Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-04-2022, 08:21 PM   #31
OntheRail

Gas 3.99 and nine tenths here... dozen eggs 4.59.... no margarine to be found in store. Bread all looks pale like its not getting a full bake. 12 pack of coke 7.79. Seen a 10lb Hershey mini mixed bag of Halloween candy for 35 bucks.

And wait till OPEC rolls back production... out of spite cause dipshit Joe plays footsie with Iran and insulted the Prince who will be King someday. Pushing them into the arms of our enemies.... cause Joe Briben is a short sighted moronic idiot.
Old 10-04-2022, 08:25 PM   #32
chrisl

Screw it. Buying a quarter beef. I will break it down myself. I have my daughter's family living with me now. Grandpa needs to get creative. Grass fed, grain finished. Huge garden's, put up a lot of food this year. Time to not rely on the store. Mason jars have hurt this year.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2022, 11:47 PM   #33
Dave Schwartz

And no reply from Mosty.

Shocked.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2022, 01:09 AM   #34
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
And no reply from Mosty.

Shocked.
What can I say? Prices are higher. But, would it be any better if Trump was president? I doubt it. I think it would be worse. Not only would we have high prices, but we wouldn’t have the jobs growth we’ve experienced and we wouldn’t have the increase in wages.

If Trump was President, Ukraine would be a Russian Vassal state. If Trump was President, abortions would be I,legal everywhere, birth control would be outlawed, EPA would be emasculated, fair elections would be impossible.

I don’t like these high prices any better than anyone else, but if they are the price of keeping the MAGA Republicans out of power, I am willing to pay that price. Besides, not only do I not think thay can fix things. I am convinced they will make things worse.
Old 10-05-2022, 05:28 AM   #35
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
What can I say? Prices are higher. But, would it be any better if Trump was president? I doubt it. I think it would be worse. Not only would we have high prices, but we wouldn’t have the jobs growth we’ve experienced and we wouldn’t have the increase in wages.

If Trump was President, Ukraine would be a Russian Vassal state. If Trump was President, abortions would be I,legal everywhere, birth control would be outlawed, EPA would be emasculated, fair elections would be impossible.

I don’t like these high prices any better than anyone else, but if they are the price of keeping the MAGA Republicans out of power, I am willing to pay that price. Besides, not only do I not think thay can fix things. I am convinced they will make things worse.
Only brain dead people can not see that you and your kind would support someone like yourself who spends other peoples money to pay for the people that come from countrys with limited resources. Putin is invading other countrys to rob them of resources, it is no supprise when we have such a weak President Putin would make a grab for reasources, it is how yall think. In California gas is pushing to $ 7 dollars, just wait until it starts costing that everywhere. Even in your state the safe place that you live might be a risk just going to church for an old man. Wake up you can hardly defend the crap you say, your fellow man where you live has had enough almost to the breaking point. Look on the bright side when things start getting rough you can always call the cops, just how is the defunding working for you? Can you afford to live on Martha's Vineyard or live next to Pelosi who is going down with the ship, just 5 weeks before midterm elections.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2022, 08:30 AM   #36
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I’m still buying sirloin for 3.79 a lb. For my restaurant.

Chicken leg n thigh .79 a lb

Whole chicken cut. 1.49 lb

Wings 1.63lb

Clod (chuck) 2.79 lb. We have to grind it

Pork butt. 1.29 lb

We don’t even buy shrimp anymore except for promotions 4.00 lb but moves around often.

Thank goodness I can shop for meats out of my restaurant freezer.
Your a different client than the rest of us....
BroadwayJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2022, 08:37 AM   #37
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I haven't had a steak in a while, mostly cuts of pork and chicken. I would compare the common rural grocery chain here, Food Lion to be a notch below a Safeway. I doubt $20 a pound meat exists. I will window shop for steak next time.
Haven't had chicken legs,thighs,wings,or pork in my house for decades..

I might have to look into appealing recipes to insert into my diet...

Been using those home deliveries for past 18 months....like Hello Fresh

Waste is at a minimum and different tasty meals for at least 3 of the 7 days....@ about $70

Worth looking into...

Last edited by BroadwayJoe; 10-05-2022 at 08:40 AM.
BroadwayJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2022, 10:30 AM   #38
mountainman

Never hunted..not once. But an infestation of fat, indolent venison literally clogs the roads in my semi-rural area. Now wondering if Elmer Fudd hats come in 7 3/4?
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2022, 10:40 AM   #39
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
If Trump was President, Ukraine would be a Russian Vassal state.
This is funny coming from the guy who voted for the guy who enabled Russia to invade in the first place.

Under Trump, Putin had to wait for Trump to leave before he could make this move, knowing Trump was unpredictable and liked to portray an image of strength.

That's how weak YOUR president is TODAY.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 10-05-2022 at 10:41 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2022, 11:26 AM   #40
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i went to Costco sunday.. gas $2.99, rotisserie chicken $5.00, Ferrerer Roche chocolates $10.89 a box up from $8 last year with a 4-box limit..

hot dog and lemonade on the way out still $1.50

The price gas and hot dogs alone make it worthwhile to sign-up for membership
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2022, 12:02 PM   #41
OntheRail

Quote:
Trump had the economy at its best in decades... record job participation... energy independents... not held hostage to OPEC as Joe Briben Administration's has put us once again... border security... Everything was better just 2 short years ago. You know that is the truth it's spite what you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
I know you have heard by now... the whole Russia Russia Russia narrative was Bullshit Lies Democrats made up out of thin air... to fool the idiots like you. Right? Unlike weak ass feeble minded Joe. Trump was President of the United States. He Commanded... Demanded... Respect from foreign allies and adversaries. No with Trump in the White House Ukraine would not be in ruin... Trump would not of said like dipshit Joe Briben a little incursion was okay (no doubt in the hope that any of Briben Inc's evidence could be destroyed). Trump would of said if needed don't even think of it. And Joe's weakness has Kim shooting rockets off left... right and over Japan.. 5 in the last week alone and a nuke test coming soon. Trump had him in check. And would of called him and talked to him if needed to put him back in it. Cause Trump was The President of The United States unlike weak Joe Briben the puppet.

As for Roe... it be right where it is back to the States.

It's the Democrats that are unconstitutionally pushing to Federalizes elections... all Republicans desire is ID and accountability... one person one vote. Only dipshits like yourself think carpet bombing mail-in ballots across the urban landscape with no varifaction of any kind... is a good thing and promotes honest fair elections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
All you have posted is proof Trump Derangement Syndrome is real and your a carrier of it.... You're in for a major dose of red fever come November.
Old 10-05-2022, 01:01 PM   #42
Inner Dirt

Quote:

A lot of the inflation is tied to Russia invading Ukraine, something that happened without much thought of repercussions due to the weakness and clumsiness Biden showed pulling out of Afghanistan. Doubt that happens if Trump is president. We know higher wages are mostly due to having to over pay fast food workers and the like to come back to work and places like California raising state minimum wages. The job creation claims are people going back to work from Covid lock downs. Don't waste your time posting numbers relating to the job market, they were made out to be useless nonsense last time.

Can you think for yourself? That line about keeping MAGA Republicans out of power has been repeated 1,000's of time by every Democrat, even the ones that are obviously dumb as a box or rocks. How do you think high prices would help Democrats stay in power? Also could you define what a MAGA Republican is, the latest boogeyman you all are fighting against?
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2022, 02:40 PM   #43
fast4522

Quote:
A lot of the inflation is tied to Russia invading Ukraine, something that happened without much thought of repercussions due to the weakness and clumsiness Biden showed pulling out of Afghanistan. Doubt that happens if Trump is president. We know higher wages are mostly due to having to over pay fast food workers and the like to come back to work and places like California raising state minimum wages. The job creation claims are people going back to work from Covid lock downs. Don't waste your time posting numbers relating to the job market, they were made out to be useless nonsense last time.

Can you think for yourself? That line about keeping MAGA Republicans out of power has been repeated 1,000's of time by every Democrat, even the ones that are obviously dumb as a box or rocks. How do you think high prices would help Democrats stay in power? Also could you define what a MAGA Republican is, the latest boogeyman you all are fighting against?

A real understanding of energy independant as we once were with Trump to this anemic for lack of my better wording of our current economy that is gasping for change. These assholes think that it is alright to impact the lower middle class the most, Bidens whole team are a bunch of bumbling idiots. Just keeping these United States energy independant it would not matter much about Ukraine or what the balding commie Putin does. I give huge credit to what team Trump accomplished with the Abraham Accords, I can only imagine the amount of good that would have been possible if Trump got his second term and was not under constant attack from the commies within our country during his first term.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2022, 04:32 PM   #44
jimmyb

Quote:

Yup, not surprising given that you support the party that tells us men have the ability to get pregnant. And you have people on the left encouraging pedophilia. No cash bail for repeat felons. People afraid to ride the subway... Gotta hand it to those far left DA's. though. More than five million criminals crossing the border putting a strain on an already compromised supply chain. Killing US citizens with the opiods they're muleing. Here's hoping a violent repeat felon comes knocking you about the head. Sure glad you're willing to pay that price

Last edited by jimmyb; 10-05-2022 at 04:35 PM.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2022, 05:11 PM   #45
mostpost

Quote:

You really don’t have a clue. The Afghanistan withdrawal began under Trump and was mismanaged from the start. Biden delayed the end date by several months to try and get things under control, but nobody suspected the Afghan military would not only collapse, but outright join the Taliban.

The idea that Trump would stop Putin from invading Ukraine is laughable. All the Trump sycophants are falling all over themselves supporting Russia and denigrating Ukraine.

A MAGA Republican can be defined simply as less than an idiot.