Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Old 05-21-2018, 12:56 PM   #46
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
What stock was that Alton?? I somehow forgot to ask when you made that post.

How can you forget the best stock in the worlds symbol.

I only watch two stocks , the rest are just noise

IBM

and SFOR , aka "the best stock in the world"
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2018, 09:50 AM   #47
upthecreek

Dow 50,000?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ays/635354002/
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2018, 08:37 AM   #48
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I had to laugh at this:

NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2018, 08:41 AM   #49
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek View Post
Martin Armstrong has said this for about 2 years now, and I became convinced of it in 2017 after seeing what still happens regarding most fiat based central governments, and their success with kicking the can down the road --- little to nothing, for now. They can do it for (and have) much longer than people realize, even though foundation is ripe for crumbling at any moment, and will continue to become a higher risk as debt creeps up.

Where are you going to put your money in the coming years, and where is the momentum? Equities are the place that provide some hedge on fiat, are known and "trusted" by new and old investors, as "price" will be price and obviously is dependent and scaled on how strong any given currency is. Crypto and other new avenues will also be additive in momentum, as he states. I personally see it rising to the middle of next decade, ~2025

Lemonides states:
Quote:
The risk now is investors being out of the market. The risk later, he warns, will be investors piling in at the top in pursuit of gains they never saw coming.
He nails it right there. That's the classic progression historically, and everyone is aware of it.

In summary, I agree, but I don't think 50k, I think more along Armstrong's 40k. Certainly 30k into Trump's 2nd term.

Last edited by LemonSoupKid; 05-30-2018 at 08:45 AM.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2019, 01:26 AM   #50
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I can’t imagine this market continuing like this.......

Trumps Tax cuts are going to help it........BUT

Eventually it has to fall back......predictions?

I say within 12-24 months.......October 2019 or shortly thereafter

I know almost nothing about the stock market, but this cannot go on forever........
Your call on the timing might be right!
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2019, 08:22 PM   #51
Segwin

Looking at the Dow monthly shows that there have been three attempts to push higher met with resistance (not a good sign in and of itself). The most troubling indicator is the shooting star as shown in the pic. Shooting stars often are signs of a reversal that is coming soon. I would think that's why there has been a buzz about the economy.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dow.jpg (109.8 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Segwin; 08-21-2019 at 08:23 PM.
Segwin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2019, 08:51 PM   #52
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

On the contrary, that chart could also indicate a long consolidation after the huge run-up from Jan 2016 to Jan 2018...hardly the sign of impending doom. In fact, it could just as easily be the calm before the next leg up.

That shooting star is in a weird spot for it to be a sign that an extended downturn is on the horizon.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 08-21-2019 at 08:52 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2019, 09:09 PM   #53
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segwin View Post
Looking at the Dow monthly shows that there have been three attempts to push higher met with resistance (not a good sign in and of itself). The most troubling indicator is the shooting star as shown in the pic. Shooting stars often are signs of a reversal that is coming soon. I would think that's why there has been a buzz about the economy.
Looking at your monthly chart, there must be what, 4-5 other shooting stars, and no comment about what happened after them? And immediately to left of the star is a bullish tweezer pattern, so why wasn't a buzz about that? Maybe it didn't fit the media's planned narrative.

On weekly charts it has closed over 27,000 on three different times. There's no magic to testing a resistance line three times, just a good average or rule of thumb. Last week it was the bond yields causing the buzz, and before and after that the trade war, now it's July's monthly candlestick shooting star? Nothing goes up in a straight line, but who knows long it will stick below that line. It does give old Joe Kernen on MSNBC something to cover.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:06 PM   #54
Ocala Mike

Joe Kernen is on CNBC (host of Squawk Box), not MSNBC. I'm not a fan, to use today's jargon - I hurl a lot of STFU's on him while he's on.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2019, 03:39 AM   #55
lamboguy

unscientific, but i use the handle of the Kentucky Derby to target Dow moves. right now i have the Dow going to $47,0000. when its going there i can't tell you.

for gold, i have that going to $1585 the ounce on its way to $2700.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2019, 06:00 AM   #56
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
Joe Kernen is on CNBC (host of Squawk Box), not MSNBC. I'm not a fan, to use today's jargon - I hurl a lot of STFU's on him while he's on.
YOU SIR, are Correct!. I obviously don't know my NBC's. It must drive old Joe nuts when the kid next to him writes best sellers and top rated shows on Showtime. He takes shots at him at every opp.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:10 AM   #57
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
unscientific, but i use the handle of the Kentucky Derby to target Dow moves. right now i have the Dow going to $47,0000. when its going there i can't tell you.

for gold, i have that going to $1585 the ounce on its way to $2700.
Funny, there was a beautiful shooting star candlestick (see prev.#51) back for the week of April 8th, and six weeks later, it took off like a rocket. Where was the media buzz about that? You may well be right.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: