impaired. As for the officer, he for one stood too close to the car door, he should have either grabbed the keys or backed away, not stood in the neutral zone. I think shooting the kid is an over reaction from the pain of getting hit with the car door. Something that happens often with a normal person, but should not happen with a trained police officer.

I have had a good handful of things happen to me where I believe someone else might have lashed out, and I considered the source and did nothing.

It will be interesting what charges will be brought on both sides and the outcome. Of course that kid's skin doesn't look dark enough to get a lot of media time. It didn't make it on the front page of MSN.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 10-09-2022 at 10:11 AM.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2022, 11:37 AM   #6
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Nothing prior or during that interaction rose to the level of firing a weapon.
The cop should be taken off the streets.

And charged.
Old 10-09-2022, 12:01 PM   #7
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

And charged.

In spite of my long dissertation I agree 100%. The cop definitely cannot claim he feared for his life and the safety of others. I would be curious to hear his side of the story, and what he was thinking.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2022, 07:58 PM   #8
MargieRose

Isn't anyone interested in knowing why the (aw) poor little kid wanted to take off? Before approaching, the cop said that he was possibly someone who may have been involved in another incident. Based on the (aw) poor little kid's reaction, he was probably right.

It's time to start giving these cops a break already and not rush to judgement like a good little leftist.

As well, leave it to the NY Times to sensationalize something with its headline, alone.

MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2022, 08:49 PM   #9
OntheRail

The kid fleed from this rookie a day or so early. Duddley after calling in to inform the station that he was altering his mission. Should of got back into his patrol car and drove it behind the kids car with bar flashing. Then approached the driver. None of this would of happen if he had done so.

The kid acted stupid... Duddley acted like a idiotic thung with little regard for public safety. He's no better then the gang bangers shooting up the streets.

He should never be allowed to carry a badge or gun for being a thoughtless moron.
Old 10-09-2022, 08:57 PM   #10
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Isn't anyone interested in knowing why the (aw) poor little kid wanted to take off? Before approaching, the cop said that he was possibly someone who may have been involved in another incident. Based on the (aw) poor little kid's reaction, he was probably right.

It's time to start giving these cops a break already and not rush to judgement like a good little leftist.

As well, leave it to the NY Times to sensationalize something with its headline, alone.

Being a leftist has nothing to do with it. Nobody deserves to get shot while eating a burger in a parking lot. Who knows why he reacted the way he did, maybe the kid did something wrong earlier or someone through his short life he's seen things where he has trouble trusting police. I usually give the police the benefit of the doubt but not in this case. This guy has no business being a cop.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2022, 09:37 PM   #11
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

And charged.
Precisely.

I had several traffic stops refuse to sign citations-just drive off, over the years. I rarely pursued them, and never more than a block or so. Just enough to add charges. I just filed a warrant for their arrest and let it sit until somebody stopped them again.

Although a few times I did actively work the warrant at a later date.

Most of the time on a Sunday evening about dinner time, just as they were sitting down with their family for dinner.

Once at their place of employment ( in a lecture hall on the Ohio State Campus) while they were teaching their college course.

They would always have a fit because I would add “fleeing and eluding police” charges which were felony charges. After they sat in jail overnight-post a bond for a felony I would then normally instruct the prosecutor that I would be good with them dropping their fleeing and eluding charge to reckless operation of a motor vehicle (huge insurance price hike) as long as they plead guilty to the original traffic charge along with reckless op. This avoided a felony conviction. But would maybe teach a lesson?

https://codes.ohio.gov/ohio-revised-...ction-2921.331

Last edited by JustRalph; 10-09-2022 at 09:39 PM.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2022, 09:47 AM   #12
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Shooting a gun in a crowded parking lot is stupid.
What if he shot some kid standing ouysite the store?
What do you say to his parents?
"You want fries wit dat?"
Old 10-10-2022, 10:06 AM   #13
MargieRose

When the leftists and Democrats demand defunding the police, what actually gets defunded? I wouldn’t be surprised, if training procedures and time put in takes a big hit. What does seven months on-the-job mean? Is the new-hire’s training time included within those seven months, in this case? Or, if not, how long is the training period *now*, and what does it consist of *now*?

This officer is obviously inexperienced. Whose fault is that? Why was he in a car by himself, being so new? Whose fault is that?

The blame here needs to be spread around. The easy way out for the higher-ups is to just fire the rooky with righteous anger.

With so much serious crime (with guns) being committed by brazen *youngsters* in NYC and no one doing anything about it, maybe the infiltration of the new ‘Chinese Police Overseas’ operation is just what NYC, and elsewhere, needs. The leftists and Demos, backed by Biden’s approval of the CCP’s operation (how else could they be allowed on U.S. soil?), might be able to tout a winning plan to temper crime for the upcoming elections. We may not need our own inept police, after all.

Old 10-10-2022, 10:20 AM   #14
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
When the leftists and Democrats demand defunding the police, what actually gets defunded? I wouldn’t be surprised, if training procedures and time put in takes a big hit. What does seven months on-the-job mean? Is the new-hire’s training time included within those seven months, in this case? Or, if not, how long is the training period *now*, and what does it consist of *now*?

This officer is obviously inexperienced. Whose fault is that? Why was he in a car by himself, being so new? Whose fault is that?

The blame here needs to be spread around. The easy way out for the higher-ups is to just fire the rooky with righteous anger.

With so much serious crime (with guns) being committed by brazen *youngsters* in NYC and no one doing anything about it, maybe the infiltration of the new ‘Chinese Police Overseas’ operation is just what NYC, and elsewhere, needs. The leftists and Demos, backed by Biden’s approval of the CCP’s operation (how else could they be allowed on U.S. soil?), might be able to tout a winning plan to temper crime for the upcoming elections. We may not need our own inept police, after all.

what we really need to do is blame the guy that got shot. he shouldn't be sticking that Mickee D's garbage down his throat to begin with, and he obviously wasn't carrying a weapon like he should have. cops don't like to engage on people with weapons.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2022, 10:24 AM   #15
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
what we really need to do is blame the guy that got shot. he shouldn't be sticking that Mickee D's garbage down his throat to begin with, and he obviously wasn't carrying a weapon like he should have. cops don't like to engage on people with weapons.
I wasn't talking about this particular kid. Why are you, in reference to what I said?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: